Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please introduce SL rarity to PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Ninja'd, Red

Hmm maybe I approached the wrong way. I don't agree on lowering drop rates per se either, not literally at least, but in terms of rarity scaling.

Take for example SL, I don't seem to be seeing or hearing of any complaints on the pink drop rate or availability there since players were 'taught' how to use non-pink gear, this gave the item rarities more headroom in terms of what is actually 'Rare' (Green) and 'Legendary' (Pink).

Personally, I just see this as a work towards gear, and not make the games too similar. However, if STS' intent was to differentiate both games though this system, then by all means I disagree with my own suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Ellyidol, if history is any indication, it is very probable that the quality of Mount Fang drops could end up like comparing rift, void, and cosmos (the glyph equivalents) to the hate, sentinel, and shadow (the Fang drops).

If Mount Fang is vastly more difficult, I think that we will reach a breaking point where people don't want to play.

Edit:
    As it stands, I think that players are already "working" towards their gear. Sets can cost millions and it's probable that those prices can stabilize (they have in the past). Getting millions in gold is a major undertaking for most players. Perhaps not for you, but for 99% of the population, it is.

To complete a set today is something to be proud of. My first set was Cyber and in a sense, I "worked" for it. Would you have a system where people need to collect 1,000 totems instead of 100 as an example? It seems pointless to me and as I said before, an exercise in tediousness that would discourage me from wanting to play.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 09-17-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I wish making millions was easy for me, I only had 500k and a Custom Set when I started Nuri's.

Hmm, I can see your point, so your opinion is that the current PL rarity system is fine the way it is (excluding making non premium glyphs into purple)?

Nuri gear might be very reliant on what happens when Mt. Fang and crafting items comes out, which is what I'm trying to suggest for; Mt. Fang rarity should be like SL's in the sense that the rarity system is appropriately scaled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Drop rates are fine in PL. I cant get Glyphs anymore too and can only watch ppl getting them. Making them lower again would disappoint ppl too much, i would also go back to my "non luck" farm systems to make at least 100-200k a day instead of hoping in something...
    Its too much non equality in drops when drops are too extreme rare
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO I actually think that lowering the drop rates for pinks is a good idea.

According to the rarity system is PL, "Lengendary" items are too common to be legendary.

Speaking from my own experience, I find that looting greens, purps, and pinks are way more common than looting the supposedly "Common" items (Whites/Grays).

Lowering the drop rates would make the game a lot more enjoyable in my perspective since there will be a lot more options as to mix and matching different peices of armour, which makes PVP a lot more interesting.

Ofcourse, personal skills are a major factor in PVP, but the different builds and armour also affects the outcome greatly.

For PVE, mix and matching armour would also provide more options to fit each player's playing styles.
    Say you focus a lot on damage and spamming spells, organize a set for yourself that provides decent damage and mana regen.
    If you are more of a team player, you would then decide upon peices of armours which increase your dodge, hp regen and armour to survive and buff/heal/help out your teamates.
    Etc.

This would really bring in a lot more variety than the usual "pinks or gtfo" motto for PL.
    Kingsyan -- Lvl 66 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    Drop rates are fine in PL. I cant get Glyphs anymore too and can only watch ppl getting them. Making them lower again would disappoint ppl too much, i would also go back to my "non luck" farm systems to make at least 100-200k a day instead of hoping in something...
    Its too much non equality in drops when drops are too extreme rare
    Agree, but the purpose of these proposed true Legendary pinks wouldn't be to make money, but to get that 'ultimate' set.

Let's say they did what I suggested a few posts back (non premium glyphs to purple with the current drop rate of premium glyph now), I would say that those new purples would still be a very profitable market, especially if almost all the players would want to have that purple set while trying to farm/get lucky with the new pinks.

This is just theoretical though, it's way too late to do it for Nuri. I'm looking more towards Mt. Fang. However, like what most have said throughout thread, since MF will probably be an elite version, then it'll probably much harder to come by.

I'm not for purely lowering the drop rates only. I'm also as interested in seeing appropriate scaling into the gear. Right now, anything below pink (in Nuri's at least) is almost useless to even consider using.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe that a majority of PL players have a very wrong mindset towards "Legendary" pink items.

