Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Nerf gold income in Gauntlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I have noticed that most of the responses I have received so far from this thread are that they are against nerfing the gold drops in the Gauntlet, so let's try a different approach:

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    If it's not possible to nerf the gold drops of the boss or miniboss in the gauntlet, maybe make the mobs or boss a bit tankier to slow down the runs in the gauntlet portal.
    I will only entertain posts that talk about this from now on or give other options. The rest I will ignore because it's fruitless for me to get my point across to people who are adamant about not opening their minds and are just veering off-topic again and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think the main point here is that one is MORE rewarding for the effort put in than the other. Should be enough to understand.

If anything I think hendourah should get the nerf and when an elite is released then should EZG see a nerf. But I know that probably won't be a thing since there would be no one playing the 86 maps unless it's leveling even though the mini bosses on these maps do drop a fair sum of gold and is relatively easy, But that's not the point of this post and I think there's alot of factors to think about before nerfing anything regarding gold.

1. Keeping players active.
    Now this one is very obvious but when there's no diversity there's also no players. What I mean is nerfing gauntlet would force players to other contents of the game, which if it's newer content I think it's somewhat of a good idea and I'd say 50/50 between good and bad, however this is forcing Vs doing what I want/like.

2. Is it really worth it?
    Now objectively there will 100% be some nerfs in the near future (Like the reason of this post) that semi-forces players into newer contents.

But let's say there were several nerfs made that forced players into fresh content but that "fresh content" lacks content completely, what would happen? Yes I'm speaking about 86 maps that I think are so underwhelming if we compare this to zodias when it was first released zodias easily takes the cake. If gauntlet was nerfed yes I think we'd see alot of players flock to 86 maps but again, diversity. At this moment there's only 1 boss portal for 86 maps and running the maps to get this portal open is some of the most annoying contents in game in my opinion. Not to mention there's only normal maps available barely any new 86 gears, no timed lb, 1 boss portal/portal, barely any new elixirs, barely anything rewarding but gold and so on. So barely anything right now and I think it's rushed. So I say for now let's give the Devs time to flesh out the new content and in due time we'll see changes and even nerfs that some may or may not like. Like again this post here.

There's alot more factors that could get mentioned like "is it accommodating the players with underwhelming/not so Overpowered gears?" and so on but I'd rather read a short post that gets to the point instead of a super lengthy one and this post is already super lengthy and might've not gotten to the point earlier.

All in all I think it's fine how it is right now and for the "future of the game" something you made a clear point on as well, I think leaving it as is let the players do what they want would be the best option.

Nerfing left and right isn't always the solution. But I do see where you're coming from such as inflation and so on trying to get players to new contents and what not but for me and I think a few players would say it's fine as it is. "opening my mind" I think I've done well regarding opening my mind to the future of this game.

My point of view here picks up from where you mention the future of the game and not necessarily all in on gold argument.

+1 on increasing the tanky-ness of gaunt bosses though doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PS: This is cringe.
    Last edited by Chaquille; 10-29-2023 at 11:32 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaquille For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForumJunkie View Post
    That's a bold claim that the gauntlet portal cannot disrupt the economy alone.

Based on what you said, you have 20-25 players (who meet your standards in running the Gauntlet portal) that you can contact and play within the portal consistently (this is neglecting the other groups that you have not encountered because they have not met your standards or they just do not run with you). If we take those 25 players and say they farm at least 8-10m an hour in 5 hours, we are looking at a collective income of 1B - 1.25B within 5 hours only. If we calculate that too, let's say 10 hours, then you are looking at 2B - 2.5B gold collective income. This is just based on YOUR experience. If we count OTHER players' experiences (not just your experiences), those numbers can potentially be higher than what was said.

There are more than 1,000+ players in this game who are playing actively. At least also take that into account when you apply those numbers in Gauntlet rather than counting a select few.

Although, I cannot definitively say because I do not have the data to support this claim. Only a developer would know this, so I asked that the developers to share their information and opinions about this matter.

If they are not opened on the same day, of course, you will run the ONLY open portal. BUT if ALL five portals (rahab, hedo, ekenta, and mech and gauntlet), are opened, then you would choose to play the Gauntlet portal, correct? Why is that? I do not want you to say, 'Because the rest of the portals (except Gauntlet) are a braindead map,' and that Gauntlet requires you more. No, that's not the reason. The reason (multiple people already said this above) why Gauntlet is preferred is that it earns more / can earn more than the other portals. Many players have said this in private chats, guild chats, and forums, and they even made videos on YouTube saying that this map is suitable for farming gold. (For example, this is one of many videos out there stating this fact: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=ymMs4...annel=CurvieAL)

Alright, understood. So, if I suggest that the Gauntlet bosses be buffed in terms of HP and difficulty, you would not be against it, right? Because the bosses there are squishier than the Hedo boss despite that the Gauntlet portal is considered an 'elite' status and Hedo being [normal].

