Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coal antennas for sale on Deal of the Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah ive been playing for a while now but you guys getting mad bout this,its a game and you guys act like the whole game is dead because of vanities,if so go play sl and stop complaining guys no one likes seeing you complain since something is sold,not trying to troll/flame if so sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

As many players feel I believe it is very un-cool to be selling these supposedly 'Exclusive' items on the Deal of The Day. To put it harshly the devs lied to us. They said certain items would be exclusive and now they are selling them for anyone to have. Exclusive items are sposed to say "Hey im wearing this because i participated in a certain event." Now they dont say that anymore. I believe this is construtive criticism if you think otherwise I can edit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Oh hey, it's the domino effect.
    People are starting to react to my threads.
    Also, nicely said Kossi. But badly worded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pls STS stop selling exclusive items!!!, not fair. Remake each contest so the new ppl get the chance to earn them too. Let the item stay exclusive

Ty

JulsAngel - Archer lvl 56 Customized Crown and Armor w/ Sewer King's Bow
    JulsDemon - Enchantress lvl 32 Full Onyx Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    I bet most of you guys wouldn't be complaining if they sold other vanities you missed. At least they are allowing newer players the opportunity to gain these items. They don't lose value because someone pays 20 plat for it. It means you saved 20 plat. I don't get why some people have to act like elitist. I have a founders helm and honestly if they sold it I wouldn't mind. It a least gives newer players equal opportunity to obtain these items. Just because you are an older player it doesn't make you any more qualified to receive them. You may have supported them but so are newer players by buying these daily deals.
    Oh so because items that we had to hunt down the devs for, checking their Facebook and twitter updates, just to get items that can now just be purchased, we're elitists? You can't even use the founders helm as an example since its just that; a founders helmet.

Also, we can't want to have collected items that we wish to stay exclusive, without being labeled as elitists?
    I'm almost positive the devs would make enough without bringing these items back. Don't go around labeling people thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish? They never said that these were ever going to be a one time only thing. You can't blame a company for using this method to gain profit. If you don't like it then don't play it. But since your an old player you won't see it from a newer players perspective. When new people see other people with exclusive items they are discouraged from playing the game. "because I am new therefore I have no opportunity to gain older items" It's not like they are getting the antennas for free like you guys. I don't get why you guys look at this from a negative point of view. It's still money coming out of their pockets.
    /flame shield on
    Watch me get banned for even posting against a GoA.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I really want these antennas but I am saving my plat for costumes in the Halloween event. However these antennas might be available during the Christmas event tho, so I'll wait till that
    exactly what im doing ;0
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish? They never said that these were ever going to be a one time only thing. You can't blame a company for using this method to gain profit. If you don't like it then don't play it. But since your an old player you won't see it from a newer players perspective. When new people see other people with exclusive items they are discouraged from playing the game. "because I am new therefore I have no opportunity to gain older items" It's not like they are getting the antennas for free like you guys. I don't get why you guys look at this from a negative point of view. It's still money coming out of their pockets.
    /flame shield on
    It was never officially said that these items would be a one time thing, but it was implied by the tone of "when the event is over you will no longer be able to wave to get..." that is usually how most events are concluded. STS uses these events to promote a bit of fun as well as a marketing tool to get masses of players in game. Re-releasing the items is alienating a portion of the players (old-timers) but making the new players happy. Your point of not being able to get something that was once offered is quite true, but there are still aspects of the game that are not touched (droid costume, Founders' helm). I never got the fascination with the antenna personally, but players love them so why not offer everyone the opportunity to earn them as others did. Different contests with a similar topic (short writing contest instead of a haiku, or an armor creation contest instead of a weapon of doom) the major thing with me is that some players "earned" those items and others are "buying" them. It may be a small oversight to some but seems huge to me in setting the tone in where these games may be headed.

Oh, and don't worry about getting banned for disagreeing with a GoA... I would have been banned months ago if it were that easy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

We're not god. Going against us wouldn't Deny you access to the pearly gates. Stop being so ignorant

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I have to agree with Prestige here. We never promised, in stone, that such items would never be re-used. We are asked all the time how players can get old items. By adding them to the Deal of the Day, a 24 hour period where you have to pay Platinum to get them, it doesn't make it all that less "exclusive." Take the Red Antenna for example. When I log into Pocket Legends I don't see everyone running around with Red Antenna on. They are still rare. Sure, you'll see more of them for a little while after they're on DotD, but that fades. The same with the holiday items. Sure, everyone will be sporting their holiday items during that holiday and shortly thereafter, but a few months afterwards there will be plenty of new players going "Wow, where did you get THAT!"

We do understand the flip side of the coin, where people want to be proud that they were around and collected all the old stuff. For example, in the coming Halloween event for PL we have removed some of the more "notable" items from the 2010 Halloween event and not re-used them, instead replacing them with new items. But we can't do that for everything - the Art and Design team have a rather full plate with everything else fun and cool that we want to create and bring you to play with.

So, maybe you can shift your viewpoint a bit to "That's cool that STS lets people who really want to get some of the old items a way to do it that doesn't really ruin their exclusivity."?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I still don't get your point. Is it because you are just acting selfish?
    You have a valid point, (and don't worry I read the rest of the post,) but maybe you should view it from an older player's perspective.

--

There were fun events, but as the old proverb says, "It's about the journey, not the destination!" The rewards are nice little trinkits (e.g.: antennae) which remind us of the fun events, and are fun to collect. Now, many people (including myself) didn't get all of them; but we were content, because after all, they were rewards for contests & gatherings that were put into place to bring the community together.

So now, new players can buy those items with money. The reason old players are upset, is because when everyone in PL has [insert color] antennae, the spirit of the original rewards is lost. It no longer is the reward of a fun community event, but rather, a corporate money-making scheme. (no offence to the devs; we all love you guys!)

--

And I would say that new players seeing oldies with exclusive gear (most, merely cosmetic) just inspires them to play, with the hopes that they can get new items from contests which will eventually be rare too. If you just buy them, nobody wins. Like said in The Incredibles, "And when everyone's super... no one will be."
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I don't really see how putting an item on a time limited (24 hour) acquire for Platinum (and not an insignificant amount) "gives that item to everyone". Sure, you'll see a few on the day of the sale and the days after as people show off their new acquisition, but that fades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I don't really see how putting an item on a time limited (24 hour) acquire for Platinum (and not an insignificant amount) "gives that item to everyone". Sure, you'll see a few on the day of the sale and the days after as people show off their new acquisition, but that fades.
    I understand completely. But, just out of curiosity, is there a way to make the old-school items already owned by the oldies, more exclusive. For instance, Buddyf has Green Antennas. Maybe his Green Antennas sparkle. To show they are old players. While you consider putting Green Antennas in DotD, they wouldn't sparkle, as they are not old. Catch my drift? Make the old items recognizable as, old items. Therefore being able to reuse old items,whilst still making everyone happy.... Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It does gives to everyone Sam, remember that players can get free platinum and (24 hour) is enough time for them to use tapjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    And I would say that new players seeing oldies with exclusive gear (most, merely cosmetic) just inspires them to play, with the hopes that they can get new items from contests which will eventually be rare too. If you just buy them, nobody wins. Like said in The Incredibles, "And when everyone's super... no one will be."

I totally agree

JulsAngel - Archer lvl 56 Customized Crown and Armor w/ Sewer King's Bow
    JulsDemon - Enchantress lvl 32 Full Onyx Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Most of these types of things are just about the priciple. We feel that the items' uniqueness is compromised when they're offered for sale, because although not everyone will get it, anyone can. I'm not saying this is a reason STS did something wrong; it's just an explanation of why we feel this way, even if we didn't receive the items ourselves.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

IMO, deal of the day is the worst thing to happen to PL. I'm just waiting for the Founder's Helm to pop up for 200 plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

you know what is funny i stop my can in the highway to wave the droid and they are now for 20 plat if i know that i just wait

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I dont even know what to say.

Its not about new players being cut out. It is about rare and special items. We want to have some stuff in game to be special. It makes it feel like you personalized your game to players at the time of the event. To me its a nice Thank You! from STS.
    Selling items that were made and ment for events(STS linked these items to the events). It gives me a bad feeling inside.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

the coming Halloween event for PL we have removed some of the more "notable" items from the 2010 Halloween event and not re-used them, instead replacing them with new items. But we can't do that for everything - the Art and Design team have a rather full plate with everything else fun and cool that we want to create and bring you to play with.
    I know you guys are busy but come on these days come once a year I feel like it's a lack of effort on sts part. I personally see more loss then gain from releasing old content back into the game, nobody wants old content. I don't own any halloween vanities and very few christmas. I want it to stay that way and never have that opportunity. Now if you guys where to re-release any holiday tradable item back in the game, that would truly effect the player. For example I'm going to buy 1million gold in holiday gear, for you guys to release it back in the game to be obtain for 20k the next day just to make someone who didn't play sts games back then happy. I spent the last 10 months collecting these so called "discontinued holiday items" and so have many other player, it would be a shame to to see them return....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to darkfussion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sam, with all due respect, usually in most MMOs it is traditional that discontinued items remain discontinued. I know it sucks for the players who missed them, but they can go on without them. I am saying this while missing a few halloween items that I didn't bother to collect during the day of the event. Deal of the day, while I buy them, I would rather not have the opportunity to. I appreciate the fact that you are allowing players to have a chance at the items, I really do, but sometimes missed opportunities really need to stay as a missed opportunities.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-16-2011 at 09:28 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List