Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
Is this based on player stats or damage dealt to 1 single mob? If stats what stops us from buying a starbeast chak weapon with 3k more damage and is affected by haste? If damage dealt- was procs involved when testing, and what made the result that the bow is 7.5% better? Warriors' sword can clear mobs extremely fast, mages' gun is affected by haste.
My data comes from dealing damage to monsters of varying types including the procs. In my test environment I have a variety of popular gear combos and the 'best' OP gear combos available to see what's viable and what's maximal. The amount of damage dealt to minions, minibosses and boss monsters with the current setup is about 7.5% higher with respect to the DPS, sustained max damage, and minimum damage.

That said, there are definitely big differences in the playstyles wherein the sword can pull and the gun doesn't have a windup (unlike the bow). Furthermore, this thread has been very helpful.

Therefore, even though I'm seeing the bow as a clear leader with respect to damage in my testing, I'm gonna buff its damage, proc damage and proc chance.