Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does chugging a lucky potion help when farming bosses for pinks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    That's not how they work. Basically it's like this. Whenever a drop comes there is a 35% chance the elixer procs. It it does not, then you roll for a drop as usual. If it does proc, you roll twice from the same loot table, and you keep the more rare (based on the color scale) of the two drops.
    Makes sense... So the potion is equivalent to get the best drop out of 2 "rolls"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Not worth it IMO. I've only ever gotten something good once from a luck potion, all my other rares from normal farming. I just don't trust it. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have more money than you know what to do with, use it. It's not expensive, but very rarely works, and when it does, it's usually an upgrade from one crappy item to a marginally less crappy item.

My situation is, I have a pile of cash that I have no real use for. So if I'm killing Fridge looking for a specific piece of loot, I think it's worth it. 2/3 of the time it doesn't even work, when it does do anything at all, it's more often the words "Feelin' lucky..." followed by nothing 2/3 of the time, but 1/3 of the time that it actually does something, 1/3 of those times it will actually upgrade my loot. If you were lucky enough to be landing a purple, it might turn pink for you. Just realize you are spending almost 20,000 gold to get that one reroll, and only if it's the right loot at that one right time, it will improve to something you want to keep.

I dropped probably 100k on them while farming toyman, I probably about evened out with extra pinks to sell versus money spent on luck pots. If you are doing it while chasing some specific piece of loot you can't buy and is a pain to farm, and money is no object, go ahead, it'll probably save you a bit of time and it's fun. But don't delude yourself into thinking it's profitable, because it likely won't be, you'll probably lose money on the deal, maybe lots of it, sucker. But it is an extra bit of fun...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

4x combo elixer = more pink. Enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I'm just saying .... I have used a lot of 3x & 4x elixers in my day aswell as Big Luck and ironically enough never got a pink unless elixer and vanity free....lmao ...really WTF is that about??

But ask me if that keeps me from trying.....bwahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok... well every one seems to say total random. Im no computer wiz or do i know programing but ive always been told there no such thing it is programed somewhere. Also on star legends i have all three classes and all are lvl 26 imo my commando gets a good drop way more than the other two. i cant comment on pl as i only have one toon. I do know several players who describe the same situation of one toon having better luck. On the other hand i have heard of players going from 55-56 without a single pink from sewers. Maybe the whole drop rate is more complex than we think... maybe they help some and not others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

For all my random needs I go here http://www.random.org/
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    For all my random needs I go here http://www.random.org/
    Well now.... That was random wasn't it