Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts about how difficult monsters are at the end game in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I think, in part, some of the design philosophies from Star Legends are bleeding in a bit to the latest content, so that might be why it's not quite as solo friendly. Find a group (or duo, or well, more than one) and I think you'll see that things get a lot easier.

Regardless, I've added your feedback into my latest round-up for the design team to consider. Thanks again for posting your thoughts.

PS. I changed your title to be more accurate to what your thread was about.
    This would help, It would keep "me" playing more in PL. SL is better for overall play because if you just want to play (one-2 levels solo. next 3-5 lv need a team), EG: from SL ATM, you can solo first two in shipyard. but the rest of shipyard is ment for the team. I would love to see a difficulty from low to high as you progress through a campaign. my 2 gold coins
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Thank you Samhayne and everyone else who shared their thoughts and replies.
    The reason I'm discussing how soloing is impossible is because I need to unlock new maps in NH, so I join an almost completed game. However, nobody ever completes the levels, which results to them leaving. So there I am in Haunted Symphony with only 7 mobs till I can clear the level. I don't want to trouble anybody by asking them to help kill 7 mobs so I can move on to the next level. Perhaps your team could take away the restriction (in which you need to clear the previous map) as it is very tedious when hardly nobody goes to NH.

Also I would like to point out, elixirs are still active during loading screen when joining a game. If you're lagging, boom, 15 seconds gone. I know it's not a lot but it adds up overtime and before you know it, you've just lost a half hour pot. STS you might want to check this out.

Thanks.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

As a bird u do have better range than mobs and they do not have a move to pull u in, so just kite

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have to say that I'm loosing interest in PL. This is because there are no new game mechanics. Recently I am moving to a PC MMORPG, not for the graphics, but mainly for the lack of things to do besides grinding and farming. I can list you a few.

- Quests that actually give you some XP compensation, lower level campaigns should give less EXP, while higher level one should give more. As someone has stated in this forum, questing should guide our grinding, to give it a meaning. In my head after I finish all quests in a zone I should have reached the MAX level (not the elite level) for that campaign. This means quests should get longer to be turned in, as the level raises. There could be even a quest that continues thorugh campaigns.

- More uniqueness to the ambience. We are seeing now that some of the newest dungeons are a copy-paste of the same campaigns at lower levels. Here I am not asking for astonishing levels from a graphical point of view (there are a lot of PC MMORPG for that), rather details that give you the feel to walk into different camapigns.

- More unique mobs. Cyclops, werevolves, elementals, just to name a few. There are so many we can take inspiration from, we don't have to re-invent the wheel after all.

- More uniqueness to the trash, uncommon, rare and epic items. From Nuri we are seeing a recycling of the old AO3 items with just the name changed.

- A better crafting system. We had at least 3 campaigns to evolve this aspect in-game to see it unchanged so far. There should be room for gathering primary resources (not only drops from mobs in the dungeons) for using with crafting recipes. I would like to see more general recipes that gives better stat to the actual non-legendary equipment.

- Define a pet system. We have some pets in-game that are just Vanities, it would be interesting that we could make grind our pets, maybe with pet-oriented quests from the campaigns. Maybe we could introduce a system to gather pet eggs and breed them somehow. They would never assist us in battle, but rather give us a boost in our stats.

- Professions. This is just an appendix to the crafting system.

As you have seen I've never mentioned graphics per se. What PL needs now, IMHO, is to stop dishing out new campaings and give more game dynamics. I don't know if my fellow forum coleagues agree with me, though.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 11-23-2011 at 01:13 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazgulking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Thank you Samhayne and everyone else who shared their thoughts and replies.
    The reason I'm discussing how soloing is impossible is because I need to unlock new maps in NH, so I join an almost completed game. However, nobody ever completes the levels, which results to them leaving. So there I am in Haunted Symphony with only 7 mobs till I can clear the level. I don't want to trouble anybody by asking them to help kill 7 mobs so I can move on to the next level. Perhaps your team could take away the restriction (in which you need to clear the previous map) as it is very tedious when hardly nobody goes to NH.

Also I would like to point out, elixirs are still active during loading screen when joining a game. If you're lagging, boom, 15 seconds gone. I know it's not a lot but it adds up overtime and before you know it, you've just lost a half hour pot. STS you might want to check this out.

Thanks.
    We'll get you there Bean! Be on tonight and we'll get Nuris Hallows cleared for you!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    We'll get you there Bean! Be on tonight and we'll get Nuris Hallows cleared for you!

Thank you for you time an effort but because of time zones, my playing/sleeping time is your working time:P

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Thank you for you time an effort but because of time zones, my playing/sleeping time is your working time:P
    K. I have the next four days off though!

PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    I have to say that I'm loosing interest in PL. This is because there are no new game mechanics. Recently I am moving to a PC MMORPG, not for the graphics, but mainly for the lack of things to do besides grinding and farming. I can list you a few.

- Quests that actually give you some XP compensation, lower level campaigns should give less EXP, while higher level one should give more. As someone has stated in this forum, questing should guide our grinding, to give it a meaning. In my head after I finish all quests in a zone I should have reached the MAX level (not the elite level) for that campaign. This means quests should get longer to be turned in, as the level raises. There could be even a quest that continues thorugh campaigns.

- More uniqueness to the ambience. We are seeing now that some of the newest dungeons are a copy-paste of the same campaigns at lower levels. Here I am not asking for astonishing levels from a graphical point of view (there are a lot of PC MMORPG for that), rather details that give you the feel to walk into different camapigns.

- More unique mobs. Cyclops, werevolves, elementals, just to name a few. There are so many we can take inspiration from, we don't have to re-invent the wheel after all.

- More uniqueness to the trash, uncommon, rare and epic items. From Nuri we are seeing a recycling of the old AO3 items with just the name changed.

- A better crafting system. We had at least 3 campaigns to evolve this aspect in-game to see it unchanged so far. There should be room for gathering primary resources (not only drops from mobs in the dungeons) for using with crafting recipes. I would like to see more general recipes that gives better stat to the actual non-legendary equipment.

- Define a pet system. We have some pets in-game that are just Vanities, it would be interesting that we could make grind our pets, maybe with pet-oriented quests from the campaigns. Maybe we could introduce a system to gather pet eggs and breed them somehow. They would never assist us in battle, but rather give us a boost in our stats.

As you have seen I've never mentioned graphics per se. What PL needs now, IMHO, is to stop dishing out new campaings and give more game dynamics. I don't know if my fellow forum coleagues agree with me, though.

yup ive moved on already i play mostly on my xbox 360 and my pc as for my ipod and iphone they just sit there for gathering dust ....
    ahhh hey PM for what type a game you wanna play i got many mmorpg games... we can play

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking:490118

Agreed with all of these points, they really should add new flavours to this game.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness