Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfair!!!---You knew it was coming!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:425098
    Quote Originally Posted by Imacoolbirdd:425087
    I hope they dont because i made it to 56 and it took a long time if they just give it out for 20 plat thats not fair i do all the work for that crown and then they sell it.. Not right
    Good point, I hope the CoP comes out on deal of the day, and costs about 700 platinum and you don't recieve it for 2 weeks, cuz thats what it cost me, and I did it on time.
    I have two crowns, so I think it should cost 2000 plat, or atleast 1000000 gold it took me for first crown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Honestly, this sounds like everyone who was up in arms when they introduced the Founders Helm. It gave bonuses and was only given to some of the first players of the game. Since then people have cried that it's not fair. It's life. If you didn't play the game long enough to get something that was here before, then it's too bad. When the next item comes out, you will have the shield and the new item, and will get a different bonus, by the sounds of it. And once you have this, you'll have some new players upset that you have something they couldnt get it because of when they joined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldwill:425221
    The pvp advantage is the real killer. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a huge difference and could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing on July 1st and hit 55 around a week before nuri's came out. I was about 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

A few possible solutions: (Hated or revered as they may be.)

1- Sell it as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
    2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
    3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.
    A lot of good ideas. Wondeing, why would they need to disable all vanity items? Anything that is available to all players equally wouldn't have to be disabled. This wouldn't affect sts's income stream and would still allow for the special item for those that earned it.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im sorry but what im really seeing here is people saying "what about the new players" and they are the ones who had the time to grind out for CoP but were to lazy to do so themselves and are now calling out to the devs for a last resort chance at grabbing one when they had 7 MONTHS! This post aims towards the people who cry the most. By the way it took me 2! yes 2 whole months! Of on and off playing to achieve this crown cause I was BUSY everyday with school and constantly hanging out with my friends and I still got the crown barely playing with 1.5x elixirs. Now tell me if you didnt work for it at all do you really deserve this crown? Discussion closed.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my big issue with this whole thing is simply that STS decided to change the functionality and status of the CoP. i made a decision not to get it because at the time, it was not a vanity item nor was it involved with a set bonus. it was merely a luxury item that could only be worn in place of another helm that would cause one to lose a set bonus. that is a completely different item...

now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it. this is just yet another in the long list of colossal blunders the braintrust at STS has committed. giving away special items for being in the right place at the right time is one thing, but this is not equivalent. this is on a whole other level....changing the use of the CoP AFTER its no longer available is unfair and unprecedented.

i agree that providing a quest to obtain it that requires a similar time investment would work. something needs to be done for those who either chose or never had the chance to get it. this is unacceptable and yet another reason to never buy plat again. excluding large numbers of players from items they may want will only serve to anger many and drive away players when they realize just how badly they got screwed. by no means should the CoP be available thru plat purchase, but you cant change the rules in the middle of the game without advanced notice. thats simply bad business....and this is really bad for business.

this has absolutely nothing to do about laziness....(funny those saying it is are those with crowns), its about changing the item status. i dont care how long it took any of you non-lazy players.....some of us lives outside of living with our parents, playing on their phones on their dime in between doing homework and mowing the lawn. if you think laziness is the reason some of us are upset, do yourself a favor and just shut it. get a clue children....we've been had and misled about where this game was heading. this set bonus idea was a suggestion made by players who had or were going for the crown. however, as i said, if it was eluded to that the CoP was going to be more than simply a regular helm, many more people would have done the grind.
    Last edited by superrolltop; 09-23-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldwill View Post
    The pvp advantage is the real killer. Ultimately 50 health, 10 Armor and 5 Dodge is a huge difference and could easily mean the difference between a win or a loss again and again.

I started playing on July 1st and hit 55 around a week before nuri's came out. I was about 1/3rd through the level to 56. At the present time I am really bummed that there is no opportunity to make up the difference in stats for pvp's sake. I have no desire to buy leetness for vanity's sake but the stats added tip the scales too much.

A few possible solutions: (Hated or revered as they may be.)

1- Sell it as part of the deal of the day for between 20 - 100 platinum.
    2- Make it an award for a long grindy difficult quest line. (Think cyber quests)
    3- Disable all vanity stat boosts for pvp only, including faces, helms, and shields.

I would think 1 to be most likely based on potential income for sts. 2 seems to be the most fair for all involved parties. 3 seems the least likely because of the income it could potentially lose for sts. Where ever possible I am sure they are encouraging not discouraging plat use. I personally would be fine with any of the three and I am sure there are other good suggestions out there.
    I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement. Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck
    Just my 2 plat

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Now I wish I grinded to 56 back then, but no I don't hope to see the crown as a deal of the day. That would be really tacky and wrong, but I don't see STS doing this. The items they brought back for daily deal were never rewards for accomplishing something. So again, I don't see the crowns being available for purchase.
    +1

For whatever reason, people decided to not persue a COP. Those individuals can't say it is unfair now. I joined PL in late Nov, 2010. I cannot, and will not, ask for items which were released before I joined. I missed out and that's that.

And... the COP was not free for those of us who earned one. Why should they be free now?

EDIT: And another thing...

What about those who only got one COP, I guess they should be allowed the other two, right? I have 4 COP's. Next, someone is gonna say they deserve four because its not fair that I do. Common sense people. We live more and more in a world of "what can you do for me" and not "what I can I do for you."

Can we let it die please?
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 09-23-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superrolltop:425264
    my big issue with this whole thing is simply that STS decided to change the functionality and status of the CoP. i made a decision not to get it because at the time, it was not a vanity item nor was it involved with a set bonus. it was merely a luxury item that could only be worn in place of another helm that would cause one to lose a set bonus. that is a completely different item...

now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it.

i agree that providing a quest to obtain it that requires a similar time investment

by no means should the CoP be available thru plat purchase, but you cant change the rules in the middle of the game without advanced notice. thats simply bad business....and this is really bad for business.

this has absolutely nothing to do about laziness...

however, as i said, if it was eluded to that the CoP was going to be more than simply a regular helm, many more people would have done the grind.
    You have made several points that I didn't think about. I agree with what I quoted.

I agree, no way should it be avaiable for plat purchase. That would add insult to injury.

And yeah, it has nothing to do with laziness. The people who are saying this are being petty and rude.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement. Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck
    6 days and no elixir?!? O_O wow must have played 24/6

The STS has already made IT CLEAR that they ARE NOT going to make it available... Wait for L66 cap and there might be a new vanity helm
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I'd love to agree with you, but time has proven this isn't always the case. The red antenna were for a Haiku contest, the big luck vanity was for St. Patty's day, big love... The list is growing as time passes, I don't know how STS will respond to this but I know that they will try to make the most people happy at the end of the day and if that means offering more crowns then that may be what they'll do.
    Correct me if i am wrong. The items from the past that have been re-released were either plat purchase items or give-aways from the dev team. I do not think they have re-released any vanity items that were part of a quest. i.e. Snowman helm, reindeer antlers etc..

If this proves to be the case the COP may noty get released for plat, but... it may be re-issued for the next "Hardcore" cap 66?
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

What I find interesting is that so far, no players that joined after the Nuri's release have commented. Given that it was only released a few weeks ago, probably the vast majority of players that joined in late August/early September aren't even in end game PvP.

So far, what I do see are players who were simply refused to make the 56 grind complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=Kraze:425274]
    Quote Originally Posted by coldwill View Post
    I have the answer! Once you hit elite cap if you dont have the prior vanity you get a quest to grind out for it before next level cap at prior requirement.

Therefore If you dob have a cop once you hit 61 you would have to rack up 85k worth of xp to get a cop and then pay 5 plat. I did it in 6 days with no elixirs...good luck
    Wow. good job!!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ???? View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong. The items from the past that have been re-released were either plat purchase items or give-aways from the dev team. I do not think they have re-released any vanity items that were part of a quest. i.e. Snowman helm, reindeer antlers etc..

If this proves to be the case the COP may noty get released for plat, but... it may be re-issued for the next "Hardcore" cap 66?
    You're correct, however the dingy crown wasn't part of any quest. All you had to do to gain access to that was hit the cap at 56; it can be turned into a vanity crown so if STS were to release that for plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superrolltop View Post
    now that it is no longer available, its status and functionality has been changed. perhaps if STS had told us this was the plan, or otherwise made it known (since they abandoned the roadmap) that a change was coming to the CoP, then i absolutely would have done the grind to get it.
    Perhaps this shows you that the item was for the truly hardcore players. they didn't need the incentive of some magical set bonus. now because they are more hardcore than you, get they privilege of one.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    6 days and no elixir?!? O_O wow must have played 24/6

The STS has already made IT CLEAR that they ARE NOT going to make it available... Wait for L66 cap and there might be a new vanity helm
    Kraze is BEAST! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ???? View Post

True but they have sold the red antennae which were part of a contest only.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I know I'm done with pvp now.. shouldn't have unfair advantages like that in pvp.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I understand how people feel it's an unfair advantage, I mean we've been there with the founders helm before already. I can only speak for myself, and honestly, I feel happy that the endless grinding to get to 56 is finally paying off. People were complaining about the crown, and how it wasn't enough given the effort. Now we get something more, and other people start to complain. I guess there's no way to keep everyone happy. The founders helm is here to stay, so why wouldn't this be?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Majority of posts in this thread are people who have COP trying to make sure COP doesn't come out since they feel like they need to be overwhemly recognized/bragging rights for their grind to 56. But people like me grinded to 56 and spent elixirs but just didn't have enough time because I found the game late. SORRY I didn't 24/7 MY GRIND TO 56 AND MISSED IT BY 10K.... I have a full time job as an adult and people to take care of...............

Give the newer players like me a chance to atleast get the COP again, even if it takes a lot of grinding and elixirs..old hags..smh ;p(even if it means the newer COP looks ugly or lesser stats)

AND FOUNDER HELM IS DIFFERENT, it was rewarded for when the game wasn't very popular and just started out, now new people who join and play just as much as the vets , they are willing to pay the price(time and money) to get COP. Thats not possible with founder helm, unless someone has a time machine
    Last edited by Clodoveo; 09-23-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Having 3 crowns myself IDC what happens really.... IMO whats done is done and people that had the chance to get the COP should have made the extra effort to get it! People that didnt have the chance.... honestly when it comes down to it, LIFE GOES ON The Rolling Stones said it best "You cant always get what you want"!

Now, With that said!! I present you with....................

BEST SOLUTION EVER!!!!!
    As new players reach levels in which achievements were awarded (ie: 55-56 & 60-61) let them choose wether or not they want to pursue that achievement by requiring them to get the 83k & 103k XP or skip it and continue to level up!! This is great on so many levels because NOT only can they say they earned it and still have a chance for new vanity set bonus. But, it also puts MORE MONEY into STS pockets because i doubt they are going to wanna make these runs from 55 to 56 without plat elixers??

What are your thoughts on this???

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post: