Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: No new guardians picked in a while?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Do we really know what a player does to gain GoA? It's not just about forum presence, but what they do in game as well. I cannot say for sure that anyone who was bestowed with the title of Guardian of Alterra is undeserving. The devs made the choice and we all have to live with it; no take backs, double stamp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Do we really know what a player does to gain GoA? It's not just about forum presence, but what they do in game as well. I cannot say for sure that anyone who was bestowed with the title of Guardian of Alterra is undeserving. The devs made the choice and we all have to live with it; no take backs, double stamp!

Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behaviour.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behavior.
    Yep, like if they spam forums and put a bunch of inappropriate stuff.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Actually, the devs can take back their title if they are showing un-GoA behaviour.
    Only GOA I know of that was stripped of their title was violating TOS. As to what they did, I have no idea, just like NONE of us know what any guardians did to earn their shield. Why? Because we are not devs and do not have access to everything people do. We have no idea what PMs a forum user sent to devs. We don't have forum chat logs so we don't know who helps there or conversations they had with devs. We don't see in game chat logs for peoples alts. All we see is what what we are supposed to see, and sometimes what we don't see is much more important.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I didn't know someone got stripped of their title. :0

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Yep, like if they spam forums.
    Spam is banworthy, Gluttony loves Spam!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    NavyGreen was a girl lol
    Actually, I believe navy is a guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Spam is banworthy, Gluttony loves Spam!

Omg I love spam!!!! I had some today... And yesterday.... And the day before....

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    i think once she told me she was a mother....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I'm sure the Devs will pick more Guardians when they find the right candidates =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I thought the same. I couldn't find anything of him/her stating her gender, all I found was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Wow!

I don't know what to say man. Thank goodness you're ok. So what does this mean for you? Insurance covered, obviously? Hopefully? Because there was a recall, does that mean a replacement? Where to go from here? That sucks, dude.
    May be a stereotypical statement here, but guys usually refer to other guys as "man" and "dude". Not much evidence, but then again, I suck at searching posts, so there may be something out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:498540
    Again... It wasn't about the color of his posts, I thought my previous post clarified this..
    Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:498298
    Aikeibo, perhaps you're misunderstanding the "green Text" thing; were not upset about the color of his text, just simply using the color of his text as a clear but still discreet way of referencing that person. Again, were not upset about the color of his posts or the content within them,
    Maybe not now, cuz ranting about post color seems so silly now, but originally, many people said that was the problem or part of the problem. So, that is why me and some others are responding the way we are. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:497205
    The green colour refers to one player who did exactly what Absolutepally described, not calling out names. Different coloured font make the posts (and therefor the name) stand out from the others. I'd be happy if everyone would use black btw, since it's the easiest to read, and nobody needs to make his post "Special" by the font, but rather by the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:496487
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Anyone can come here post in every single thread in green font for a couple weeks and get it... Then never be seen again. It does undermine the program.
    This^^^

I chuckled to my self because it's the same exact thing I've been thinking ever since it happened
    But, I'm glad we are past this silly stuff about post color now.

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:497574
    I didn't say that they should be on the forums for a while, just that in that case he made a very brief appearance. As Parth said, it wouldn't be fair to others if the program was excluded only to senior/older forum members. And even then, a bunch of the older members aren't even close to being GOA material while some of the newer ones are.
    I agree with you. There is no legitimate reason to hate on green text guy. The green color text not important. Only being on forum two months not important.

(Prob in game lot longer).

When you look at his posts, you see no hint, not even a whisper of malice or negative energy towards anything. You see someone who loves the game and has a protective spirit (hmm.... Guardian = one who protects), and is very knowledgable. Many of his posts are short, very short. But so are yours and most other people's. I can see very clearly why he was choosen GoA.

But, my bigger point is, why are so many people spreading hate about this guy and the program in general? People are bitter cuz they or their friends not appointed, others wanting to know if AoAs will get"promoted" and become GoAs, lol. Many people with hidden or semi-hiden agendas.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all - remember that from Zheotare's thread.

The devs gave us what could be considered: ::annoyingharpmusic:: A Wonderful Gift ::annoyingharpmusic:: The Private Message ::annoyingharpmusic::

They gave us that ability because they were hoping we would use it.

Way early in this thread, someone nominated a forum member. Right away someone RUDELY suggested that he didn't deserve the honor. I was like, omg, who --- how --- is it even possible that someone doesn't like this guy (the one that was nominated).

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. Or use. ... well I'd suggest sending a private message to the devs, but then we'd have to hear that annoying harp music again.

Oh, and btw, it is really insulting to say that the devs were tricked or manipulated by some device. I can garantee that that did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:497451
    Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    It was as Gaunab said, it found it funny/upsetting that that person simply left and hasn't been active since 10.22.11, essentially right after he got his GOA "award," and especially since he was only part of the community for only about 2 months. He just showed up, got it, and left. It simply does not do justice to those who have worked so hard with no want of reciprocation for so long while this one person comes in, spam posts with a clear intent for wanting to get the status and magically gets becomes GOA then leaves while the rest of us are left wondering why/how.

The person left for personal issues. Just bad timing...
    Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:497460
    Thanks for the heads up Stomp
    See, now we know what really happened. He didn't spam green text just to get the honor so that he could then scurry off. It's only been five weeks since he has been active. He is probably going to come back.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-01-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

People disagree with him being chosen for totally different reasons, if you'd like to know just shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to tell you there rather than this thread get more derailed than red hamburger and purple spaghetti, haha.

