Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Beta Beta players/Senior Members only area***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not trying to flame... this thread is trivial. You were all noobs when you logged on for the first time, and so is everyone else who logs on for the first time. I had a blast in the android beta, and i still have a blast. That's why i play this game, i like the community that i choose to surround myself with. I have friends that asked me how my arm was doing when i sliced it open at work (and while i was in the ER, you better believe i was playing SL while waiting haha, and whats going on with me and i dont even know them IRL. But i know them, and i wouldnt have met them without giving them a chance. So, maybe give players a chance? You'll never be able to expand your world/circle if you restrict the capacity of it.

The thing that is beneficial about this discussion is the possibility of guild hall invites.

might be exactly what you're looking for and asking about. You get to have your closed beta reunions, and the rest of the noobs get to go on learning how to play.

my two cents, no flaming intended at all.
    Last edited by Zeromus; 09-28-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think they should have like an area for 20+ because almost 1/3 of the players are around lvl 20.

SL Characters: Blakout Lvl 25 commando | Kaosbane lvl 17 operative | Kaosreaper lvl 10 engineer
    PL Characters: Kaotiik Lvl 20 archer | Chaosdood lvl 18 warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I don't see why there is soo much flaming(sparking) about this subject. I think its just friends that want to take a break and just hang out with each other in peace. I don't see any "elite" required thing in this or any "special treatment" as anybody should be able to do this. Lets talk without flaming and discuss our ideas with patience.
    While the op has been edited it was called a "betabeta/elite" area at first hence the reactions
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    While the op has been edited it was called a "betabeta/elite" area at first hence the reactions
    Beta beta yes..."elite" no. And as stated numerous times, it wasn't a request strictly for the original players...the use of the term beta/senior members was to compare a time period between then and now...the horse is dead, stop beating it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    Beta beta yes..."elite" no. And as stated numerous times, it wasn't a request strictly for the original players...the use of the term beta/senior members was to compare a time period between then and now...the horse is dead, stop beating it.
    Heres the link on forum to the beta guild check it out
    KOTOR Im Revan
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429144

And although most of us consider this a crime punishable by death, it's not, it's typical n00b behavior (especially young n00bs).

before the inundation of all the whiny kids and rude n00bs who do nothing more than annoy the crap out of the more seasoned players.

I really hope that all my fellow senior members flood this and Theseus' thread and we get some results

game...so if u came here to run your mouth, keep it moving...go scream at ur dog or something.
    LMAO

Spoken like a true leader!!

Apparently you are not at all worried about violating the spirit of and maybe the letter of the tos and forum rules.

Poor doggie!!
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429170
    slightly snobbish
    Just slightly? lol
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    LMAO

Spoken like a true leader!!

Apparently you are not at all worried about violating the spirit of and maybe the letter of the tos and forum rules.

Poor doggie!!
    Guess not...thread still exsists lol!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just slightly? lol
    Lil bit. (In my De Niro voice)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:429230
    Omg.....

Like another poster, I can't read the dialog in the pics.

Actually, I think this is an awseome idea. All the upper crust, actually....... maybe sts could sponsor your own server and you all could port over.

I'll stay with the ones you don't like and try to help them.

I'd say good luck and have fun, but not sure that either is a priority for you, so I hope you get whatever it is that you do want.

If the person you don't like is identified in this post, you ought to edit it out. Imo, that is inappropriate. But hey, what do I know, I'm a Jr. member at heart.
    This morning, I saw the dialog in the pics. So, I now see that. hmmm.... it was you, lol.

But, I in all honesty and sincerity think your idea is awesome. I personally like mine, the whole idea of y'all porting on over to your own server. But w/e lol.

This thread is priceless. I got to get over here to sl boards more often. This has been a great read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429248

nope, nothing elite about just hanging out with the one you want to rather than having to deal with whoever decides to pop into an instance and start trouble.
    LMAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I like the idea of the locked space but for many other reasons.... Great idea.

