Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Omnipotent Crown Of Dreams - 50 platinum right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks:439882
    Maybe they can make a vanity one day that adds speed.
    Imo that would be awesome great idea. and to keep mimimize complaints just disable the speed boost in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    It seems that it's more of a hate magnet than anything. People are ragging so hard on the ones who bought it right now
    That has to make it worth buying then :-)))))
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Well that makes perfect sense. Only question is how much does the extended warranty on the Crown cost?
    lmao! I reckon you can put it on your building insurance...
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Trueplayer was the first person to buy it and was showing it of by going to each balefort. He mentioned that it gives luck and is good for pvp.

So does it give stats or was he lying?
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

So here's the thing: to me, the absurd price of this thing affects how it "looks," and will make anyone I eventually see in-game wearing one look like a tool in my eyes. Much in the same way, for instance, when I used to see pictures of Lil Jon strutting around with his gold diamond-studded chalice.
    Name:  liljohn_getty.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  28.1 KB

I'm not saying this to troll. Just speaking the truth of how I personally perceive it, for anyone who might be considering buying one. It's unique, but not in a cool way. More in the way that says "I have so much money that I can spend ridiculous amounts on silly things, and I want to flaunt it in your face," which is only cool to other rich people. I can only speak for myself, but I imagine others will feel the same way, since everyone knows how much it cost. But hey, if that's the look you want to go for, rock on with your bad self.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aperfecte View Post
    Trueplayer was the first person to buy it and was showing it of by going to each balefort. He mentioned that it gives luck and is good for pvp.

So does it give stats or was he lying?
    It appears to have no stats, and until a dev says it does have some sort of hidden stats, he is full of it, sorry.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It has no stats, just a trophy to wear basically

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lmao
    /Officially lost hope in devs
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It's not the end of the world, at least they're giving us mt fang

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

My issue with this is the in game inflation has now hit server side. Gear has skyrocketed into the millions from hundred-thousands now vanity items are following suit. I understand that STS needs money but in a recession they are finding ways to be successful and I would have thought the increased use of platinum elixirs was more than enough to fuel the server cost, new mods/devs and a new game on the horizon, but apparently vanity helms need to increase their sales tenfold so the new plan is to accomplish that in one fell swoop.

Sure it's probably the best vanity item that I've seen to date, but it's an elite vanity set breaker, has no stats (until I see otherwise) and is basically in the game for the bling factor. I don't look down on anyone for the purchase, but I cannot help but admit that a small part of me begs to ask the question why?! Why pay $22.50+ for something that you probably won't wear when outside of town, why wear something that doesn't boost your status but helps you go down in infamy, why support this move by STS that will surely only lead to more and more price gouging?! Remember where the Hardlight shield fiasco got us, it lead to another (Crimson) Hardlight for equal price minus the bonus of reservation of your coveted ign... Remember where deal of the day (blast from the past) voting got us, it got us the most wanted item's price not only doubled but tripled. STS is going to find ways to make money, and if players keep feeding them whenever they made a ridiculous demand on our money then there is no end in sight.

/rage
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-07-2011 at 10:02 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Its for people who " want " it, if u wanna pay 500 plat then pay it but if u dont just dont

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    My issue with this is the in game inflation has now hit server side. Gear has skyrocketed into the millions from hundred-thousands now vanity items are following suit. I understand that STS needs money but in a recession they are finding ways to be successful and I would have thought the increased use of platinum elixirs was more than enough to fuel the server cost, new mods/devs and a new game on the horizon, but apparently vanity helms need to increase their sales tenfold so the new plan is to accomplish that in one fell swoop.

Sure it's probably the best vanity item that I've seen to date, but it’s a vanity set breaker, has no stats (until I see otherwise) and is basically in the game for the bling factor. I don't look down on anyone for the purchase, but I cannot help but admit that a small part of me begs to ask the question why?! Why pay $22.50+ for something that you probably won't wear when outside of town, why wear something that doesn't boost your status but helps you go down in infamy, why support this move by STS that will surely only lead to more and more price gouging?! Remember where the Hardlight shield fiasco got us, it lead to another (Crimson) Hardlight for equal price minus the bonus of reservation of your coveted ign... Remember where deal of the day (blast from the past) voting got us, it got us the most wanted item's price not only doubled but tripled. STS is going to find ways to make money, and if players keep feeding them whenever they made a ridiculous demand on our money then there is no end in sight.

/rage
    nice point. I agree that this is way to big of an increase for a vanity. Maybe 100 plat or even 200? They have to come up with a more creative way to make plat, that also might not even be noticed by us players as a revenue for money. 500 is a lot to ask for something that has no usefulness whatsoever. That's why they have those kinds for 15 plat....and they actually have a use. They should have either made it have a good bonus to make us want to buy it or lowered the price to goad us into buying it. It's too hard to convince me to pay 500, but I would easily pay say, 75 for a pretty cool looking hat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Imacoolbirdd:439991
    Its for people who " want " it, if u wanna pay 500 plat then pay it but if u dont just dont
    Brilliant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Don't forget people it may just be a game to you, but its their bread and butter... its how they pay the bills and put food on the table for there family. Try coming to my place of business and expecting something free... or worst yet come to my place of business and ask for higher quality products at the same reduced price of the generic no name brands....lol! Sorry but its not going to happen... You want more content produced faster? You want higher quality content? Well that doesn't come for free, it takes hours upon hours of man power to create and plan and so on...

What I basically boils down to is this... You don't wanna buy it? You think its just WAY to much? Then DON'T buy it! Its that simple no one is being forced to buy it right away and if it happens to be something that you want but can't afford right now then you have time to save or even wait for it to come up for deal of the day. BUT no matter what you do or what your choice is please stop complaining. If you don't like the way STS is doing business then go make your own game but untill then ill happily be right here spending my REAL CASH on what I wanna spend it on and ill tell you what... I won't hate on you for spending your money on the things you choose to spend it on like smokes, booze, fast food, drugs ect ect.... deal?

TO EACH HIS OWN live and let live.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:439983

Sure it's probably the best vanity item that I've seen to date, but it's an elite vanity set breaker, has no stats (until I see otherwise) and is basically in the game for the bling factor. I don't look down on anyone for the purchase, but I cannot help but admit that a small part of me begs to ask the question why?! Why pay $22.50+ for something that you probably won't wear when outside of town, why wear something that doesn't boost your status but helps you go down in infamy, why support this move by STS that will surely only lead to more and more price gouging?! Remember where the Hardlight shield fiasco got us, it lead to another (Crimson) Hardlight for equal price minus the bonus of reservation of your coveted ign... Remember where deal of the day (blast from the past) voting got us, it got us the most wanted item's price not only doubled but tripled. STS is going to find ways to make money, and if players keep feeding them whenever they made a ridiculous demand on our money then there is no end in sight.

/rage
    1. Prices in cs arent affected by a vanity u buy with plat and cant resell. If u dont like prices in cs dont pay theyll drop. And im sure u have no complaints when u get glyph obed xbow drop.
    2 i bought and sold many custom,enchanted,fortified peices for 700k+ so considering how new demonic is. The prices are right. even glyph is fairly new.
    3 hard light and name reg was 70plat or more. Chrimson holo was 50plat
    4 ive never met anyone who said no to increased profit why would sts.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ocagrevy View Post
    1. Prices in cs arent affected by a vanity u buy with plat and cant resell. If u dont like prices in cs dont pay theyll drop. And im sure u have no complaints when u get glyph obed xbow drop.
    2 i bought and sold many custom,enchanted,fortified peices for 700k+ so considering how new demonic is. The prices are right. even glyph is fairly new.
    3 hard light and name reg was 70plat or more. Chrimson holo was 50plat
    4 ive never met anyone who said no to increased profit why would sts.

1. It was a joke comparing two things that have recently increased substantially in price. I'm fine running with my sewer gear and don't buy what I don't deem worth the gold. If I get a glyph xbox bow sure I wouldn't complain, but I'd sell immediately.
    2. Yes, the price change is due to how new the items are, but thank you for assuring me that the prices are indeed correct.
    3. Hardlight and name reg was 50 plat (same as crimson).
    4. Increasing the profits is STS' job, I just want players to resist a bit or it may bite them in the end and all upcoming vanity may increase to meet demand.

Edit: Everyone is voicing an opinion and letting off some steam about the recent events, I was just adding my input but if you want to come at me bro' by all means have at it. Not telling players how to spend their money just adding some comedy with the reality but I'm guessing that you didn't find my views very insightful; yours on the other hand were quite subjective.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-07-2011 at 11:16 PM.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My kid called me today to ask if he could buy one. I almost fell off the back of my boat.
    This is a high jump for a game advertised on kids channel's.

I will never pay that for a item. I told my kids if they buy it. I will delete everything they have in game. They spend enough now on elixers and vanity. I know I like my POTs.
    I can charge plat right now and not care. but 500p for one item?

I think im in shock.. not raged.. just shocked
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I, somebody who has spent 10k platinum (might now be much nowadays), think that this is just outrageous. 100 platinum is a lot more reasonable. 500? That's like buying the "I am Rich" application back when the App Store was still new.

Has anybody even thought of the consequences that this "Elite Vanity" might cause?

We already have problem in major MMO's with kid's stealing their parent's credit cards for the must have premium items. This outrageous pricing is only going to give them further incentive.

STS does have to feed their family, but if they even lower the price to 100 platinum. It MIGHT increase sales, therefore overall increasing the revenue generated. Just a thought.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    STS does have to feed their family, but if they even lower the price to 100 platinum. It MIGHT increase sales, therefore overall increasing the revenue generated. Just a thought.
    ^ Yes.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    ^ Yes.
    . We need to talk! I'm not that busy on Saturdays anymore, so MSN on Saturday?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List