Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Int skill damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Because the different types of classes generally have the core skills, which add the most skill damage; exception is bear, where dex gives about 1% on average more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

The only possible reason u'd go intel, is for using the blast staff at lvl 51-55 in sewers. When you beckon the mob in the a wall the aoe from blast staff kills it in two hits. Other than sewers - dex all the way. Str is only good in pvp.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blindmaster View Post
    The only possible reason u'd go intel, is for using the blast staff at lvl 51-55 in sewers. When you beckon the mob in the a wall the aoe from blast staff kills it in two hits. Other than sewers - dex all the way. Str is only good in pvp.
    I have to disagree. I run pure int. AOE skill damage with a staff at level 61 is unmatched. Throw in a 4x elixir. Nuff Said!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dunno why anyone will want to make an Int bear anyway. Low dps, almost as weak armor, low health regen etc. Skill dam remains the same as a full strength bear would. Probably higher by a BIT. But please ask yourself: is it really worth it to have slightly higher skill dam (20-40 higher, i guess), and lose all specs like crit, regen(health), armor, hit etc.
    If ur answer is yes, then theres nothing i can say except: have fun dying in PL! No pun intended...
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    Dunno why anyone will want to make an Int bear anyway. Low dps, almost as weak armor, low health regen etc. Skill dam remains the same as a full strength bear would. Probably higher by a BIT. But please ask yourself: is it really worth it to have slightly higher skill dam (20-40 higher, i guess), and lose all specs like crit, regen(health), armor, hit etc.
    If ur answer is yes, then theres nothing i can say except: have fun dying in PL! No pun intended...
    **Everything I am saying below is for PvE purposes, NOT PvP**

My bear, Kiitz, is currently an Int/Dex bear, and there are many pros as well as cons. From the sound of it, you have never played an int bear and probably have formed your opinions based on what you've read on the forums, where for a strange reason there is an overall negative feeling toward int bears.

The damage potential for an int bear is not the same as a full strength bear by any stretch of the imagination. Full strength bears have the lowest damage potential for basically any class/spec set up and I am going to put my neck out there by saying that a well played Int/Dex bear will be the best mob killing spec for any bear with the highest damage potential against groups of enemies. The biggest difference and really ONLY reason to have any int in your bear build will be so that you can equip fire based staffs with AOE effects. Equipping AOE staffs has 2 main effects:

1.) Your skill damage goes up quite a bit because you are using a 2 handed staff which for some reason seems to translate a lot of DPS into skill damage (much like bows, X-bows, etc).
    2.) Your auto attack now has the ability to trigger an AOE attack which its extremely effective at killing tight groups of enemies.

Obviously, bears are amazing at grouping up enemies into tight groups, so combining that innate ability to group enemies with an autoattack that mows down tightly grouped enemies is a recepie for an amazing mob killing machine.

The downsides:
    There are downsides to speccing out of strength. We can assume that the 2 options you are choosing between are int/dex and str/dex, the most popular spec for serious end-game bears. You are giving up some health, armor and dodge which makes it harder to stay alive. An int bear is more difficult to play because the margin for error is smaller. You must keep your eye on your health bar and be ready to spam pots in a moments notice.

The reality of it is that this is not that much difference from someone playing a str/dex bear wearing their dex loadout, and spamming pots will not be new to anyone looking for the extra damage edge by sacrificing some of their survivability.

Further, there are many things that can be done to increase your overall survivability. I am going to talk about Haunted Symphony because that is one of the main maps being run for experience, and it also happens to be one of the easiest maps to die in due to the dreaded Tomb-Stone.

Obvious ways to increase survivability is to rotate cooldowns and time cooldowns. This is basic so I am not going to go into further detail.

The biggest tool a bear has for staying alive is actually just keeping the mobs stunned while they are being killed. Beckon (stun), Stop (stun), hell scream (mini stun). It leaves you and your team a good 3-4 seconds of stun-time to kill everything. The only dangerous part then, is getting into position.

A big factor, which I see many people ignoring is that tomb-stones only come from the zombies, which ONLY have melee attacks and have extremely low rates of movement. All you have to do is avoid moving into melee range of specifically the zombies when moving into position. The skeleton archers have death-shot, but it does not hit as hard as tomb-stone and can easily be potted through.

After writing all of this, I think I should just put together a guide on the int bear and take the time to take the pictures and spend a few plat to respec back and forth to show you guys the differences. I'm surprised I haven't seen Conradin in here telling us he has been meaning to put together a guide. (JUST KIDDING!) Also, shout out to the OG int bear, Htiek. I originally saw him with something insane, like 100k kill to a few hundred death ratio and only looked into int bear because I found out that was how he achieved it.

Kiitz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post

My bear, Kiitz, is currently an Int/Dex bear, and there are many pros as well as cons. From the sound of it, you have never played an int bear and probably have formed your opinions based on what you've read on the forums, where for a strange reason there is an overall negative feeling toward int bears.

