Quote Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Still, I find that asking someone to leave is more respectable then booting for no reason.
Looking at it from the other point of view:

If you're both the host and the healer, you don't have time for texting. When your tank is marching forward, then taking time to compose a sweet regret letter may mean the group gets wiped. An alternative would be to ask the group to pause, then compose a nice regret message. I think if you get three letters, 'sry', then you are lucky.

But, i will admit that i put people on ignore if i get a one letter boot message, or a hostile boot message like "Fool!" or "idiot", which i have gotten. If i get "sry", then i don't put the host in my ignore list.

A main PL forum contributor (i forget which), would send the message "i love you" and boot. It seems funny, disturbing, and confusing all at once. I almost left the group when I saw that. But, when I think about it, what message could anyone possible compose that would make the boot more comfortable? In this case, it was a 51 PL sewer farming group, which means only specific levels could be allowed, or the drops would be useless.