Pinks are taken for granted and they do not live up to the title of "Legendary".

It's just way too common.
    Kingsyan -- Lvl 66 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I agree with Gluttony and Doubletime. Sorry, rest of you.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thread title should read,

"Please introduce SL scaling rarity to PL."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Something I wouldn't mind seeing to make items of all color a little more meaningful is decreasing drop rates in general. What I mean by that is the overall drop rate right now is 100% (when you open a chest or kill a boss, you always get something), and it probably shouldn't be. If you didn't automatically get an item every time, then the lowest color drop for that particular map wouldn't automatically be junk. Or less so, anyway. You could get gold/potions/etc from a chest/boss as usual, but not always an item. There should be two rolls, basically. First roll to determine whether or not you even get an item, then if that goes through, a second roll to determine the item.

I think this method would also be both easier and more effective to implement at this point, because it would affect items across the board and not specific colors or levels, thus restoring general item rarity grading at least a little back to normal.
    Last edited by McBain; 09-17-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I agree with DT, Red, Ricci, etc. I usually am right with Elly on things, but in this case not. SL is starting out probably alot like PL did. How many pink sets were there at level 25 before SSC? To my knowledge none, and the pinks (before wyldwood) were not common. When you consider the sheer volume of people who farm in NH every day, and look at prices, Id say they are doing the balancing act pretty well. Most complaints I have heard have to do with lack of good glyph drops that happen. I think its good just like it is. I also agree with Glutt about keeping them different. PL will always be my first love, and the more it becomes like SL, the less I love it :P
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsyan:418998
    I believe that a majority of PL players have a very wrong mindset towards "Legendary" pink items.

Pinks are taken for granted and they do not live up to the title of "Legendary".

It's just way too common.
    Isn't anyone reading this? Legendary should be legendary and rare should be rare (look it up in a dictionary).

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:418059
    The last few ideas that were carted over from SL didn't sit well with me (xp lock disabling kills, class specific items, code transferring which caused all items to show as enemies on map and NPCs to have health bars for a few seconds...)
    (deleted for the sake of peace)
    Last edited by Cahaun; 09-18-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    FALSE. Not all came from SL. Research twice, post once.
    It says "the last few ideas" not all I even mentioned the few I was talking about. Why don't you try reading twice to get the facts straight then just post once so you can avoid the epic fail of a double post. First, learn to use the edit button, second learn to quote properly, third try to put me in my place when you've mastered some of the basics.

...or you could delete your last post and we could forget this ever happened.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 09-18-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:419664
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    FALSE. Not all came from SL. Research twice, post once.
    It says "the last few ideas" not all I even mentioned the few I was talking about. Why don't you try reading twice to get the facts straight then just post once so you can avoid the epic fail of a double post. First, learn to use the edit button, second learn to quote properly, third try to put me in my place when you've mastered some of the basics.

...or you could delete your last post and we could forget this ever happened.
    Not much of an epic fail, my quoting is fine, and I know the basics, but I do agree that this getting into a flame argument so lets froget this and talk about something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Let's say they did what I suggested a few posts back (non premium glyphs to purple with the current drop rate of premium glyph now), I would say that those new purples would still be a very profitable market, especially if almost all the players would want to have that purple set while trying to farm/get lucky with the new pinks.
    yes thos "trash" pinks should be rarer, but not like glyphs. so at least to get something usefull and not 100% trash when u not get glyph.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

It would appear that SL sets are not as rare as implied in this thread.

Several people have already completed their sets in SL. Considering the time that it took when Nuri was introduced for the first people to complete their glyph sets, it's comparable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    It would appear that SL sets are not as rare as implied in this thread.

Several people have already completed their sets in SL. Considering the time that it took when Nuri was introduced for the first people to complete their glyph sets, it's comparable.
    I was under the impression that there would be pinks sets as well. If pinks were the basis of the sets, I think they'd still be absent now.

Curious as to why only one piece of armor per class has a pink version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

For each pink set, our guild now has at least one person with the full set.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 09-18-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    For each pink set, our guild now has at least one person with the full set.
    Set? Or piece? AFAIK, there's only one pink armor piece per class. Crafted set though, yes it's becoming more available.