The damage potential for an int bear is not the same as a full strength bear by any stretch of the imagination. Full strength bears have the lowest damage potential for basically any class/spec set up and I am going to put my neck out there by saying that a well played Int/Dex bear will be the best mob killing spec for any bear with the highest damage potential against groups of enemies. The biggest difference and really ONLY reason to have any int in your bear build will be so that you can equip fire based staffs with AOE effects. Equipping AOE staffs has 2 main effects:

1.) Your skill damage goes up quite a bit because you are using a 2 handed staff which for some reason seems to translate a lot of DPS into skill damage (much like bows, X-bows, etc).
    2.) Your auto attack now has the ability to trigger an AOE attack which its extremely effective at killing tight groups of enemies.

Obviously, bears are amazing at grouping up enemies into tight groups, so combining that innate ability to group enemies with an autoattack that mows down tightly grouped enemies is a recepie for an amazing mob killing machine.

The downsides:
    There are downsides to speccing out of strength. We can assume that the 2 options you are choosing between are int/dex and str/dex, the most popular spec for serious end-game bears. You are giving up some health, armor and dodge which makes it harder to stay alive. An int bear is more difficult to play because the margin for error is smaller. You must keep your eye on your health bar and be ready to spam pots in a moments notice.

The reality of it is that this is not that much difference from someone playing a str/dex bear wearing their dex loadout, and spamming pots will not be new to anyone looking for the extra damage edge by sacrificing some of their survivability.

Further, there are many things that can be done to increase your overall survivability. I am going to talk about Haunted Symphony because that is one of the main maps being run for experience, and it also happens to be one of the easiest maps to die in due to the dreaded Tomb-Stone.

Obvious ways to increase survivability is to rotate cooldowns and time cooldowns. This is basic so I am not going to go into further detail.

The biggest tool a bear has for staying alive is actually just keeping the mobs stunned while they are being killed. Beckon (stun), Stop (stun), hell scream (mini stun). It leaves you and your team a good 3-4 seconds of stun-time to kill everything. The only dangerous part then, is getting into position.

A big factor, which I see many people ignoring is that tomb-stones only come from the zombies, which ONLY have melee attacks and have extremely low rates of movement. All you have to do is avoid moving into melee range of specifically the zombies when moving into position. The skeleton archers have death-shot, but it does not hit as hard as tomb-stone and can easily be potted through.

After writing all of this, I think I should just put together a guide on the int bear and take the time to take the pictures and spend a few plat to respec back and forth to show you guys the differences. I'm surprised I haven't seen Conradin in here telling us he has been meaning to put together a guide. (JUST KIDDING!) Also, shout out to the OG int bear, Htiek. I originally saw him with something insane, like 100k kill to a few hundred death ratio and only looked into int bear because I found out that was how he achieved it.

Kiitz
    Lol that is sufficent enough to be a quick guide.
    But what u said is true. all i said r based on forum posts and whatnot. I have not REALLY played a int bear before, though i tried it once as an experimental build.(trying to be honest here) And, also, i didnt know u were talking bout pve, cuz in pvp its not gonna help with a int bear. But on personal opinion i still think that bears dont need the int to fight at all. Anyways, these things like stats and builds are all based on personal preference. If u insist on int bear, then go for it man!
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    Lol that is sufficent enough to be a quick guide.
    But what u said is true. all i said r based on forum posts and whatnot. I have not REALLY played a int bear before, though i tried it once as an experimental build.(trying to be honest here) And, also, i didnt know u were talking bout pve, cuz in pvp its not gonna help with a int bear. But on personal opinion i still think that bears dont need the int to fight at all. Anyways, these things like stats and builds are all based on personal preference. If u insist on int bear, then go for it man!
    Haha, thanks. Yeah, Int bear in PvP is pretty worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    As a general rule:

- For mages, int adds the most skill damage, with high variance. Dex adds quite a bit too, but not as high, although the variance is less. Str adds the least.
    - For bears and especially birds, dex adds the most.
    With actual testing by JaytB, a dex mage with the Archer Set does has more damage for the skills.

Also, INT has different effects on each different class.
    Just like DEX and STR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post

The downsides:

Kiitz
    Nah, Htiek just had lots of time on his hands.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Respecced today and love it! Definetly does most damage, although most squishy build for bear. I do not recommend for bears that arent experienced. Think bow bear that does more damage but with less armor. Current point allocation is 140 int, rest dex. Try it, youll be surprised how much damage you do.
    My 2 cents.
    Drekkthar 71 Bear, Arthhas 71 Bird, Ilune 71 Mage,
    Dexxthar 66, Ililith 61, Arthhy 56, Ilunie 51, Arthhaz 41, Iluney 36, Drekky 22, Dexximus 16, Dexxlyn 10, Klusterduck 10