Quote Originally Posted by kikemm17 View Post
I understand that the target will be immune if they’re using a shield, for example, or will take less damage if using glowstik AA. What I am trying to say is that the staff does not proc at all! It doesn’t activate, unlike the orb, which procs anytime as long as it's not on cooldown. The staff, with the effect "Standard attacks apply the 'Dark Void' debuff (if not on cooldown). This effect lasts for five (5) seconds and reduces target armor by 50% (25% in PVP)," does NOT apply. Is it supposed to be like that? If so, I don’t see the point of the staff even having a proc that will not apply to enemies in PvP.

It is already unfair enough in PvP, so I would like to emphasize once again: please level the playing field in PvP.
This is true. The staff will not proc if your target is immune to the effect (in this case it's armor debuff effects). To reiterate: if your target has immunity to armor debuffs then it is working as expected.

It sounds like you're either asking for a.) the proc visuals show up but there's no actual change to target armor 'cause they are immune, or b.) the proc should apply anyway and ignore the target's immunity.

Historically, players get pretty upset when their defenses are ignored... but there are some weapons and proc effects that don't care about your resistance to debuff categories. It's certainly something we could consider changing, but I still don't see it as a bug when it's working as expected.