Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone xcant log?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    I hate to say it, but I get the feeling they will ban many people (specifically those who intentionally used the bug on their main to "test"). People found out about the bug, were told what it does, and then people go and try it out? If that isn't bug abuse, then I don't know what is. Yes I can see a few people testing it out, but after that, we know how it works, and the devs know too. You can call it "testing purposes", but in reality, it was just curiosity, as only one person need try it out for "testing purposes".
    I agree whole-heartedly. Hypothetically, you were told about the bug and were skeptical so maybe you'd be inclined to test it once, but twice... why? Greed, peer pressure, hopes the devs don't remove the toons that took advantage; there are only so many reasons and only one of them can be considered good. A few players can say they stumbled upon it and others can say they were just testing in hopes of helping the game out. Some of you will be lucky enough to hide behind your shield, but we all know what motivated you. Devs can check chat logs and thread posts; timelines can be compared and it should become clear who accomplished it accidentally and those who knowingly sought it. Using the scapegoat of testing should only buy one freebee, no more.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-10-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wait and watch
    Last edited by zuesmirza; 09-10-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what bug and money

What the bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I don't think the ban hammer will be swung that easily by the devs.

That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand. Even with how much I was tempted to test it out myself, I refrained from doing so because it was already confirmed by other people that I trust. And yeah, it's just plain old cheating IMO. Never been a big fan of that, not in real life or not in a game.

The people that relayed the info to the devs and community shouldn't be punished, and for that matter, I don't believe anyone should get punished for this. It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented. The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.

Anyway, if they would decide a rollback, I can only hope it doesn't affect the people who leveled up legitimately.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post
    Its never going to happen...
    I guess we will find out tomorrow then.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand. Even with how much I was tempted to test it out myself, I refrained from doing so because it was already confirmed by other people that I trust. And yeah, it's just plain old cheating IMO. Never been a big fan of that, not in real life or not in a game.

The people that relayed the info to the devs and community shouldn't be punished, and for that matter, I don't believe anyone should get punished for this. It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented. The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.
    I see your point and that is exactly why I didn't test it. It was confirmed as far as I was concerned once a few trusted members told me about it; period. Now as far as testing, leveling a 55 up to 61 and repeating the process with a 53 isn't testing imo. Testing is used to find out the potential ramifications of the bug. So creating a new toon and leveling it from 1 to 61 would net the most useful data, which is what testing is all about. Following the same process twice and achieving the same result just seems expected.

Now as far as the ban hammer, it most definelty has to swing on some. Those that found out about the bug early and used it for an in-game gain (gold, account into, etc.) should most definetly be punished. No matter who is to blame for how this bug snuck into the game, those that only tried to better only themselves from its use shouldn't be allowed in the community.

Find suntv, lilaskye, or tegasthemain I'll be there
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    I guess we will find out tomorrow then.
    wait wait wait tomorrow? Does it take that long to fix or is this just a guess?
    generalriggs lvl 56 dex/str bird, thetoybear lvl 50 str/dex hate bear, lvl 26 storage unit generaljr, lvl 21 farmer aeoxgeneral, member of immortals and AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Generalriggs View Post
    My guess is, that his guess is as good as yours... If that makes sense

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Definitely hope noooooo

My guess is, that his guess is as good as yours... If that makes sense
    My guess ur guess his gay our guess your guess their guessssssssssss (hope it comes back faster)
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I see your point and that is exactly why I didn't test it. It was confirmed as far as I was concerned once a few trusted members told me about it; period. Now as far as testing, leveling a 55 up to 61 and repeating the process with a 53 isn't testing imo. Testing is used to find out the potential ramifications of the bug. So creating a new toon and leveling it from 1 to 61 would net the most useful data, which is what testing is all about. Following the same process twice and achieving the same result just seems expected.

Now as far as the ban hammer, it most definelty has to swing on some. Those that found out about the bug early and used it for an in-game gain (gold, account into, etc.) should most definetly be punished. No matter who is to blame for how this bug snuck into the game, those that only tried to better only themselves from its use shouldn't be allowed in the community.
    Look at it this way. I spent roughly 15 minutes trying to figure out what was up with this 'glitch' that I heard of. 10 minutes went to trying it out on my bird, 5 went to my mage, and logged off to get on bear.

If you truly believe that I took advantage of the game in 15-30 minutes, after spending at least 30 hours of grinding to get to 61, by all means, ban me.