Also, I agree with you that some people get offended by the fact that they/a friend hasn't been chosen and so they seek to shoot down everyone else who gets a mention. Not everyone does that though, heck, barely even a few do that, but it obviously has massive negative implications on the forum as a whole, as it seems that everyone feeds off the forum vibe put off by one another (hence the massive outbreaks of necroposting and forum policing).

I think the main thing that people should take away from this is that no matter who gets appointed, no, Rewarded GOA status, we should all be happy for them and for the game because it only benefits the community as a whole.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think maybe this whole thread reminds why I feel uncomfortable with all these types of programs.

Thanks are great and all that, but it seems to be human nature to use anything to appoint someone a leader. And when anything is handed out by people in authority, such as a shield or a title, particularly a title implying some sort of exulted status, well, it's natural for certain others to see these people are having such an exulted status.

When such is the case, suddenly there will be others who want such exulted status and will do just about anything to obtain it... or otherwise interfere with such...

Star light, star bright...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:499181
    People disagree with him being chosen for totally different reasons, if you'd like to know just shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to tell you there rather than this thread get more derailed than red hamburger and purple spaghetti, haha.

Also, I agree with you that some people get offended by the fact that they/a friend hasn't been chosen and so they seek to shoot down everyone else who gets a mention. Not everyone does that though, heck, barely even a few do that, but it obviously has massive negative implications on the forum as a whole, as it seems that everyone feeds off the forum vibe put off by one another (hence the massive outbreaks of necroposting and forum policing).

I think the main thing that people should take away from this is that no matter who gets appointed, no, Rewarded GOA status, we should all be happy for them and for the game because it only benefits the community as a whole.
    Necro, yes, I would be interested in finding out. However, I either cannot or do not know how to initiate a private message on this device (my annoying harp is busted apparently). So, please just send me a pm, then I can respond to that.

If there really is "other reasons", why were so many people going on about green text, spamming posts and only two months? Why assasinate someone's character who everyone is admitting is taking a break from the game. He is not active so cannot answer the complaints or defend himself.

Hopefully you are right about only being a few who are trying to end the GoA program and/or hate on specific individuals because they are angry they or friend didn't get picked. I hope you are right. There are several on this thread posting repeatedly who are guilty of this. Hopefully, those are the only ones in the whole forum who feel this way. If this is the case, then, you are right about it only be a few.

But, these few are vocal and are spewing hate on the program iteself or against individuals or asking over and over again if their AoA status will lead to GoA status. They shouldn't be any of this. I agree that is hurting the forum when people act like that. It does NOT reflect on the GoA program in a bad way, just on those few people who do this.

Your last paragraph: Yes, YES! That is exactly what I am saying. People should stop hurting the forum and game just cuz they upset they not been given the
    GoA honor. So there is no reason to publically hate on this guy. There was never a valid reason to do this. The forums supposed to be friendly place.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

And this is why I enjoy debating with you. We usually have opposing views but you often provide insightful and often overlooked ideas that compose one hell of an argument most of the time.

Bravo chap!!! :P

-------AEO-------

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I think maybe this whole thread reminds why I feel uncomfortable with all these types of programs.

Thanks are great and all that, but it seems to be human nature to use anything to appoint someone a leader. And when anything is handed out by people in authority, such as a shield or a title, particularly a title implying some sort of exulted status, well, it's natural for certain others to see these people are having such an exulted status.

When such is the case, suddenly there will be others who want such exulted status and will do just about anything to obtain it... or otherwise interfere with such...
    I understand your logic BUT whomever thinks GoA's are in a position of autbority or a leader in this game lack what we call "common sense." It is a simple gesture of "thank you" for whatever the individual has done/does. I have said it more than I can count: we are just normal players. Period.

As far as all the talk about Navygreen goes: let it die already!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

If there are guardians, I wish they'd do a Demons of Alterra, you know, the bad dudes. How can people appreciate good guys when there aren't really bad guys...officially speaking. These bad guys can like kill people even on non-PVP maps say Balefort at a given time say in a window of 1 hour, that'll be cool LOL, and it's up to Guardians to kill these Bad guys in same non-pvp map to protect the civilians. Something like that. Now that would be really super. Right now, Guardians are like meeeehhh....okkkaaaay....cuuutie patoootie i'm so goody...it's pointless and really, so what? LoL.Just my humble opinion.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Apollo youre too active in this forum i wonder why youre not a guadian? Well ivote you

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Elf-Orc-Naga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    If there are guardians, I wish they'd do a Demons of Alterra, you know, the bad dudes. How can people appreciate good guys when there aren't really bad guys...officially speaking. These bad guys can like kill people even on non-PVP maps say Balefort at a given time say in a window of 1 hour, that'll be cool LOL, and it's up to Guardians to kill these Bad guys in same non-pvp map to protect the civilians. Something like that. Now that would be really super. Right now, Guardians are like meeeehhh....okkkaaaay....cuuutie patoootie i'm so goody...it's pointless and really, so what? LoL.Just my humble opinion.
    LOL - but no.... Imagine STS promoting the type of behaviour across the community to get this award. Would go completely against the standards they are trying to uphold across the board.... Funny idea though....lol
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post: