Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: No new guardians picked in a while?

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I wanna be controversial too!

I hereby decree that anyone who wants to be a GOA has to go through me!!! Fight me ig 1/1! Muahaha.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Post posts with some fancy words every now and then and *bam* your a GoA. :O
    Funny, I thought you said you were above this.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

To become guardian being helpful is not enough to become one. Many players are helpful in game however recognition will not happen due to the lack of participation in forums and other links.

In my view there are several in game players no super active in forums who are the heart of the guardian ideal

To those old school players who give, bless, teach, guide and play to assist others daily! Congrats!!! Without you many would not be in pl.

I agree with a former post here Parth and Elly both exemplify the honor
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Cascade... Just stop.

On topic, anyone that's been appointed guardian has deserved it at a point. It's not a role, it's a reward. They're not entitled to stay just because they got a shield, hell, I've even been on hiatus a few times so does that mean I was only playing for a shield? They usually do come back; King Richie was I game 2 days ago and said he was going to frequent the game now.

Stop making assumptions on the motives of some of the players with no solid proof. That's just rude and inconsiderate.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 12-01-2011 at 10:19 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Post posts with some fancy words every now and then and *bam* your a GoA. :O
    Bro, you do realize that you make yourself look like your holding a grudge. Right? Not sure that is what you are trying to do...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Funny, I thought you said you were above this.

I was talking about the mister 'green' text.

@stomp No, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I'm holding a grudge.
    Last edited by Cascade; 12-01-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I fully agree that the "green" font player was unworthy.

I would support a motion to strip this player of their GoA status. Yes I mean this. The player did considerably less to "earn" their GoA then others did (not to mention less than many who don't have a GoA) and left shortly after.
    Why are people so judgemental. Fact is, if you go back and read his posts, they were great, at least the ones I remember.

I agree, the GoA is more than just a thank you/reward. But if someone left right after recieving the honor, they had a good reason. I am sure a VERY GOOD reason. People who are upset at this are mainly upset because they aren't a GoA (or someone they like).

Long rants about green text or playing pvp are just vicious attempts at trying to get GoA themselves or for someone they like.

In game, I got a pet peeve also. I really dislike most computer generated names, lol. People are gonna play their toons for a long time, why don't they take the time to pick a name that means something to them. Most are hard to spell if you trying to send them a tell, etc., lol.

Should I come onto the forums with some ridiculous rant about how people who didn't take the time to pick a meaningful name shouldn't be GoA? I can try to read their minds and say, well obviously since they didn't take that few minutes to come up with a "good" name, they obviously don't care as much about the game as those with "good" names.

Wouldn't that be stupid? Yes, it would be, because, a toon's name, the color of a player's text or wether or not they play pvp have nothing to do with GoA qualities.

None of us are the center of the universe. So, just cause the devs pick someone that for some reason you just have to hate on and "frown upon" and look down upon, doesn't mean they shouldn't be GoA.

I looked at the list of GoAs. I find it hard to believe that anyone hates/dislikes/frowns upon/judges ANY of them. They are really awesome people. Why do people spend so much time spreading negative energy. Do you agree with every little thing they have said, maybe not, but SO WHAT.

Just cause me and some other player hasn't had some complete mind meld so that now we think exactly alike doesn't mean they shouldn't be GoA.

So, if you mad because you (or a friend) is not GoA, please don't come on the forum with some long rant about issues that aren't even important or just pick out people to spread hate.

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA:498140

I agree with a former post here Parth and Elly both exemplify the honor
    Yes! Agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:498154
    Stop making assumptions on the motives of some of the players with no solid proof. That's just rude and inconsiderate.
    I agree. Not only is it rude and inconsiderate, but it is impossible. I is impossible to read someone's mind. To suggest that someone "had clear intentions" to spam posts to only get the honor then to leave is ridic. There was never any clear intentions of that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:497504
    Like Necro said, I think the devs should pick people that have been on forums/in-game a certain amount of months.
    That's a bit biased though, IMO. There are plenty of members that are new and know A LOT more about the game than many forum members on here. Why should those potential candidates be excluded.

The only issue I have is when people ask me how to become a GoA (Or don't ask, but clearly exhibit it). Then a few hours later, I see them posting multiple threads containing half-written guides or daily threads just in hopes of becoming GoA. Maybe I should be more precise in the future. Those who help are great people. Those who put PASSION and TIME into their help are the ones that get distinguished as GoA. No amount of half-written guides/rushed posts are going to get it. Posts should be insightful and well thought out, not random thoughts that are harder to decipher than the Rosenberg Bridge Theory.

NOTE: This is just a trend I noticed; I could be wrong.
    Totally, agre with this. This is an example of what he is talking about. A post that is well thought out and the poster put some actual energy and thought into it. It is useful and not some hateful pile of verbiage.

GoA is obviously more than just a reward. It's that, but so much more. It is very important. I think the GoAs we have are awesome. And the people that are being nominated in this thread are also awesome. I wish everyone luck!!!
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Awesome post, but unfortunately I've hit the Thank cap for the day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Aikeibo, perhaps you're misunderstanding the "green Text" thing; were not upset about the color of his text, just simply using the color of his text as a clear but still discreet way of referencing that person. Again, were not upset about the color of his posts or the content within them, but simply the fact that *WE* (certain members of the forum including myself) disagreed with the dev's decision in choosing him. Yes, we can't do anything about it and we have no say in the choice, but yes, we can choose to disagree with it, just as you choose to disagree with our posts.

As I've said before, I enjoy your posts because they're always very insightful and well thought out even though we often disagree within our respective posts. I know you're not flaming or fighting, but arguing and debating.

-------AEO-------

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Think about the green text this way. The user was Navygreen. He obviously liked the color green. Why not post in green? What's wrong with that? He even posted helpfully. There is NOTHING wrong with posting in your favorite color. Like now I am using orange as an example. You can use the color you want. I don't think the devs even cared about his green text, the devs read everything before they comment. They of course read all a GOA recruits posts. My point is, there is nothing wrong with doing a habit you like to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Again... It wasn't about the color of his posts, I thought my previous post clarified this..
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 12-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Again... It wasn't about the color of his posts, I thought my previous post clarified this..
    It did?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

oh hamburgers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

spaghetti!!!!

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    ...... They of course read all a GOA recruits posts......
    I'm sure everyone is fully aware, but just in case anyone wasn't, forum posts are only a small part of the evidence which is taken into consideration by STS. So, it is very possible that the evidence which is visible to the community could give one impression when much of the non-visible evidence could paint an entirely different picture.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is just because someone appears to be worthy or not, we, the community, don't have access to anywhere near the same amount of evidence that STS does and therefore can't possibly hold a valid opinion on anything but our individual experiences of said individuals.

I fully agree with much of the above debate, and most of the nominations but I'm thinking we need to remember the GoA reward is a reward from STS to players for their 'above normal' contribution to the community. It's not owned by the community. Despite many previous threads STS have rarely commented publicly on the discussions about the GoA reward. So, my personal conclusion is if you have anything to say about the programme maybe consider sending it direct to them because whilst most people have remained constructive some haven't and I'm not sure what possible positive outcome could come from some of the things some people have written above.

End of boring bit but just wanted clarify we don't see loads of the stuff the dev do cos it seems to have be overlooked....

Was gonna change to green font but frightened to now.....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Dont do it, other wise we won't like you Red!!!! lol

(*makes joke about self*)

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by necroreaper View Post
    dont do it, other wise we won't like you red!!!! Lol

(*makes joke about self*)
    lol....gulp....
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Think about the green text this way. The user was Navygreen. He obviously liked the color green. Why not post in green? What's wrong with that? He even posted helpfully. There is NOTHING wrong with posting in your favorite color. Like now I am using orange as an example. You can use the color you want. I don't think the devs even cared about his green text, the devs read everything before they comment. They of course read all a GOA recruits posts. My point is, there is nothing wrong with doing a habit you like to do.
    NavyGreen was a girl lol

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    NavyGreen was a girl lol
    Grats... you are making this thread EVEN MORE irrelevant than it already was. Lol... :-l

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Grats... you are making this thread EVEN MORE irrelevant than it already was. Lol... :-l
    yw(: