Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deal With It!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Deal With It!

This game will NEVER be equal for casual players & hardcore players. It just isn't possible. Someone that plays 10 hours a week just isn't gonna advance, nor have the gear & opportunities, the same as someone that plays 40 hours a week. It isn't gonna happen.

This game will NEVER be equal for someone that can not buy plat compared to someone who can. It isn't possible.

If this game WASN'T free and was subscription based it still wouldn't help. The hardcore would still advance further & faster and STILL have better gear than the casual players.

Why not just play to your best potential and be happy with it, instead of complaining and demanding unreasonable ultimatums of STS?

Just a "random" idea.
    Peace

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Battlelock For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Like a not-so-wise-man once said,
    Never say never.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Can't stop opinions and feedbacks, it's the reason why you're here now and even commenting on the said issues. Without people giving feedbacks, PL wouldn't be here to where it is today. If we were all just zombies and play, things will be so boring people would quit. It's the conflicts that teaches everyone the better choice. If you're afraid to deal with them, then you're not contributing to the overall development of the game. I mean, what did you expect? smooth sailing throughout? Conflicts are good, if they are used as measuring sticks for future developments. And yes, even the best games now are not perfect, but they continue to develop via the use of critics and praises altogether. People here are so used to the peace and order, just a small ripple and everybody goes into hiding 'cuz they're probably afraid to lose their good rep or worse get banned, i mean, can't take the heat eh? It's just a game folks XD

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock:503287

Why not just play to your best potential and be happy with it, instead of complaining and demanding unreasonable ultimatums of STS?

Peace
    Thank you!! Agree totally.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I can prove a lot of those wrong..

Platinum will pretty much speed up your time in game. Instead of spending (let's just say) 20 hours in game making 200k to buy a special snowball launcher OR.... you can spend platinum and get something of equal power in a matter of seconds.
    It will also speed up the time it takes to Level up with elixirs OR... you can spend 4x as long in the dungeon without platinum.
    It's either time or money.
    Last edited by Nick41324; 12-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

If there was an opposition arm in this forum or in-game then I'd love to be on that side not because I'm a hater but because that's how I want to contribute similar to an opposition group in a democratic government. So far, most of my complaints have been valid despite its "unique" delivery, but it doesn't diminish the content of my complaints, in fact, it adds stress. Without the opposition, there will be no development, that's a fact, you can be just a player as you wish but don't encourage other people because it's a stand everyone should be free to choose, unless of course, you have a weak disposition and you're the "yes" man type (I'm not referring to the TS btw, for those who'll read my post too fast, I'm talking general). Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

False. I am one of those 10 hour players, I manage to get the best gear for watever level I am looking for without much trouble.
    Disagree? I invite you to look at my toons and attempt to say otherwise ;D

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:503360
    False. I am one of those 10 hour players, I manage to get the best gear for watever level I am looking for without much trouble.
    Disagree? I invite you to look at my toons and attempt to say otherwise ;D
    I have no doubt Spy. My rant was in the direction of the majority. Gear & levels just don't come to casual players with no plat as it does for hardcore plat/elixir players. Just the way it is.
    I myself am a casual player with limited plat use. I'm good with that.
    Peace

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I agree with you TS, the game is meant to not be equal...Spy may have acquired the said uber gears, gold, and whatever, but how long? I can probably get the same gears in a month...even more if I was willing to platinum my way to greatness...your statement is true, but I disagree on your call for people to just play and stop complaining.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Disagree i have not spent one cent on this game i dnt play often due to skool, band, CC, ect. N would consider myself a decent player, i may not reach evry lvl cap but i will reach this 1, and dnt have the worst/best gear in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Another thread?...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

You miss an important factor of what Battlelock is saying, it's equality, that includes time. I can out gold you, out level you, and out gear you in every map update starting the next one (humania? IDK) given a time frame of say 1 month if I resort to using platinum elixirs every time I run, I buy gold (it's stupid but just to prove the point), you will never be on the same pace as am I. If you're referring to something like you'll catch up to me, then that's another topic because that issue is battle of attrition which has got nothing to do with what Battlelock is saying. Not to mention, I will only need a quarter of the time you will spend to reach level cap which means I get to spend more time in real life or maybe do something else in-game like PVP or CTF. It's just not equal. You can't deny it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Well im happy you feel the way you do- although even this is a complaigning thread =) and i consider myself rqual with everyone in the gme- and i play less than 10 hours =) just my opinion
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:503396
    Spy may have acquired the said uber gears, gold, and whatever, but how long? I can probably get the same gears in a month...even more if I was willing to platinum my way to greatness
    hold on, gotta think

*thinking*lets see....8 toons.....dadadablah*thinking*

Meh, I'll break it down by each toon.

Lowlyspy (56)- currently wearing a 55 FF set, took about 2 days for full set.
    Averagespy (42)- currently wearing Lv.40 AO2 gear and a 41 horus talon, 1 day for full set.
    Idovoodoo (35)- currently wearing a voodoo wand set, minus the 4 day weekend it took for support to recover my voodoo robe (long story short, I liquidated it by accident.) around 2 days.
    InigoxMontoya (30)- currently wearing a conq. vyx, iceberg plate, and black-ice longsword (purely for vanity reasons, the regular iceberg longsword has the same stats), took approximately 2 days to get.
    Greatspy (25)- currently wearing a 25 crystalline wand set, took <1 day to get.
    Creepyspy (20)- Currently wearing a 14 jtdf leather, 15 crusader helm, 19 jt plat talon, and 19 conq. ironrock shield, took approximately 2 days to get.
    Wyldspy (15)- currently wearing a 13 jtdf leather, 15 jt plat talon, 10 assassins archery cap, & 15 crusader's ironrock shield. Took about 2 days to get.
    Lowlysage (10)- currently wearing a 10 merry toy wand, 10 merry ornament, 5 sorc robe, & 10 necromancer's mage hat. Took 1 day to get.

All together it took me about 12.5 days to get all the gear. Now im not saying it was cheap, in fact if I was to sell all of it I could net a cool 2mil, but it is completely possible to get good gear even only playing 10 hours a week. And no, I have no skills with merching.

EDIT: oh and no I do not buy gold with plat.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Great resume, but all that effort and put plat in it, I assure you, you can double that resume easy. That's because you may be more dedicated than an average PL player. All things equal, say there two Spy's, the other one does not do plats and the other does, answer is easy. But if we'll take into account the effort aka number hours you can dedicate playing the game, then the results will vary but still the difficulty or means it was reached will always be not equal. If you really want to take into account everything as in everything, then we'll have to talk about timezones, what we do in real life, how much time we play a day, speed of internet, and many more, but just to be theoretical and end this conversation, all things equal, platinum user > non-platinum user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Its true, just be happy with what u have not what u want

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock:503287

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:503329
    Can't stop opinions and feedback
    You are very right. The main reason the forum exists is to enable a free exchange of ideas and information. That is the very first thing the forum rules say. You are right. That is the main reason we are here.

But, if I understand Battlelock correctly, he said to stop the complaining and unreasonable ultimatums.

Input needs to be constructive. That means useful. Not just a bunch of random hate, venting, whining and spouting statistics that aren't even real.

Just help sts by giving them our ideas and feedback without being selfish.

Hasn't anyone ever said:

Well, this new idea may mess up my ________ (whatever), BUT, if it is going to help the game overall, I hope it succeeds.

In other words, think of the game first. If everyone just thinks of they own selfish concerns it will be very difficult to manage a mmo.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:503417
    Another thread?...
    This is so helpful on the subject. Thanks for all you had to input!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Nicely Said Bro!(:
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter