Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I get a dev to answer these questions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Whoisthis is the ONLY person I know who thinks that bears will win if beckon hits. I don't pvp much, but I know when I do, my bear is far worse at it, and I know that pvp is def. favored to mages and birds, for the reasons stated here. I also think a bear should have both a charge and a beckon. I know that being "stunned" by a charging bear seems very plausible to me
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    Whoisthis is the ONLY person I know who thinks that bears will win if beckon hits. I don't pvp much, but I know when I do, my bear is far worse at it, and I know that pvp is def. favored to mages and birds, for the reasons stated here. I also think a bear should have both a charge and a beckon. I know that being "stunned" by a charging bear seems very plausible to me
    In Elf's defense though, it can go both ways. A successful Beckon can spell victory, it sometimes cannot.

A lot of RNG comes into play on a bear; dodge and crit. If you don't dodge, you die. If you don't crit, you don't kill. A bit worse on crit since if you don't have Hit in the first place, you don't land anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Seriously beckon makes a bear, i cant tell u how many times ive gone for initial beckon it gets dodge and they run away after debuffing my hit, armour, and dodge, beckon is the only kite reducing skill bears have, we need like a throw skill that roota or something.

Also why is int gear so ridiculously high on armour?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    In Elf's defense though, it can go both ways. A successful Beckon can spell victory, it sometimes cannot.

A lot of RNG comes into play on a bear; dodge and crit. If you don't dodge, you die. If you don't crit, you don't kill. A bit worse on crit since if you don't have Hit in the first place, you don't land anything.
    To begin with, I have observed hundreds of bear fights, and have fought many bears.

I should emphasize the most - there are going to be cases where the target dodges a lot or where the beckon misses, the bear crits a lot. On the other hand, if the bear's beckon misses, the bird can simply back away, repulse or root (2 roots available), so even with a bear with 76 dodge, it's very probable that they can bombard at a distance, whereas the bear needs to close within 4m to unload their slashes. If the beckon hits, things can get tough for the bird ... true they still can root (not as useful because bear skills like SMS can root), but they are stuck and have to move fast (hence my emphasis on all but the best - good birds will be able to react quickly, unless the bear is lucky on the dodges, which at 76 I suppose is not too hard).

This is a non-issue in FFA and CTF where the bear will have support, but in 1v1, it is a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Seriously beckon makes a bear, i cant tell u how many times ive gone for initial beckon it gets dodge and they run away after debuffing my hit, armour, and dodge, beckon is the only kite reducing skill bears have, we need like a throw skill that roota or something.

Also why is int gear so ridiculously high on armour?
    Technically bear skills can "root" with the some of the slashes and other moves.

This current cap seems to favor int gear, although it has also been very kind to warbirds. Int gear has high armor and high crit. By contrast, the demonic strongmans favored str gear and the 55 days favored custom birds.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-15-2011 at 09:54 PM.