As already mentioned.... Begging and such stuff is typical noob behaviour and they will either learn the hard way or not. But, segregation isn't going to help educate the ones that are up for learning and becoming the next batch of the community. Noobs should always get the benefit of the doubt and some support from all of us. But if after offering support there, is clearly no changing some people, then the IGNORE and REPORT buttons are your friends.

Call me old fashioned but some of these people are the next generation and simply don't know why it's an issue.

Educate not segregate...lol

My top tips for beggars.

Begging is asking players public or privately for money, items or even help levelling. This is very frowned on in game and will often result in you being added to everyone you asks IGNORE list. It is a very good way to lose respect from the community and isolate yourself. Bearing in mind the fastest way to progress in Pocket Legends is to gain a good group of friends and run maps with 4/5 players every time, it is very detrimental to your PL future to isolate yourself.

The quickest way to earn money is to play the game, and then play it some more. To get lots of money takes lots of game play, lots of really learning to play the game (see lots of guides here) and often 100's or often 1000's of hours of playing.

Top tips for asking for help. If you need money then go and play the game. It's the quickest way of getting it. You really shouldn't need money until you get to the top levels of the game as everything you NEED to play the game drops regularly. If you still need money then ask friends politely to help out a little, and importantly explain why you need it. Most of the time, your friends will be able to help you get the item you need, or even suggest a cheaper alternative.

At worst, let people know you need money, and the reason, and if they can't help out they will generally run a few levels with you until you get the money you need and may even give you some top tips, and may even become a great friend for the future.

Begging is often frowned on in all walks of life, but if you're clear why you need help, and are polite, your friends will alway help out a little with suggestions/advice/support.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 09-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429390
    It seems to be the same 5 people doing it and I have reported them numerous times
    lol, Don't get me wrong, I still love your idea, but it does seem a bit odd, you claim that it is this humongous problem that is so out of control that it could only be dealt with with these extreme (read: excellent) measures but 1. you had to re-enact the spamming yourself cuz you couldn't find an actual example, and 2. in this post you say it seems like the same 5 people.

So, it does seem that hmm... just maayyyybbbeeee your intentions are not as pure as you suggest.

But, like I said, i hope you make this happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:429406
    Its a decent idea, but i need something clarified. do you mean giving the ability for players to essentially create a towne instance with a password? If so i have a feeling that could incite a whole new age of "he booted me for a dumb reason!" threads. Unless somehow it is made so that the "host" couldnt kick people from their towne. Also how would you define "senior members"? Would it give the "host" the power to make a level restriction on the instance?

Other than those two questions i like the idea
    You couldn't be a true elitist if you couldn't boot people who weren't "as good as you". There would be no point in doing this if you couldn't boot for frivilous reasons.

Ditto: If a player couldn't keep out the rift raft, you know the [darts eyes back and forth, leans in a whispers] the 'lowbies', there would be no point in doing this.

Please make it happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge:430026

Begging is often frowned on in all walks of life,
    [/QUOTE]

omg

edit: ops, i forgot lol

edit: ops, i misspelled forgot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:429507
    They removed town hosting a year ago from pl can't see them adding it to sl now bottom line if people are breaking the rules report ignore move on and get back to talking about the good old days
    The type of thing that this op is suggesting used to exist in PL a year ago? Really?

wow, that answers so many questions

makes so many things crystal clear

and, well, I hope you are wrong, I know you prob not, but I hope they do bring this back to PL and begin it in SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429996
    Just slightly? lol
    Lil bit. (In my De Niro voice)
    DeNiro's great, I can actually hear him say this, in his voice, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch:429773
    ..the horse is dead, stop beating it.
    Errr... wait a minute, hold your horses (lol), a min ago you mentioned De Niro, now there's a dead horse. Hmm... your not going to put the horse's head in some beggars house are you? lol

LIke your in town, your hear a beggar, you say...
    I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse....
    Stop begging or...........

lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Wow... 6 consecutive posts.. just WoW! *Speachless*

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Wow... 6 consecutive posts.. just WoW! *Speachless*
    Sextuple posts FTW....lol
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand