Quote Originally Posted by kikemm17 View Post
There have been multiple people, including myself, who thought it was a bug, since the orb works one way while the staff works differently. When you tap a player with the orb, it will automatically proc and reduce the target's armor and speed even if mage shield immunity is on, because the proc has been activated. On the other hand, the staff won’t apply any proc because mage shields last long, and then glowstik shield can be applied. You would die trying to activate a single proc from the staff.
If this is how it’s intended to work, then yes, I would like to request a change. Most importantly, I want to emphasize again the need to fix the issue with warriors being overpowered in PvP. Again, thank you.
Ah! It sounds like the Orb is missing the logic that respects target immunities - which would mean the fix is either a nerf for the Orb or stripping the logic that the Staff uses to respect immunities.

Either works for me but I suspect that you (and other Mage players) would much prefer that the weapons just don't care about your target's strategic buffs... since the target will be gaining benefits that could balance / outstrip the incoming debuff.

Thank you for the explicit details. I should have time to look into this very soon.

As for PvP - every Class has their moment. Reflect is about to get capped at 10% for PvP (which will help some).