No, it is not really the only thing I can do. I can suggest or provide feedback as well before that content is released. That's what I can do. And that's what this thread section is for.

Yes, Gauntlet does require more teamwork and gears for you to run it efficiently to earn gold, but that obstacle is not impossible or difficult to achieve than what you make it sound like. Once you do bypass those barriers, then running the Gauntlet map is easy. Correct? Albeit, not all players have the skills, consistency, or patience to run the Gauntlet LB to reach 41m points like you do, but players can still easily and comfortably make a lot of gold in the Gauntlet portal if they meet all the requirements.

You've even tried to resolve the party issue by making a post recruiting OP players to farm Gauntlet with you efficiently, here:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ns-(0-17-0-21)

In a private conversation with Spectral in-game, he himself said that he could potentially earn 13m an hour or more in the Gauntlet portal. Well, what can I say, it's up to you and others to believe my information or decide not to.

Yes, 1335 gold loot. Yes, this is with a full gl pet. Hotbars exist. It's not impossible, it's just you've probably never tried it yet. You can compensate for lost damage by using damage elixirs and boost your survivability by using elixirs and buffs that do. And I don't mind using elixirs since I can easily earn a lot of gold to get them.

I am not just pulling out numbers from my butt. You just refuse to believe it's possible and that someone has tried it other than yourself.

Yes, you are correct, I do not run Gauntlet constantly. Mostly because I run with my friends on the other portals, which I found more fun and suitable for my gameplay and time, BUT that doesn't mean I've never attempted Gauntlet.

I have been invited by players capable of running Gauntlet with no problem. And from my experience, I was able to earn approximately 11.5-12.5m in an hour, but I could have probably gotten more [12.5-13m] if I sold the loots that I've gotten from those runs and converted the tokens I'd earned in the vendor shop.

I am not sure what you are talking about, and it sounds like it will be off-topic again.

My reason for making this thread was clearly stated in the original post on page 1 to the top of the page. No hidden agenda on my part. I've been transparent about what I've wanted from the very start.

It doesn't matter who I am. What matters is we focus on the issue which is that Gauntlet earns more gold than the other portals available in the game. And that this is taxing the economy of the game in the long-term.

---

Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you please format your responses more cleanly? It kind of hurts reading your responses because it's just all over the place and without any proper formating. Thank you.
    20-25 players running - I can tell you that like half of these players aren't making more than 30m per gaunt portal and like 5 or even less are getting 50m+ from every portal. I usually have to switch rogs/wars with every next run, cause the rogs/wars from last pt are going off for longer time. And since the number of rogs/wars being able to make good gaunt runs is higher than sorcerers, the rogs/wars actually have to wait more for pt if I'm already running with someone other (especially when current gauntlet sorcerers are running hwn lb) or just go farm raha/hedo. People outside that group are making less than that, especially the ones who run 30s waves and are dying at wave 30-60. You should also keep that in mind that if gaunt never existed, we would run raha/hedo and still farm some amount of gold (i was farming raha before even knowing that gauntlet is better source of farm).

Yes, I would choose a gaunt, cause it's better than Hedo. Is that wrong? Looking at the fact that gauntlet requires more from you than hedo, it's not. Game should reward people who actually try their best instead of punishing them and bringing them down to the level of the people who just got some mid-decent gears and aren't using any braincells or they don't want to try to get better.

Gauntlet mechanics doesn't allow to run higher waves constantly with longer time than 21s, if you actually were running that map, you would know that. You can't really buff mobs/boss hp (unless new mythics will come and they'll be more powerful than kraken gear).

impossible/difficult - yeah, it's not impossible to achieve, but actually I was building my gauntlet community for months. I was inviting and teaching rogs/wars, also giving tips to some mages who were asking me how to run that map. Running gaunt after filling all requiremenrs is fairly easy, but still that map requires constant focus and is very tiring. Back then, I was able to farm raha for hours without any break, now if someone dies, we all usually take a break. Minimum score which is considered as a good base for good farm run is 7m (wave 155) - it's still 1h-1h20min of constant running with full focus (and there's still a chance that someone will die below that score and we go on break). Yeah, I've made that forum post, cause that's how hard is/was to get good people for gsunt, so I was that desperate to look for people in forum. Guess how many new people I've got after this. Of course none.

You probably know that I know Spec too. He himself said that's impossible for him to reach 13m due to how many times he rips gl on dragon with new strategy. Also, he's able to pull these runs with only one or 2 people (who aren't very active gaunt runners nowadays afaik) due to new strategy. With any other people his runs are closer to mine.

