Thread: Analysis on engineer weapons and skills in practice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickside View Post
    i would assume that amount of dex the gun provides puts people with hullukkos exact setup into the next damage threshold vs what int would provide
    There are no thresholds outside of numbers shown to us, i.e. they are truncated when displayed to us, but internally they're all floating point numbers. E.g. if you put one int on an engineer you'll get roughly 1/15 damage out of it to both weapon and skills. And when you hit fifteen times, you'll do that one point in total, not zero. You don't need to cross that threshold of 15 to make one point on every hit. You'll do pretty well with 14, too.

Besides dex gives about 1/100 damage to an engineer as opposed to the roughly 1/15 for int.

The widow performed well, because it has a decent base damage, better than the incinerator for example (by several damage points, as opposed to comparably minor effects caused by int or dex stat changes), and reasonable speed.

Another thing is that the tv-guy isn't the most armored enemy out there. Against tougher enemies it might fall behind the Disruptor. ((If you look back, the sunwalker gloves did hefty amount of damage against them dogs in numa, but precious nothing against them big black vulars.)) However, the biggest yield in this case to me was that the Widow gave skill damage close enough to Disruptor and the off-hand shield did take away damage rather well. The weapon damage alone wasn't the most important point by far, to me anyway.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 09-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.