Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Omnipotent Crown Of Dreams - 50 platinum right?

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope they make money from it. If people buy it. Thats there cash.

I just hate to see a game join in on the crazy price range for fun items. There are other games that do this.

If your following other games with priceing. Whats next the elite Plat Rainforest zone for 1000p that has plat drop like pinks? all vanitys 250p? elite zones 500p? rings 250p? (one of my favorite games started to out price the people. I forget the last time I played it.)..................Yes, I know You don't need this item at this time to play the game. Where will it go from here if it is a big cash flow? ............
    I would like to know where my entertainment investment is headed? Do I want to still keep a flow going to it?
    If it works here I know it will go in SL.
    Last edited by Diodge; 10-09-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Jealousy you say? I wouldn't buy the crown if it was 15 plat, it's not my thing. Secondly, I don't hate people who own it, I hate the devs for doing this. How dare they put an item up for 500plat! I bought campaigns when they costed money, and enjoyed gold elixirs, then they make campaigns free and elixirs plat. I bought once thought "exclusive" event items for plat, then they release them MULTIPLE times after it's initial release for twice, and even thrice the previous price! Now the put this vanity out for a ridiculous price! They must be laughing everytime someone buys one of these! As if we don't support them enough, we have made this game arguably the most successful mobile MMORPG of all time. For the first time since April 2010, I don't feel like buying plat and supporting the devs.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Slush, read your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze
    still not flaming right?
    Also, take notice.
    I for one, have made dozens of Daily Deal threads. And look, they listened. They don't have special event stuff on sale every week, just real daily deals.
    Consider the good parts, not the bad parts, of a fruit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post

Also, take notice.
    I for one, have made dozens of Daily Deal threads. And look, they listened. They don't have special event stuff on sale every week, just real daily deals.
    A. Slush posted valid points. He is upset. He did not call anyone names, just provided some constructive feedback, even it is emotional.
    B. Your second point about daily deals doesn't seem to have anything to do with Slush's post. If your point was "they listened", then Slush is venting within the ToS and trying to get them to listen.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post

Also, take notice.
    I'm not flaming, just my point of view on this matter.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hey, it's obviously not flaming lol.
    But honestly I don't get the point of this now.
    It's just a crown. They can make whatever money they want.
    Leave it be and have fun getting a few good Subway meals or a great movie night instead of spending 30 bucks on a virtual item that doesn't even do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    A. Slush posted valid points. He is upset. He did not call anyone names, just provided some constructive feedback, even it is emotional.
    B. Your second point about daily deals doesn't seem to have anything to do with Slush's post. If your point was "they listened", then Slush is venting within the ToS and trying to get them to listen.
    A. Your B point is wrong.
    When Slush said this,
    I bought once thought "exclusive" event items for plat, then they release them MULTIPLE times after it's initial release for twice, and even thrice the previous price!
    He obviously meant Daily Deal. What else "releases things again"?
    I also said that they started to slow down on the "release things again" method of Daily Deal.
    So yes, it does relate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

If it's "obviously not flaming", why do you quote Slush's sig and and tell him to 'read his signature'?

My forum ignore list grows by one.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    I hope they make money from it. If people buy it. Thats there cash.

I just hate to see a game join in on the crazy price range for fun items. There are other games that do this.

If your following other games with priceing. Whats next the elite Plat Rainforest zone for 1000p that has plat drop like pinks? all vanitys 250p? elite zones 500p? rings 250p? (one of my favorite games started to out price the people. I forget the last time I played it.)..................Yes, I know You don't need this item at this time to play the game. Where will it go from here if it is a big cash flow? ............
    I would like to know where my entertainment investment is headed? Do I want to still keep a flow going to it?
    If it works here I know it will go in SL.
    Exactly. I can't believe ppl don't get this point. It's not the 500plat crown itself we are hating for,it's the motivation behind it. I'm surprised to see so many lvl61 still keep using plat elixir 24/7 so we can make a conclusion that ppl are willing to spend plat. So STS make this crown as crazy price just to see how the consumer market reaction is. If some ppl are still willing to spend on this crown, then they will make their next step making more expensive stuff like this.
    It's a market strategy move and it's a big move that will probably lead PL to some direction that we are afraid to see. And that is why I myself and some other ppl are angry about this crown.
    And to those ppl keep saying that STS needs money to keep PL as a free game, u simply know nothing about mmorpg industry. Those so called free game(no monthly fee)make loads of money compare to those one charge monthly fee. Actually almost every single new mmorpg these days are free game. But u actually end up spend more money from your pocket.
    So pls stop saying STS needs money blah blah blah, they made tons of money from plat Elixer. If they really invest part of those money into making PL a better game then of course we should and will support them. But not much big improve has been happening as ppl are expecting. And I personally has a feeling that STS are grabbing our PL player's money into developing their new game market(SL,DL). Seriously PL has so much potential to be improved. But that's another topic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jiroununu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    Jealousy you say? I wouldn't buy the crown if it was 15 plat, it's not my thing. Secondly, I don't hate people who own it, I hate the devs for doing this. How dare they put an item up for 500plat! I bought campaigns when they costed money, and enjoyed gold elixirs, then they make campaigns free and elixirs plat. I bought once thought "exclusive" event items for plat, then they release them MULTIPLE times after it's initial release for twice, and even thrice the previous price! Now the put this vanity out for a ridiculous price! They must be laughing everytime someone buys one of these! As if we don't support them enough, we have made this game arguably the most successful mobile MMORPG of all time. For the first time since April 2010, I don't feel like buying plat and supporting the devs.
    Change is inevitable.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Change is inevitable.
    So are useless posts.

Fact of th matter is, as others have said before, it's merely a test to gauge the response to the price. If it's successful, expect to see more stuff at that price range. If it's not successful, expect STS to try something else to boost plat sales.

-------AEO-------

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

^^ Thanks?

Frankly, I think this discussion is on it's last leg. The helm is here. It's already been said that the price will remain the same. The item is available with no foreseeable end. Time to move on perhaps?

And I say that with a smile on my face. No offense to anyone. Spacetime Studios is a business. It's going to make business-like maneuvers. Expect change. You may not like all the change, but expect it. As I said in my last useless post, it is inevitable.

Last edited by Navygreen; 10-10-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    PL - Navygreen

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Ah see, that post is a lot less useless than the last.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    ^^ Thanks?

Frankly, I think this discussion is on it's last leg. The helm is here. It's already been said that the price will remain the same. The item is available with no foreseeable end. Time to move on perhaps?

And I say that with a smile on my face. No offense to anyone. Spacetime Studios is a business. It's going to make business-like maneuvers. Expect change. You may not like all the change, but expect it. As I said in my last useless post, it is inevitable.

Its not on its last leg this is the beginning like you said of changes, and those are hard to swallow. I started this game for a reason, it was promissing and seemd to go the right way . To find out at lv 56 that all is gonna change just sux

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Do you guys think the 500 plat thing is going in daily deal? If so how much do you think it's going to be?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    As soon as my TY button comes back your getting a visit from the fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrington View Post
    +rep get
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    FOR THE LAST TIME! I can't read minds! Stop down-repping me for no reason!

What are the thanks for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

What are the thanks for?
    Counter balance folks repping you down for no reason.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was originally thinking of buying that Big Luck helm for 75 plat (Which I think is pricey considering just how little it affects re-rolls fir farmers) but I decided against it.

Much like my hopes about the protesters in wall St....I hope the higher ups can get the message and work on things that can make all happy and thus keep all of us in the game..
    CrimsonStaff - Level 61 DexMage
    CrimsonTalon - Level 55 PureDex
    CrimsonPaws- Level 32 DexStr Bear

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

ok........ Now I got more points If I didn't get a bunch of down-reps (probably from same person 2 times) Then I would have 3 bars but whatevers. thanks... This thread is getting Off-topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Do you guys think the 500 plat thing is going in daily deal? If so how much do you think it's going to be?
    Hmm, if I had to guess... 300 plat? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Ah see, that post is a lot less useless than the last.
    Lol, hey I understand

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Its not on its last leg this is the beginning like you said of changes, and those are hard to swallow. I started this game for a reason, it was promissing and seemd to go the right way . To find out at lv 56 that all is gonna change just sux
    Well, what other changes do we know of yet besides Mt. Fang which is going to be free? In a lot of ways, change can be a good thing. Who knows, like someone said above, STS may be doing this as a trial run to see how people react. This might, in turn, force them to rethink the pricing and put up a cool vanity that everyone may be able to afford. We just don't know, but isn't it cool to not know everything? Aren't new vanities surprising and cool at the same time? No matter the price? Extra options, right? I understand though, you play a game for a while and get used to a certain thing only to have something different thrown in your face. I only say expect change so that you're aware that it can happen and most likely will. That way you're prepared for when it does happen.

We also have to understand that we as forum members are a small portion of the people who play this game. There's a lot of people's opinion we haven't heard and they could be great opinions. It seems to me that STS really listens to people and they take everyone's opinion into consideration when making certain moves. For that I think we should be thankful instead of ungrateful for such items (not saying any of you are ungrateful!), you know? I see why they may have priced this helm the way they did, not saying that I totally agree and that I would spend the platinum on it, but I try to run through all possible scenarios before I make a judgement on certain things. My opinion, I think the helm looks cool and will end up being a super-unique item that only a few players possess. That makes it worth the platinum in some people's eyes because they will stand out from the crowd.

Edit: And this discussion is very valid and informative. It gives a good look at how people view such changes. Probably why it's lasted to so long. I'm quite sure the moderators and developers are watching. Don't worry, there will be more content coming. Remember Sam said that there's an "aggressive" calendar of content to be released in both PL and SL in the coming future.

I know I talk a lot.

Last edited by Navygreen; 10-10-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    PL - Navygreen