Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion vs. SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I may be alone on this bit I want a good month or two to enjoy sl before pl expansion is released
    Just my 2 plat

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I may be alone on this bit I want a good month or two to enjoy sl before pl expansion is released
    *pushes Kraze off the band wagon*
    /emote wave
    Buh-bye.

In all seriousness, I cannot say that I'm looking forward to one over the other. My PL play time has been reduced drastically and I imagine a new campaign will spark my interests a bit. I've been supressing my urge to want to play SL, but have no idea if I'll be able to rekindle it after the iOS launch finally emerges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally think the SL release will come first, to give us some time to get addicted. It's a bit disappointing as the PL expansion seems to have been promised for a gazillion years, and I personally don't intend to play SL. Am I the only one getting a bit annoyed about seeing so many references to SL in PL forums - they're not the same game! (Bah humbug.)
    Zaghorakis - level 60 bear | Arczaghorakis - level 60 bird | Enczaghorakis - level 60 enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowie View Post
    Dev also did mention that official launch of sl on all devices at the same time, and yet, android got it first! Lmao! As an IOS user, i kinda give up on the waiting. Still playing the game though, but stop the platinium purchase.
    I agree. It's been a long time. Also the expansion never seems to come out. I play better mmos now

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Every time they tell us they submitted to Apple, people who always want to get theirs first post about how much they hate Apple. So they stopped telling us. Can't blame them. The direct result of Apple haters hating on submission threads has been the discontinuation of submission threads.

It's too bad this can't be a place where people put aside OS wars and just enjoy playing together.

Good news is, they did submit the next PL client, which will include Nuri's Hollow for free, the Vampire story for plat, guilds, and deal of the day.

It will take a while, but I suspect it will pass before SL. SL must have some additional problems. It's been two weeks since the plat split.
    Exactly. Players will only be thankful when surprised with the update. I doubt players would focus on why they weren't told that the update was submitted in the first place.

In addition, PL (facebook at least), said to expect the update very soon/shortly. I don't know about them, but very soon/shortly means a week or two at most for me. Unless they mean the submitting of the update very soon/shortly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I honestly don't think any will come out soon. They promised the expansion like a month or maybe more ago. The droiders have all the fun with SL now while all iOS users do is just sit there waiting.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokechmp View Post
    I honestly don't think any will come out soon. They promised the expansion like a month or maybe more ago. The droiders have all the fun with SL now while all iOS users do is just sit there waiting.
    When have they promised? They've never given exact specified dates as to when they will release the update.

You don't seem to get it. Put yourself in STS' shoes, don't you think releasing a new game/content to all channels is in their best interest?

iOS release + PL update = $$$ for STS. Trust me, they are as eager as we are to release the stuff. Being eager/excited doesn't call for releasing unfinished or unpolished work too, they have standards to keep.

Droiders' fun is also probably dwindling down now (no offense), without the iOS players to keep the servers very populated. More people, more cash, more to sell to/buy from.

So all of this is really just for the best. Best for droid, best for STS, best for iOS. Overall, best for everyone.

I know, it sucks to have candy dangled in your face and right as you try to grab it, it swings away. Just find something else to focus on for now. That piece of candy will be back in your face before you know it. They'll even feed it to you directly
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 08-24-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    ...there is going to be plenty added to the next update for PL (deal of the day, premium characters) ...
    premium characters?
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    iOS release + PL update = $$$ for STS. Trust me, they are as eager as we are to release the stuff. Being eager/excited doesn't call for releasing unfinished or unpolished work too, they have standards to keep.

Droiders' fun is also probably dwindling down now (no offense), without the iOS players to keep the servers very populated. More people, more cash, more to sell to/buy from.
    I agree with first paragraph! As far as the population dropping because iOS players are not playing as much, I really don't see an issue with the amount of people who play. I sit in Forest Haven a lot and it's always full of people. I never have trouble selling things. But of course I could be wrong. I haven't seen actual figures showing how many people play and from what devices..

PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I was of the opinion they wanted to give people a chance to get hooked on SL before adding another PL expansion. As far as strategy (in the ideal world at least) this seems like the best move for STS. If SL is getting major issues with Apple, then they might have to change strategies, but in the long term, I think SL first is still best, just my .02 worth
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hopefully starlegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently so.
    Zaghorakis - level 60 bear | Arczaghorakis - level 60 bird | Enczaghorakis - level 60 enchantress