Thread: Why Force Shield and Protection are a waste of points

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I understand where you are coming from, but consider this. You've spent 5 skill points on a skill that only outputs energy 25s out of 45s (5s to recoup the cost + 25s of production + 15s cooldown). That's an effective recovery rate of 1.11 energy per tick (25/45 * 2).

Is spending 5 skill points worth, at best, 1.11 energy per second?

In your case, maybe there's an alternative? Spend 1 skill point on FS and dump 3 into revive?

If Revive's hidden buff lasts 1 minute and costs 20 energy, you need to spend 20s to recover the cost. That gives you 40s, or 40 ticks of energy recovery every minute from Revive. That translates to a recovery rate of 0.67 energy per tick. If you pump 2 extra skill points into revive (3 total), you only spend 10s recovering the cost and 50s of energy generation. That translates to 0.83 energy per tick.

5 FS + 1 Revive = 1.78 energy per tick
    1 FS + 3 Revive = 1.27 energy per tick, + 2 free skill points.

EDIT: This translates to a difference of 0.5 energy per second, or a difference of 5 energy every 10s.

I would argue that the energy you gain from 1 FS + 3 Revive would be more easily sustainable since damage cannot disrupt it. You'd need to be spot on for your revive timings to hit that number. Maybe recast every 8th pain or every 10th transference?
    Last edited by IBNobody; 09-05-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Fixed my math - Sorry!