Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nuri's Hallows minimum level is 54? Why is it not 2 levels below like other zones?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Except it is listing as 55-60 on the world map, and letting me host/join at 53.

But no, it's not a bug. Every zone lists the previous one's highest recommended level as it's lower level.

Forest Haven: 1-10
    Dark Forest: 10-15
    Balefort: 15-20
    Fathom Crypt/Sand Cave: 20-25
    Lost Expedition: 25-30
    Skeleller/Swamp: 30-35
    Oasis 1: 35-40
    Oasis 2: 40-45
    Oasis 3: 45-50 (Shadow Cave is 50-50 but the content is even hard for 55s)
    Sewer: 50-55
    Nuri: 55-60

They all do that, and the hardcore level is not counted. The recommended highest level of the previous campaign is the recommended starting level of the next campaign

The actual bug here is that Nuri is indeed 55-60, and isn't letting level 53 walk in as it's supposed to.
    Indeed it may be bugged but the time you spent posting about you could have already leveled to 54 buddy. Additionally in sl the hard core level was counted for numa shows levels 21-26 not 20-25. As it was first time we had an expansion after the elite level it makes a good point of reference
    Last edited by Kraze; 09-15-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sam has already gotten to me about the bias post. And it was directed specifically at Flickz, who said lower levels die a lot. I asked him about his deaths, not anybody else. Forget it guys.

Second of all, I've been busy so I'm still 53.

Now what's this about booting in public games? Of course you haven't booted in public games, because you can't. Maybe we're not clear on public game definition. I meant a non-hosted game.

Guys, I'm absolutely tired of Sewer. I've been in there from March to July with dedicated 52 farming teams before I took a break to play SL. About half my deaths (I've got around 500) are from trap crits farming 51 items, so that should give you an idea of how long I was at it. I'm seriously fed up with Sewer.

Oh and if I sell my Shadow, what will I wear? Why get a 55 set if it's only for 5 levels? Is it such a big deal? How much of a difference is somebody using Shadow to somebody using Enchanted? I know for a fact I can't afford a 60 set. Maybe I should make an Enchanted and wait for 60 prices to stabilize a bit? Mount Fang will bring new items remember.

The point of the thread BTW, was to bring to the Devs attention the inconsistency. You can host and join at 53, but can't walk in until 54. It should either be all 54 or all 53, not some and some. The thread is about a weird bug, remember? Let's not get off topic here please.
    Firstly, I prefer mm over enchanted because of the better mana regen.

Mt. Fang won't come out until months later.

Secondly, it's actually a pretty significant difference. It's like comparing custom to auto-crossbow glyph set.

Lastly, If you have the time to post these long replies, GET TO 54 ALREADY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I played SL and slept last night. Oh, and having a life > games.

And yes Kraze, the SL levels are different. I think they migrated that SL code from Numa/Sloucho so it's acting like SL and saying Nuri is 56-60, so either bugged display or bugged internally. Even with the SL numbers being 26-30, I could join/host Sloucho at 23. They really need to make up their minds.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I played SL and slept last night. Oh, and having a life > games.

And yes Kraze, the SL levels are different. I think they migrated that SL code from Numa/Sloucho so it's acting like SL and saying Nuri is 56-60, so either bugged display or bugged internally. Even with the SL numbers being 26-30, I could join/host Sloucho at 23. They really need to make up their minds.
    I agree some clarification would be great and I can't believe I'm posting this some space between content would be nice I got a week of sl then pl update two weeks of pl and sl updates so instead of playing both I have to pick one and run with it. It's a shame but it is what it is
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It makes sense that this would be a lvl 56-61 map the lvls are usually in expansions of 5 lvls.. In general peeps who know new maps are coming grind exp so they meet the min requirments of coming expansion, we without question are given ample warning, several made the grind to 56 before expansion and with the high exp to meet that lvl, meeting the lvl 54 requirment is a cake walk
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The maps are pretty tough with out pots if you don't have the good hear. Having a slightly higher level req. is probably a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

They never really list the hardcore level in PL, but it seems to be acting like a 56-60 zone for walk-ins and 55-60 for join/host. SL did but it seems to only a display thing as Kraze said and Numa/Sloucho lets you walk in a level before it says (I can at least confirm Sloucho let me join at 23 but walk in still said 24 required). I wish the level brackets were clarified better.

I've got pots but I'm not exactly a walking bank lol.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

1. It wasnt that serious
    2. Im not an elitist or whatever you said im level 58
    3. The point wasnt that you would die alot its that you wouldnt do much damage and if you do alot then you would die if you dont belive me you will see at lv 54

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Um do you not know what elitist means? It means a person who thinks they're above others. In this case you think people below x level with x equips die a lot just because you've seen it happen to others and don't want me in Nuri. I. Don't. Die. A. Lot. Period. Please don't assume that this is true for absolutely everybody.

I will see it at 53 not 54. If you haven't been paying attention, the portal is bugged and doesn't let me walk into a level 55 zone at 53, but I can host and join as expected, because the world map properly lists it as 55 and allows join/host at 53.

And you still haven't told me your death count?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 09-16-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sorry for not knowin what that means pl is my first mmo and ive only been playing for a few months. Im pretty sure im not an elitist i dont boot i dont have the good equips and the most gold ive ever had was a mill and that was from selling strongmans plates but anyways i have 829 deaths on my first guy at lv 58 bird and 6 deaths on my lv 35 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

That's alright. Good to see you don't boot if the person is contributing but is lower level. Do try to keep your bird under 1k deaths.