Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback to STS | Game is HEAVILY monetized [Pay to play & Pay to Win]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lightbulb awakening changes

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We did an 'enchantment locking' system in Pocket Legends but we did not like the results from a business perspective so that's also off the table for Arcane Legends.
    that's because you did it wrong
    i didn't play pocket legends but i just watched a few videos on the enchantment system
    of course it doesn't make you money because it's too basic
    it seems waay too easy to get a perfect item

On awakenings. Yes this is a means for Spacetime to earn revenue.
    you definetly should make money from it
    but instead of improving the system you add "lethality"? increasing the pool of trash useless awakes to make it even harder for us to get a decent awakened item?
    in the current state the awakening system feels more hopeless than rewarding
    as it is now it's too hard to get an awake you want

Pity system is not in the cards for this
    that would be too simple and how would it even work?
    but the randomness of it can be improved

how to improve it?
    there's plenty of mmos you can find inspiration from
    just increasing the number of gems required for each locked slot or adding a gold cost wouldn't be good
    it would be too easy

suggestions
    so let's say we want to implement an awakening system that would allow locking slots but wouldn't be too easy to roll a perfect item and would somewhat preserve the amount of gems spent overall:
    1. number of awakening gems used: an awake would cost 2n where n is the number of locked slots => so for 0 slots locked it would cost 1, for 1 it would cost 2, for 2 it would cost 4 and for 3 it would cost 8
      • i said 2 but it could be 3 or whatever
    2. you can also add a gold cost when locking slots in a similar manner
      • 10k for 1 slot locked 100k for 2 slots locked 1m for 3 slots locked
    3. rng modifier => each time you lock a slot the lock has a chance to break:
      • if you lock 1 slot there's a 35% chance when you reroll that the lock will break and the roll you locked will also be rerolled
      • if you lock 2 slots there's a 65% chance when you reroll that both locks will break and both of the rolls you locked will also be rerolled
      • if you lock 3 slots there's a 95% chance when you reroll that all 3 locks will break and all 3 of the rolls you locked will also be rerolled
    4. Awakening master event: the chance to break when awakening with locks is reduced by 5%/10% whatever
    5. New items(could be premium or farmed or whatever):
      • scroll of awakening(basic): reduces the chance to break for locks by 5%(consumed on use)
      • scroll of awakening(advanced): reduces the chance to break for locks by 10%(consumed on use)
      • scroll of awakening(expert): reduces the chance to break for locks by 15%(consumed on use)

this is just what i thought of i'm sure people here could come up with better ideas/ways to improve the system if you(cinco and the sts team) were willing to listen

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post
    what's annoying the most is having to spend hundreds of dollars and not getting the awake you want. It is a win-win for
    everyone since we are still spending money on your game to get the awakes that we want while making it less painful for us in terms of sanity and finances.
    i've been hating the awakening system since it came out and i'm sure there's a way to improve it that would increase our interest and also sts profits

I've been considering lowering my spending output in the game
    same here mate
    i stopped spending on awakes since they feel totally hopeless
    there's a lot of people like us

Lastly, I would be more than willing to donate my money to the team if I see any value.
    exactly
    the way i described above(of course with more brainstorming involved) could make getting 2 awakes of the same type a little easier while maintaining the difficulty for getting 3 of the same type or a perfect item(with 4 rolls of the same type)
    i'd be more than willing to spend my money if i knew the chance of getting some decent awakes is a little higher
    instead of wasting all my plats over and over again and not getting anything at all out of it

also we need an auto-awakening function:
    i'm sick of clicking thousands of times to get a single decent awake
    we pick a set of conditions(for example 100%GL and 2%INT) and it auto-awakens the item until those conditions are met
    this event i've spent like 3k blue gems trying to get a 200%GL weapon and i stopped because i got boored of clicking not because i lacked the funds/gems
    Last edited by iulicutu; 10-04-2023 at 12:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iulicutu For This Useful Post: