Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post here if you xp jumped

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    I'm still nervous about the fate of my account! =/ I'll try my best to be patient...

Thanks Sam good luck!
    I have stumbled upon the bug myself and I feel extremely uneasy about my account fate as well

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I passed on it, but not because I'm not curious by nature but because the first sole that told me about it I trusted. Immediately after that I went on forums and was a post about it from another trusted source, the more and more information I found out about it lead me to believe that extensive testing was being done by numerous players. Every class, every level, every dungeon, I just felt that I didn't have anything to offer.

Now I do understand that the situation could have gone down completely differently if I read someone selling the information in Balefore, so in that regard I'm lucky. But it all comes down to the fix. All the additional wait could have been avoided if one of the first individuals who noticed the bug reported it as they should have done. Then there would be no talk of ban, no PL downage and all would be well in the world of Alterra. Guess that's just a lesson for the next time something like this slips into the code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

u should NOT have started this thread. Now if i learn how to do the bug i'm gonna do it. Therefore PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! No one post how to do this. Ty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h:411000
    Bug was a mistake made by the devs and they didn't notice it

Some players were very lucky to find one and told their "best friends" instead of reporting it

then these best friends were curious so decided to try it out by themselves

Trying is not an excuse because technically those players still used the bug

IMO, those players who used the bug for any purpose should be punished

permanent banned for those who intended to use it

temporarily banned for whose who tried the bug
    You wouldn't be saying that if a big chunk of the people who tried it were good ingame friends of yours. Who are you to say all these good hearted people deserve a perma ban? Or even a temporary ban. This isnt a thread for the politics of the glitch, so stay on topic please. If you didn't use the bug you have no reason to be posting comments like this. Acyer didn't use it but at least he knows we're good people. You're basically coming onto my thread telling me I, and alot of my friends should be permabanned, which, imo, is rude considering I've never talk to you before. Please unhijack my thread, no further comments are needed regarding our fate. This is a come clean thread not a court room.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default This is not that simple issue!

This is not a simple issue at all. Inequality between persons disclosing it and persons not cannot be solved in this simple way.

Developers and customer service was totally unavailable early this morning. And definitely, developers should admit that it was product defect, and they were negligent. When they found it earlier, they could stop the server as early as possible, which was the only remedy devs could do. If developers simple ban based on their faulty, this will cause serious legal problems.

In reality, it is almost impossible to trace down all of it.
    There were people who happened to buy it and gained xp. There is no bright line disguishing people intentionally did from the people unintentionally did.
    There were people who gained xp even after it expired. There is no clear line which part of experience was caused by it.

And here are a few more questions devs should consider.
    How will devs compensate for the items they received during the time?
    How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.
    Last edited by Wonderjuice; 09-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Guys, if it makes you feel better, well go ahead and post. No real need, though. We log what goes on in game and will most likely be making our calls based on what people actually did.
    oooooooooooooooooooorrrr YOU COULD JOIN IN THE FUN OVER HERE!!! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...881#post410881
    friday friday gonna get down on FRIDAY!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used the bug last night, because I didn't believe it would work. And when it did work (in my half asleep/drunken stupor) I thought "oh nothing could go wrong right?" I was super wrong and now I feel like an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooommmggg:411046
    u should NOT have started this thread. Now if i learn how to do the bug i'm gonna do it. Therefore PLZ PLZ PLZ!!! No one post how to do this. Ty!
    Uhh you wont be able to do it anyway, they're obviously gonna fix it before PL is back online. Like I said don't bother posting if you didnt do the glitch please.
    Infinite Union forums

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderjuice View Post
    And here are a few more questions devs should consider.
    How will devs compensate for the items they received during the time?
    How will devs compensate for the time players spent with it instead of normally playing with others.
    Are you sure you're asking the right questions, I mean do they really have to reimburse for anything? No matter who the blame falls on, some of it can be placed on the consumer as well allowing STS to absolve themselves at least a bit. In the end, all that is expected is something fair that caters to everyone. Some may lose more than others, but as long as the majority is okay with the decision STS will come out unscathed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

There is no innocent in this either you did it or you didnt. Please dont post saying im not in the wrong after you knew it was a bug/exploit. If the devs didnt post or hint about it i dont trust it ive spent alot of money on this game and dont feel like losing my investment.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Can u reset my character to 60 not 61 it would help alot i dont wanna be 61 i just wanted to let you know i got curious and i found out here on forums by Apollo he reported bug but i just got curious. Thanks

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

LETS LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND DO SOMETHING FUN WHILE WE WAIT!!!!
    hop on over to my thread and JOIN THE FUN GUYS!!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...881#post410881

TRY IT! you just might like it

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

You all wont get banned its a bug and everyone is curious you all are just being humans maybe the devs put it there intentianally to see who would come across it and actually use it you never know

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

This just ruined my day..i wanna dropp my phone an stop readin forums but i cant..an its in the bakk of my head sayin"wth mark r u a idiot" lol ..no but fo real..i hope my bear can hav another go round in sewers or nuris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

People who use an exploit should be permanent banned, no leniency.

Think about it on a larger scale. Your best friend informs you that he knows how to get $1 mil from a bank, risk free. Are you in? Are you going to test it and when you get caught try to apologize? The question is... Does space-time have the tech to know who cheated and who didn't? Perhaps you sold yourself out posting here.

Ban your cheating asses, all of you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer:411081
    There is no innocent in this either you did it or you didnt. Please dont post saying im not in the wrong after you knew it was a bug/exploit. If the devs didnt post or hint about it i dont trust it ive spent alot of money on this game and dont feel like losing my investment.
    Spot on. I know what I did was wrong but as I said I thought it was a simple fix. I have invested months of my time and 100's of dollars into this game, and feel like i jeopardized that by succumbing to the temptation. I was asked by a few reputable people how to do it, and never said how (came close once tho :S), and I think that should mean something. The Devs are excellent humans tho and they will sort this out and I feel that they'll judge our fates knowing that we aren't bad people, we would just take the $100 bill laying on the street instead of walking by.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子 View Post
    LETS LEAVE THIS ISSUE AND DO SOMETHING FUN WHILE WE WAIT!!!!
    hop on over to my thread and JOIN THE FUN GUYS!!!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...881#post410881

TRY IT! you just might like it
    Thank you for the proposal, but i feel too uneasy to do anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Thank you for the proposal, but i feel too uneasy to do anything else.
    COME TRY!!! 150+ posts in 10 minutes ITS THE NEXT BIG THING!

theres also a 1m prize at the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snub:411109
    People who use an exploit should be permanent banned, no leniency.

Think about it on a larger scale. Your best friend informs you that he knows how to get $1 mil from a bank, risk free. Are you in? Are you going to test it and when you get caught try to apologize? The question is... Does space-time have the tech to know who cheated and who didn't? Perhaps you sold yourself out posting here.

Ban your cheating asses, all of you!
    This isn't RL, so no, I wouldnt rob a bank... And I came clean before I got caught.

And if I "sold myself out" so be it, I would rather be straight forward about it then hope I don't get caught. Alot of players feel remorse the next morning about it, and they dont need to be banned.

Oh, and quit hijacking my thread to tell me what YOU think our fate should be, you have no business here if you didnt use the bug. I don't need some random telling me I should be banned, you don't know me, and you don't have any right to call me a cheating ___.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子 View Post
    COME TRY!!! 150+ posts in 10 minutes ITS THE NEXT BIG THING!

theres also a 1m prize at the end
    If i get banned what will I do if I win anyway? LOL