Thread: Can your Tegra 2 handle SL?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    ....remember to use something like Titanium Backup or Nandroid....Be sure to check if your ROM is stock based (usually the worse performance although some modders can do things to speed it up), or AOSP (or an AOSP derivative like Cyanogen) based.....
    All good advice. I've got several backups of the roms at all stages, so my main concern is not losing data, but bricking the phone. I flashed from Alien v.4 to CM7 pre-beta 3 a few hours ago. Wow. It's a Cyan based rom, and there's no trace of Motoblur. I didn't even log into my Motoblur account, and there are no Blur services. It's also incredibly fast (1.1Gz dual core); my phone has benchmarks as high as the Samsung Galaxy S2 now. It's awesome. Of course, Star Legends still has choppy framerates. Smack!

What to do... There are two roms left I haven't tried (Atrix just had its bootloader unlocked about a month and a half ago). I'll give RedPill a try. The other one, Ninja, hasn't been updated in awhile and is Blur based. They say it's stable and fast, but I'm not sure I'll bother with it at this point.

The good news is that I really liked the CM7 even though it is still in pre-beta and didn't fix my SL problems. Unless I fall in love with RedPill, I may stick with CM7 when all is said and done. Will report back.

EDIT: RedPill successfully installed... and Star Legends has choppy framerates. So this problem is something no current software changes can fix. It's either a hardware problem (our phones) or a Spacetime issue.
    Last edited by kamikazees; 09-13-2011 at 05:12 PM.