You can't fully compensate with lixs only, even if you use a 30% dmg lix. You actually have to use almost all of the hotbars on gauntlet. You also have to mess with some gear to maximize your dmg. You can't do as good as mage who focus on dmg, especially at higher waves where dragon gets tankier and you still have to keep same time of wave clear like the one at wave 50 for example). Also, wars and rogs would rather run with dmg mage than gl one, so they usually wouldn't ask you to run if any other dmg mage would be online.

Pulling out numbers, running other portals, inviting by players, last part of my post - well, I actually know that you (if you're the sorc I'm thinking about) were trying to run gauntlet but you were struggling with finding team to run with (you were even saying to others that there's always no tank to run with) and that's actually the reason why you're running other portals. You're struggling with getting a team and it's pissing you off that other people put some effort to build a gaunt community. That's why you made this post, pulled some gl strategy which isn't used by anyone and asking devs to nerf gaunt to the point where it'll be on similar level as maps which basically don't require anything from you except kraken set.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

You guys are writing essays when im positive sta already knows what they are going to do to it... Gj for turning this into a peeing race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Despite not agreeing about gaunt with ForumJunkie, there's 1 thing I actually have to agree with - I just tried now farm e rahab with good pt which had good dmg and was joining fast to my remap. Amount of gold which I've got here was similar with the amount of gold I've got on hedo, so these maps are basically equal if you have good pt. And hedo is the map which requires bit better gear to get good runs.
    If it won't be fixed with introducing new mythic gear and allowing us to kill hedo faster then devs could maybe take a look into e rahab-hedourah gold drop balance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AgentStonoga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    20-25 players running - I can tell you that like half of these players aren't making more than 30m per gaunt portal and like 5 or even less are getting 50m+ from every portal. I usually have to switch rogs/wars with every next run, cause the rogs/wars from last pt are going off for longer time. And since the number of rogs/wars being able to make good gaunt runs is higher than sorcerers, the rogs/wars actually have to wait more for pt if I'm already running with someone other (especially when current gauntlet sorcerers are running hwn lb) or just go farm raha/hedo. People outside that group are making less than that, especially the ones who run 30s waves and are dying at wave 30-60. You should also keep that in mind that if gaunt never existed, we would run raha/hedo and still farm some amount of gold (i was farming raha before even knowing that gauntlet is better source of farm).
    Noted.

Yes, I would choose a gaunt, cause it's better than Hedo.
    Nothing is wrong with that. It's just I wanted you to say to everyone here that Gauntlet is better than Hedo in terms of gold farming. That is all.

Gauntlet mechanics doesn't allow to run higher waves constantly with longer time than 21s, if you actually were running that map, you would know that. You can't really buff mobs/boss hp (unless new mythics will come and they'll be more powerful than kraken gear).
    Yes, I know that. Early waves 15-19 secs, mid waves 17-21, high waves 19-23. This is from the party I run with.

Running gaunt after filling all requiremenrs is fairly easy, but still that map requires constant focus and is very tiring.
    This is a valid point that Gauntlet does require you to focus more, but saying it's tiring is over-exaggeration IMO if you're just farming gold for 30-1hr and then resetting unless you are trying to achieve 140+ waves or trying out LB, then that's tiring.

Because it's tiring for every portal map out there if you've been farming for hours. With that being said, I would just like to point out the part where you said that running the gauntlet after filling all requirements is fairly easy.

ou probably know that I know Spec too. He himself said that's impossible for him to reach 13m due to how many times he rips gl on dragon with new strategy. Also, he's able to pull these runs with only one or 2 people (who aren't very active gaunt runners nowadays afaik) due to new strategy. With any other people his runs are closer to mine.
    I wish I could go back in time and send a screenshot of what Spectral told me. If that is indeed true, then he was lying to me, but the reason why I do not think he was lying to me when I asked him how much he farms in Gauntlet per hour is because his result was almost the same as mine when I tested myself.

You can't fully compensate with lixs only, even if you use a 30% dmg lix. You actually have to use almost all of the hotbars on gauntlet. You also have to mess with some gear to maximize your dmg. You can't do as good as mage who focus on dmg, especially at higher waves where dragon gets tankier and you still have to keep same time of wave clear like the one at wave 50 for example). Also, wars and rogs would rather run with dmg mage than gl one, so they usually wouldn't ask you to run if any other dmg mage would be online.
    I was doing Gauntlet just now with a war who uses GL pet passive, frostbitten hb (I think), and grouch aa and he was able to clean the boss room with ease and reach high waves. He was only using 1x damage elixirs.

Even if I use full gl pet I still have 3k INT and can still solo clear the room with ease as long as time my skills and procs right. I don't know why you are having difficulty believing this. Albeit, I use 2x damage elixirs, but still without I am doing fine.

Pulling out numbers, running other portals, inviting by players, last part of my post - well, I actually know that you (if you're the sorc I'm thinking about) were trying to run gauntlet but you were struggling with finding team to run with (you were even saying to others that there's always no tank to run with) and that's actually the reason why you're running other portals. You're struggling with getting a team and it's pissing you off that other people put some effort to build a gaunt community. That's why you made this post, pulled some gl strategy which isn't used by anyone and asking devs to nerf gaunt to the point where it'll be on similar level as maps which basically don't require anything from you except kraken set.
    I think you are talking about a different player. And again, you missed the point of my original post. This thread is not me struggling to find a party in the gauntlet, I have enough friends on my friend list to invite someone to run that portal if I wanted to (as a matter of fact I have a set team I can always invite to run the gauntlet portal but I prefer Rahab, Hedo, or Ekenta), but that's not the topic I wanted to highlight.

Again, this thread is about Gauntlet having more earning potential than Hedo per hour. And you already confirmed it, so I will leave it at that. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Despite not agreeing about gaunt with ForumJunkie, there's 1 thing I actually have to agree with - I just tried now farm e rahab with good pt which had good dmg and was joining fast to my remap. Amount of gold which I've got here was similar with the amount of gold I've got on hedo, so these maps are basically equal if you have good pt. And hedo is the map which requires bit better gear to get good runs.
    If it won't be fixed with introducing new mythic gear and allowing us to kill hedo faster then devs could maybe take a look into e rahab-hedourah gold drop balance.
    That's completely fine. You do not have to agree with everything I say. That's the whole point of this. It's to get everyone's thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Thank you for acknowledging that I was right with the Rahab and Hedo part.

I am okay with that being fixed if it becomes to unbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaquille View Post
    I think the main point here is that one is MORE rewarding for the effort put in than the other. Should be enough to understand.

If anything I think hendourah should get the nerf and when an elite is released then should EZG see a nerf. But I know that probably won't be a thing since there would be no one playing the 86 maps unless it's leveling even though the mini bosses on these maps do drop a fair sum of gold and is relatively easy, But that's not the point of this post and I think there's alot of factors to think about before nerfing anything regarding gold.

1. Keeping players active.
    Now this one is very obvious but when there's no diversity there's also no players. What I mean is nerfing gauntlet would force players to other contents of the game, which if it's newer content I think it's somewhat of a good idea and I'd say 50/50 between good and bad, however this is forcing Vs doing what I want/like.

2. Is it really worth it?
    Now objectively there will 100% be some nerfs in the near future (Like the reason of this post) that semi-forces players into newer contents.

But let's say there were several nerfs made that forced players into fresh content but that "fresh content" lacks content completely, what would happen? Yes I'm speaking about 86 maps that I think are so underwhelming if we compare this to zodias when it was first released zodias easily takes the cake. If gauntlet was nerfed yes I think we'd see alot of players flock to 86 maps but again, diversity. At this moment there's only 1 boss portal for 86 maps and running the maps to get this portal open is some of the most annoying contents in game in my opinion. Not to mention there's only normal maps available barely any new 86 gears, no timed lb, 1 boss portal/portal, barely any new elixirs, barely anything rewarding but gold and so on. So barely anything right now and I think it's rushed. So I say for now let's give the Devs time to flesh out the new content and in due time we'll see changes and even nerfs that some may or may not like. Like again this post here.

There's alot more factors that could get mentioned like "is it accommodating the players with underwhelming/not so Overpowered gears?" and so on but I'd rather read a short post that gets to the point instead of a super lengthy one and this post is already super lengthy and might've not gotten to the point earlier.

All in all I think it's fine how it is right now and for the "future of the game" something you made a clear point on as well, I think leaving it as is let the players do what they want would be the best option.

Nerfing left and right isn't always the solution. But I do see where you're coming from such as inflation and so on trying to get players to new contents and what not but for me and I think a few players would say it's fine as it is. "opening my mind" I think I've done well regarding opening my mind to the future of this game.

My point of view here picks up from where you mention the future of the game and not necessarily all in on gold argument.

+1 on increasing the tanky-ness of gaunt bosses though doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PS: This is cringe.
    Thank you for the detailed response. You make excellent points here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    You guys are writing essays when im positive sta already knows what they are going to do to it... Gj for turning this into a peeing race.
    Very insightful comment. Thank you for responding.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,527 Posts

Appreciate the heated discussion. We have plans to move the primary source of inflow to Ender Woods.

-ALS

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post: