Thread: Best Lv60 Mage set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Best Lv60 Mage set?

*Didnt meant set meant Gear

Hey guys, I recently switched from a DexMage to a PureInt because I like the mana regen and massive AOE I can inflict. Anyways, right now I have a mix of armor and weapons equipped. None are very good beside SewerQueen leather. Anyways, what is the best Lv60 mage gear? Like, should I go with a glyph wand or staff? armor?
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

pretty much anything demomic is the absolute best, but other than that glyph stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Demonic is best, but is currently very pricey. (I saw the Robes in CS for over 3 million gold last night)

I play alot of PUGs, so I typically run wand/bracer until I have a good feel for the group and then swap to my staff, except if I'm the only mage then I'll stay with the wand/bracer since the mobs are so hard hitting and I tend to grab agro from the Boss.

Anyhow, since you're still in Sewer gear, here is a potential "poor man's" set of gear for you to consider when you hit 60. I believe you can grab most of this for less 50,000 a piece, (Hood might be more expensive, haven't looked in awhile) and trust me you'll see a significant improvement!

Nuri's Glyph Cloth Req: Level 60, 140 Int 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 62 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Hood Req: Level 60, 140 Int 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 33 Armor
    Reptilian Staff of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 140 Int 175-213 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Maestro's Baton of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 140 Int 124-159 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Imhotep Eye of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 183 Int 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 41 Armor

For me, the two real "diamonds in the rough" here are the Nuri's Glyph Cloth which I've seen as low as 20K and the Imhotep Eye of Charmin which I've seen as low as 7K. Note the Nuri Glyph cloth is only 1 pt of armor off of the Charmin' cloth but at tenth of the price. (Probably even less than a tenth now that Charmin' can be crafted which has driven its price up!) The Imhotep Eye actually provides more Armor than either of the Glyph Bracers and the rest of it stats are similar to both Glyph Bracers so really this is a great value play. (It doesn't look as cool as the Glyph's, but when Glyph's are running in the several hundreds of thousands, to pick up an Eye that performs just as well for less than 10K is a great deal)

Finally, please note, I personally let vanity get the best of me as I run with the Nuri Glyph Staff which is more expensive than the Reptillian Staff of Charmin', however it does offer a fire proc and for me simply looks cooler.

Good luck and hope to see you at the Circus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick View Post
    Demonic is best, but is currently very pricey. (I saw the Robes in CS for over 3 million gold last night)

I play alot of PUGs, so I typically run wand/bracer until I have a good feel for the group and then swap to my staff, except if I'm the only mage then I'll stay with the wand/bracer since the mobs are so hard hitting and I tend to grab agro from the Boss.

Anyhow, since you're still in Sewer gear, here is a potential "poor man's" set of gear for you to consider when you hit 60. I believe you can grab most of this for less 50,000 a piece, (Hood might be more expensive, haven't looked in awhile) and trust me you'll see a significant improvement!

Nuri's Glyph Cloth Req: Level 60, 140 Int 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 62 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Hood Req: Level 60, 140 Int 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 33 Armor
    Reptilian Staff of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 140 Int 175-213 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Maestro's Baton of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 140 Int 124-159 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Imhotep Eye of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 183 Int 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 41 Armor

For me, the two real "diamonds in the rough" here are the Nuri's Glyph Cloth which I've seen as low as 20K and the Imhotep Eye of Charmin which I've seen as low as 7K. Note the Nuri Glyph cloth is only 1 pt of armor off of the Charmin' cloth but at tenth of the price. (Probably even less than a tenth now that Charmin' can be crafted which has driven its price up!) The Imhotep Eye actually provides more Armor than either of the Glyph Bracers and the rest of it stats are similar to both Glyph Bracers so really this is a great value play. (It doesn't look as cool as the Glyph's, but when Glyph's are running in the several hundreds of thousands, to pick up an Eye that performs just as well for less than 10K is a great deal)

Finally, please note, I personally let vanity get the best of me as I run with the Nuri Glyph Staff which is more expensive than the Reptillian Staff of Charmin', however it does offer a fire proc and for me simply looks cooler.

Good luck and hope to see you at the Circus!
    We think very much alike! haha! I let vanity over practicality for me :-p
    I recently got a charmin' drop (the hood) and I sold it for 1.2M! So I have some cash now. And thanks for the input!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick View Post
    This list is exactly the gear I was using before I got the glyph charmin staff set (yesterday, yesssss). Good and affordable.
    Chiieshatie Subclavius

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiie View Post
    This list is exactly the gear I was using before I got the glyph charmin staff set (yesterday, yesssss). Good and affordable.
    Hahah very nice! How much better is the charmin staff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Here are the stats for the various pieces of gear we discussed vs. their Glyph and Demonic counterparts. Note I didn't include set bonuses since you mentioned in your original post that you weren't looking at a set.

Anyhow, I believe you'll see that with the exception of the Demonic Hood, the "poor man's" set is only slightly behind the "Premium Pink" gear. So it appears to me the Devs have done a good job of providing us some quality gear to survive in at Nuri's at a fraction of the cost of a premium set.

Honestly, if I'm lucky enough to get a Glyph Hood of Charmin' drop, I might seriously consider crafting that for the +8 increase in Armor. (But then again to bank a million now in hopes of picking it up cheap later does tempt me too!) For everything else, I'm just going to build a war chest and wait for Mt Fang to come out to see if Glyph and Demonic prices collapse similiar to Mega Mage/Enchanted when Nuri's was released. (Or if they don't collapse, perhaps at least become "affordable"?)

BTW, if you don't mind sharing, I'd like to hear what you end up with.

Reptilian Staff of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 175-213 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Glyph Staff of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 175-198 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Staff Req: Level 60, 174-197 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Armor
    Demonic Glyph Staff Req: Level 60, 177-200 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 23 Int, 5% Crit, 7 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor

Glyph Hood of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 33 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Hood Req: Level 60, 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 33 Armor
    Demonic Glyph Hood Req: Level 60, 23 Int, 5% Crit, 7 H/s, 5 M/s, 11 Damage, 41 Armor

Glyph Bracer of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 40 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Bracer Req: Level 60, 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 39 Armor
    Imhotep Eye of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 41 Armor
    Demonic Glyph Bracer Req: Level 60, 23 Int, 5% Crit, 7 H/s, 5 M/s,11 Damage, 40 Armor

Maestro's Baton of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 124-159 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Glyph Wand of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 125-170 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Wand Req: Level 60, 124-169 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Armor
    Demonic Glyph Wand Req: Level 60, 127-172 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 23 Int, 5% Crit, 7 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Armor

Glyph Cloth of Charmin' Req: Level 60, 20 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 9 Damage, 63 Armor
    Nuri's Glyph Cloth Req: Level 60, 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 62 Armor
    Demonic Glyph Cloth Req: Level 60, 23 Int, 5% Crit, 7 H/s, 5 M/s, 11 Damage, 64 Armor