Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guardians?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I second the vote for Whoisthis and Koi (I don't know Jay very well)
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Don't we have enough guardians? Excuse me if I sound mean but I'm (mostly) happy with the ones we have.
    Oh and jaytb would get my vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Going to add to the support discussion. I think that most of the people who really deserve Guardianship are too self-conscious/modest(word choice?) to post.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Lol lag is like the most popular word now right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

no offense to guardians, but its just a title and a shield. Dont see why people are obsessed with becoming one.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    no offense to guardians, but its just a title and a shield. Dont see why people are obsessed with becoming one.
    They should rename the shield to "Anti-Boot Shield"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Jaytb hardly see him my vote to Zaltiar

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

I see people on the portal doing things and answering ever question to try and become one. Its pathetic really. I try and help out as much as i can, but i try to be sincere and actually help people. Anyways theres many people who deserve it way more than me- but ill pm my suggestions to the devs.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see alot of great people as guardians. Tell you the truth guys I am also trying to become one, but the difference with me really Is that I don't really care for the shield or title, there's alot of nice people on this game and quite frankly I love o help others. I mean you guys are all totally right most people just do it for the title and shield, but don't you guys think people should look at the bigger picture; which is being part of this wonderful community and helping others just because you want to? That's one of my favorite things to do on the forums and game is helping new players, I even started a assistance guild. But it's just a title, and it should never be abused. Quite frankly I thin most of you that wrote on this thread deserve a guardian status one way or another

Cheers guys,

And I look forward to seeing you ingame.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This whole trying to become a GoA is kinda sad. I would rather see people for who they really are not who the want to be. If your truly helpful then just be helpful dont do it because you can get a shield or a name. And if your not just play the game and have fun an make friends. This thread Makes me wonder how many people on this fourms are really helpful for the sake of it rather than tryin to be a GoA. Just be who you are(: I wanna know the real you, people not who you wanna be. Its so easy to be someone else over the computer. Im not saying Im GoA material cause really Im not. Maybe cause Im watching Forrest Gump but good things come to really good people xD
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Driazsomethingiforgot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Driazsomethingiforgot View Post
    This whole trying to become a GoA is kinda sad. I would rather see people for who they really are not who the want to be. If your truly helpful then just be helpful dont do it because you can get a shield or a name. And if your not just play the game and have fun an make friends. This thread Makes me wonder how many people on this fourms are really helpful for the sake of it rather than tryin to be a GoA. Just be who you are(: I wanna know the real you, people not who you wanna be. Its so easy to be someone else over the computer. Im not saying Im GoA material cause really Im not. Maybe cause Im watching Forrest Gump but good things come to really good people xD
    "life is like a box of chocolates..."
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nicely said, +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The new portal-guardian thing kind of disappoints me. I mean, of course I would like the recognition and very nice-looking shield that comes with GoA status; I'm human too! But with the promise of a GoA from people doing a specific action (rather than helping the community in general,) many will just focus on being the best or "winning" there, and not bother with the rest, because of course, they only need to answer a bunch of questions.

I haven't done anything to do with the new portal, because I figure, those kinds of people will just answer everything anyways. Which is good, but kind of... I don't know, it's like looking for a shortcut to becoming a GoA. And that doesn't seem worth it to me.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very true, again +1. It's better to earn things the right way, instead of going through a easy shortcut.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Forrest Gump quotes FTW!!!!
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    . That is creepy. I forgot about the support portal appointing Guardians though. Quite frankly, I disapprove of it. Lol. Dev's should only pick people on their genuine will to help, not based on how many questions they can answer.
    I mjst agree with this this means that guardians aee chosen by another popularity rank. Honestley there are so many in game thats assist players all the time in many ways. Well good luck to all
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    The new portal-guardian thing kind of disappoints me. I mean, of course I would like the recognition and very nice-looking shield that comes with GoA status; I'm human too! But with the promise of a GoA from people doing a specific action (rather than helping the community in general,) many will just focus on being the best or "winning" there, and not bother with the rest, because of course, they only need to answer a bunch of questions.

I haven't done anything to do with the new portal, because I figure, those kinds of people will just answer everything anyways. Which is good, but kind of... I don't know, it's like looking for a shortcut to becoming a GoA. And that doesn't seem worth it to me.

Well said- "its not getting to the destination that matters, its how you get there" and taking a short-cut doesn't cut it for me. I knew alk the origional guardians long brfore they were guardians, and let me tell you- they weren't perfect (well maybe you were Royce) as some people try to be today to get the shield. But they passionately pkayed and helped the community and a few of them really helped put me on solid ground. Now that being said, two of the most helpful people to me, that took me in, taught me the ropes and befriended me (when i was a total noob) aren't guardians. Actually, they're both banned. So really in my book- theres so many leaders out there who arn't guardians- but i have not disagreed with any of the few picked by sts.
    RIP Twinktastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher:413509

Im glad there are so many people who also think this. Im hoping that the devs go back to the old way of picking GoA's, it was so much fairer and showed that u actually got chosen for helping the community not by how many questions u answered on a portal.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they should go back to the old way too spy, and spy thanks for the chat ingame it was fun. Well back on topic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

According to the devs the new guardian(s) should be chosen on Tuesday. My take on the whole thing is they should pick people that help on forums not the support portal.