As far as I can tell, as soon as the thread came up about this, I confirmed and admitted I did it. As soon as Flip asked for a message, I messaged him explaining the glitch. Cheating is doing something wrong to get ahead of people with the intent of not getting caught, Parth and I came out with it as soon as we found out. Yeah, some cheaters we are. I'd definitely use this to get to 61, it's not like I had one already before this.

I'm done here. Waiting for the decision of STS.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    If me and deaf lose our millions earned in past 2 days i'm gonna quit.
    Why would you lose your gold for the servers being down? Patience. They always get things fixed.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't think the ban hammer will be swung that easily by the devs.

That being said, the people that solely did it for testing purposes, can probably be counted on 1 hand.
    I agree that a few legitimate people did it for only testing and that is it. However, it still doesn't change the fact that they technically abused a bug. I understand the logic behind it (to prove it works), but regardless, it is still bug abuse.

The people that relayed the info to the devs......shouldn't be punished,
    I agree with this. People reporting bugs should NOT be punished in any way (aside from having the char reset back to pre-bug time).

and community
    I disagree with this. There was no need for people to post specific instructions on how to recreate the bug on the public forums. A simple post saying, "A massive bug was found that allowed people to ________. Devs have been notified. If you stumble upon this bug, do not post details in the forums."

It was a mistake made by the devs, and probably just snook in because we were all so impatient to get our guild functions implemented.
    Sure it was a bug created by the devs, but either way, in the STS ToS it states not to abuse any bug or exploit. From past experience in other games, when a large bug is discovered (even if it is caused directly by the devs), bans get distributed for those who abused it.

The only fair solution would be a roll back IMO, but I'm not sure how quick they will be able to identify the people who abused it and how difficult it would be to implement that roll back.
    And those that abused the bug (to gain an upperhand) should be punished. If people who intentionally used the bug for personal purposes are left unbanned, who is to say they wont utilize a bug that lets them steal your plat, or get all your items in a trade?

Anyway, if they would decide a rollback, I can only hope it doesn't affect the people who leveled up legitimately.
    I sure hope so, work your magic devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    his gay
    hmm

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post

+ 15 to 16

I have spoken to someone who legitimately tested this, and I am not talking about banning them. Only those who KNEW this bug exists and exactly how it was reproduced, knew the devs were notified, and yet still insisted on leveling up their toon to "test" it out.

Sorry, I meant today, it's early lol.
    Last edited by noneo; 09-10-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Whoa whoa, a roll back? Hopefully the devs will understand why somepeople tested this out for the purpose of testing alone.
    I didnt get a chance to see if it worked, but dont wanna loose some good pl friends :\
    This is a classic case of curiousity killed the cat.
    And to those saying they'll quit if they lose all their money, if u didnt use this cheat, I feel ya,
    Gonna be hard to raise back the money now with the drop rates as they are.
    If you did use the cheat, dream on brotha, dont be asking back for your money and plat. you chose to use the exploit to benifit yourselves, now its time to face the consequences

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Find suntv, lilaskye, or tegasthemain I'll be there
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just hopping none of my friends were stupid enough to take advantage of this
    generalriggs lvl 56 dex/str bird, thetoybear lvl 50 str/dex hate bear, lvl 26 storage unit generaljr, lvl 21 farmer aeoxgeneral, member of immortals and AEO

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for those who try, you will be able to see then xp gain right? so why pushing and abusing it to lvl 61,

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I would think this is hilarious except for the fact that I can't play.

Plus if they roll back the entire game for everyone, what happens to the pinks I farmed and sold in cs today? and my xp?! It's not like they're gonna spend weeks trying to roll back each player that was affected by the bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megabird56 View Post
    I would think this is hilarious except for the fact that I can't play.

Plus if they roll back the entire game for everyone, what happens to the pinks I farmed and sold in cs today? and my xp?! It's not like they're gonna spend weeks trying to roll back each player that was affected by the bug.
    A rollback means they "roll back" the game to a previous state. i.e. like it was before. So yes, you will most likely lose the stuff/gold you farmed in the time period after they choose to roll back to.

This is all IF they even decide to do a rollback. Which I think will cause more bad than good for the community :/ I could see another GCD-type uproar if the game gets rolled back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmangalos View Post
    yeah, ban those who exploit the bug, im grinding nuri the whole day for xp, ive been boot couple of times, unable to enter room, but still i struggle just to lvl up

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    +1 for rollbacks/exploits. If people know they have been cheating, they need to be punished for it. Anyway the only ones who need to be nervous are the dishonest ones. Legitimate hardworking grinders like you and me prob have nothing to worry about.