Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of scaled farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Since most has been said already, I'll simply say I regret the choice that STS made. Understandable for new players? Maybe. But a lot of hardcore scaled farmers aren't happy with these changes, including me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

K after a very long absence I'm back guys! and I think that pocket legends is pocket legends and star legends is star legends and that both of the games main technical features shouldn't be merged. It wouldn't make sense unless robots come to pl and they change the name to star pocket legends..
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I agree this sucks. I made an "open letter to the devs" thread last week asking them not to adapt this new system to PL. Drew, Gluttony, and myself were practically the only ones speaking out against it. If all you guys feel this way I wish you would have voiced your opinions then instead of waiting until it was implemented and too late.
    It's such a shame that players were against us when we tried to voice our opinions about this before the implementation, if players had siad something when who knows what would have happened. Too bad it was just an op an two users raging out so numerous players missed the Rob, Drew and Glut band wagon. The aftermath it's getting quite a bit of press but that train has left the station. The devs have changed their minds on how things work before, now all we can do is hope that it was yet another mistake of merging SL with PL code. Where was all this love a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the good thoughts on both sides of the fence.
    I just revisited the thread and realized that Sam thanked everyone for the thoughts on both sides, guess the side for won or maybe just the side that Gluttony joins is bound to lose. I'm going to stick to the thoughts that sure this will make gear easier to obtain and make the game overall more playable for new players, but earning gold is going to be tougher than ever and without a gold sink those with multiple gold capped toons will rule the marketplace.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Just an FYI, but in the old way, 51 AND 52 would get 51 items. And 48 to 50 would also get 51 drops. How do I know? Because I ran in organized 52 parties and we would kick out everybody 53+. We still got level 51 drops. I started doing that at 48 even.

Oh, and 53 items would drop as high as 54.

But really this affects PL negatively, since now people can't farm up their next level gear while leveling up if there's gear brackets. This will drive the prices of the higher end gear up, because only people of that level or level capped characters can get it. This is a horrible change for PL because the item level ranges are more broad.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-16-2011 at 11:00 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Well that make my 51 fury/royal set lame

Scaled farming was one of the most enjoyable things for me in PL, hate to see it discarded.

I was wondering cuz Mt Fang dropped unusually, but now i guess its official

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

This is sickening. I've got 4 twinks that are useless now. My gf and I locked at 56 to farm the sets. Being short of strongmans mace and shield and obedience bow, we would have all said 56 sets. Now with this change just as well turn xp back on and max level. Thus being bored.
    Thinking I'll be moving to World of Midgard when it's released. I'm set for beta testing it in January. Love PL but in my 6 months of playing it just keeps going down hill.
    If I had seen the thread mentioned about this before it was implemented, I would've voiced my opinion. I am truly sad.
    Last edited by Battlelock; 11-16-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think this will affect a lot of the play as well once the information trickles down.

What I mean is that players will most likely now grind to the low lvl cap (e.g. 55, 60, 65, etc.) before trying to get loot.

Of course, farmers and people with twinks may still try to farm the gear, but for the most part I think the most popular gear is the endgame version.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    ... or maybe just the side that Gluttony joins is bound to lose.
    Maybe but your banner is still hilarious every time I see it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unfortunate. It will definitely change economics, and increase the difficulty of getting top level gear.
    I think this is the end of group farming for lower level gear. To those I farmed 51 with over the past several months untilllast week, it was some of my favorite PL memories. Some good groups, and some great people!
    To the devs, interesting choice, and hopefully good comes of this. Perhaps less booting in higher level maps? Hope so, although I suspect not. I would suggest adding set bonus to scaled gear to retain value, and encourage collecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

what it means is that low level twink farming is obsolete and top end gear will be harder to get. Right now the xp requirements are lowered but at the end of November they'll go back to normal. So after you mindless grind out 10k xp + per level to reach max what are you rewarded with? More mindless grinding to get the gear you want because the gear you gathered isn't 65 it's 61 and 63 and it sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Sigh guess ill lvl all my characters to 65 now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Riccits - I don't have anything more to add to this other than to agree with you. Everyone else has said it so well. It all makes me sad. Change is hard. The end of an era.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I may be misreading this but from how I understand it to be is drops are based to your level now. In Mt. Fang level 58-61 receive level 61 gear, level 62 & 63 players receive level 63 items, level 64-66 receive level 65 items.
    If your 65-66 you'll still receive 65 gear correct? So what I'm saying is endgame gear isn't necessarily gonna be the goal. It's still gonna be easily farmed. Its just the 61 gear isn't gonna be as hard or worth as much to farm.
    Or am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oups, I spend about 8 mil in Mt. Fang lvl 61 gear.
    Do I have a problem now?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

yes, because L61 gear is the "common" gear.

surely you must have bought multiples to have spent so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock View Post
    I may be misreading this but from how I understand it to be is drops are based to your level now. In Mt. Fang level 58-61 receive level 61 gear, level 62 & 63 players receive level 63 items, level 64-66 receive level 65 items.
    If your 65-66 you'll still receive 65 gear correct? So what I'm saying is endgame gear isn't necessarily gonna be the goal. It's still gonna be easily farmed. Its just the 61 gear isn't gonna be as hard or worth as much to farm.
    Or am I missing something?
    In the past the gear scaled to the highest level in the party so if you have 1 level 65 and the rest 60's then everyone received level 65 drops. So you had 5 levels to loot the gear you want. Now you don't start receiving level 65 gear until you are 64 which gives you one level to loot all the gear you need (if you want to equip the gear at 65). To me that says end game gear will be 5 times rarer than it was before. Most regular players aren't going to be able to afford end game sets anymore. You'll see people wearing mixed and matched level 61, 63 and 65 pinks but you won't see the sparkles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@drewcapu
    lol, I talk about pink gear. You dont know that?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tetraeder View Post
    @drewcapu
    lol, I talk about pink gear. You dont know that?
    Yep. There's a such thing as common pink gear also.
    Relatively speaking, of course.

Let's take Nuri for example.

Where before it was the L60 Glyphs that dropped the most due to the drop logic, the next generation of players will be dropping more of the L56 Glyphs.

Speculate all you want how that may affect CS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I just see it as all gear dropping equally and therefore no real big $ in game for items. Brings a balance to drops and rates but ruined the rarity of twink farming.
    brings to mind the need to plat/elixir to be at top for the best gear and prices.
    Greed consumes all.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlelock For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default @ Robert7204 and Gluttony

I wouldn't take a lack of response to your thread personally; I think those that are speaking out now would have done so before if the thread title conveyed the specific topic like Riccit's title vs. "an open letter." It's unfortunate that it did get overlooked because it seems the twink/scale farmers except for a few on your thread, dislike (to put it mildly) this new change.

I personally did NOT know what was going on until Fang, I got super excited when I got a wand for my mage, the whole group celebrated with me…only to be disappointed when I went to check stats it was a 61. (I know, a pink is a pink and I should still be excited) I felt like a bait and switch happened. I think I pm'd everyone I knew that had a twink, to confirm WTH happened and vented most of my shorthand profanity then, and am finally getting to do the same in a platform meant to be seen by devs.

My sympathies go out to you for trying to proactively prevent this cursed change. In the future, and I think we should all take note, specify the subject matter in thread title, urge in game friends to be VOCAL about their opinion, and hope the devs base their decision on the true consensus.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kallima For This Useful Post: