Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
Keep in mind this is Before awaken hit the game.

1. Buy plat
2. Buy gold
3. Plat offers
4. Plat farm

These were your options. " THAT IS A FACT"

You would typically spend cash to open locks in hopes of hitting a item that sold for a high price.

So what caused this issue that is inflation today?

Back then it was up to the players to open locks to fuel the economy. But what happens if players aren't opening locks? What happens to the economy? This is why plat offers was never removed.

1. Buy plat
2. Buy gold
3. Plat offers
4. Plat farm

This all ties into the mechanics of the game.

Although it was against the terms of service People that plat farmed assisted in opening locks.

This is why they massive Perma ban players in waves opposed to perma banning them immediately. they knew 100%.

You guys still think I'm rambling?. try to plat farm today and see what happens I dare you.

Back then there were like 5 to 6 plat offer providers.

Fast forward to when awaken gems and farmable gold was introduced into the game.

Awaken gems and farmable gold was never intended to be in the game it was injected. But why? What happen?

Maybe there were to many items in the economy at one point due to plat farming and no one was opening locks as much anymore?

Awaken gem kits equate to guaranteed gold. Why would a player gamble with locks when awaken gem kits are guaranteed gold? So now the economy focused on awaken gem kits this includes the plat farmers.

But at certain point they " removed 3 or 4 plat offer service providers" why? Why did they take so long to remove most of them? Or...... Was sts banned from using these services?

Fast forward to present day

My take on this is kinda murky because I don't play at all. But I understand sts has changed a lot since then and it appears they're a lot better.... But..... But a economy has to be lead into a direction?.

The consistency of events so long as the rewards are good will keep players playing the game and spending money.

But what happens if the player base completely ignored events and targeted farming gold. I wonder if they'll nerf gold drop to the absolute minimum Or just do away with it completely.

I forgot to add

Keep in mind the economy use to farm locks to sell.

Keep in mind that locks changed over the years.

We still farm locks to sell but they don't go for much. That's unless they're a massive lock or something that's similar to a massive.

we have to craft locks up to a massive lock to gain a higher chance at hitting something. Why? Maybe To slow the process down.?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Clearly you haven’t played AL before awakenings were introduced, frankly, i doubt you have much knowledge about the game in general, let alone the economy.
I for one didn’t have to spend a single dime nor farm gold when i was relatively new to the game; i farmed locked’s and made a killing off of that back in the day.
Lepre’s weren’t hard to get and optionally you could farm orc fangs.
Either way the gap between the arcane’s and legendary’s back then was negligible compared to now, so you didn’t need to have Arcane’s to enjoy the game or endgame content.

Re-reading your post you state you don’t play the game at all. It shows
Regardless; people will never stop buying plat.
The big buyers are people with jobs, with no time to farm the gold.
i myself found myself relying less on goldloot and farming since i got a little older aswell.
I’m sure Auras serve their purpose aswell.