Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The oldest of the oldies still here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Was half asleep when I posted that I meant they are only called a founder because of the time they made their account.

Not like you guys who have actually made a difference in PL and had a say in how it was being run, what was missing, bugs etc, expanding it and funding it (I know alot must of did this anyway but anyone that had an iOS could have 'funded' if you get my meaning)

Being called a founders is ridiculous for logging in at a certain time, people that changed the game and stuck by it for the better deserve the title
    Well, the name founder doesn't mean they necessarily "made a difference", it means they have been here from the start. We have the GoA and AoA programs for people whom have made a difference. It's a way to recognize the first generation of people who joined the game. Obviously if it weren't for a lot of the recommendations made early on, and all the bug reports that were made when PL was a flea circus, the game wouldn't be quite what it is now. I'm not saying the people who joined early on are responsible and creditable for it, but a lot of them did have a helping hand in it. Yes, "anyone" could have done so, but not everyone was around at the time for it. I see it as, they added it so those who have been playing for a long time and supported STS consistently would get recognition. Kinda like a, thanks for sticking around for so long type of thing. Yes, there was a little loophole, and some people registered, quit, and came back later on and got the helm, but it is what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

You make a very fair/valid point

It just struck me as quite funny how a title is requested for 'founders title' tho when anyone mentioned a 'founders item' in SL the very same members here were against it. If it is just to show appreciation for staying with the game etc (not contribution based) then why is it so absurd that 'founder' SL members/players do not get that right? Since we were at SL from day one (closed beta) but get denied it by 'influential' members saying we don't deserve it because we didn't 'found' sts from the first day in PL. As im sure you can tell where I am coming from with this.

I joined PL as soon as Android users could, got the shield. Then when beta was scheduled it was alot more attractive to me than PL ever was (My own opinion) and been playing and 'funding/improving the game since.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

If I may interject for a moment. You can add Zojak to the list of founders

April 12, 2010
    Last edited by Zojak; 01-04-2012 at 04:27 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You make a very fair/valid point

It just struck me as quite funny how a title is requested for 'founders title' tho when anyone mentioned a 'founders item' in SL the very same members here were against it. If it is just to show appreciation for staying with the game etc (not contribution based) then why is it so absurd that 'founder' SL members/players do not get that right? Since we were at SL from day one (closed beta) but get denied it by 'influential' members saying we don't deserve it because we didn't 'found' sts from the first day in PL. As im sure you can tell where I am coming from with this.

I joined PL as soon as Android users could, got the shield. Then when beta was scheduled it was alot more attractive to me than PL ever was (My own opinion) and been playing and 'funding/improving the game since.
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with founders in SL, and I suspect the devs will add them a little after SL's one year anniversary, but just a guess. I think the only reason why some people might disagree with SL founder program is because the STS community was already larger from PL, and a ton of people from PL tried SL once they could, which would mean many more founders in SL than there are in PL. But I see it as, people will come and go, and the founders from SL will become a smaller group by the month, much like PL's did I don't see why it shouldn't be added, but I don't think it should be for a bit longer, since PL's didn't get added until around its 1 year. Didn't SL start in around June 2011?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I joined PL around feburaury? Maybe even before? Definatey before June though. I guess you can add me. Lets just say if you were playing before the FH revamp you count. Just joined the forums in the summer i think. :P

STOP! DRAGON TIME!
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER EGGS!

PL: BUUBUUFTW, CHICKSTRIPPP, XXBUUBUUXX
    SL: BUUBUUFTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with founders in SL, and I suspect the devs will add them a little after SL's one year anniversary, but just a guess. I think the only reason why some people might disagree with SL founder program is because the STS community was already larger from PL, and a ton of people from PL tried SL once they could, which would mean many more founders in SL than there are in PL. But I see it as, people will come and go, and the founders from SL will become a smaller group by the month, much like PL's did I don't see why it shouldn't be added, but I don't think it should be for a bit longer, since PL's didn't get added until around its 1 year. Didn't SL start in around June 2011?
    Agreed, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon way too early. But I have players come up to me asking stuff like, "why don't we deserve founders" etc I just tell them not to worry and it will most likely be added around a year into SL, they feel that if they express their opinion they will get 'shut down/cut off' by some of the previous founders. I say what I feel, if I feel passionate/strongly about a subject I make sure its known.

Not saying every member of the old would, it's just how they feel expressing this in front view of the 'older generation'.

It came out on the 8th July, received my beta key on that day, will never forget since it was on my bday haha, I had an Xbox elite and kinect and it didn't get used for a few weeks at least haha, any spare time (which was alot) I chose SL over it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buubuuftw View Post
    I joined PL around feburaury? Maybe even before? Definatey before June though. I guess you can add me. Lets just say if you were playing before the FH revamp you count. Just joined the forums in the summer i think. :P
    I remember the revamp for FH and I don't count? Lol couldn't possibly then right? Unless they revamped it again after? im confused ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:530929
    I remember the revamp for FH and I don't count? Lol couldn't possibly then right?
    By June 12 (or whatever day the OP said) they do mean 2011 right? If they dont this would be embarrasing...

STOP! DRAGON TIME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Made account on the 14th of april. Didnt find foruma til august.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Agreed, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon way too early. But I have players come up to me asking stuff like, "why don't we deserve founders" etc I just tell them not to worry and it will most likely be added around a year into SL, they feel that if they express their opinion they will get 'shut down/cut off' by some of the previous founders. I say what I feel, if I feel passionate/strongly about a subject I make sure its known.

Not saying every member of the old would, it's just how they feel expressing this in front view of the 'older generation'.

It came out on the 8th July, received my beta key on that day, will never forget since it was on my bday haha, I had an Xbox elite and kinect and it didn't get used for a few weeks at least haha, any spare time (which was alot) I chose SL over it lol.
    Agreed, I'm fine with giving anyone credit where it is due, I don't think it makes sense to give one game a founders helm and the other not to. The only thing that truly links the games are the forums anyways in my opinion.

By June 12 (or whatever day the OP said) they do mean 2011 right? If they dont this would be embarrasing...
    2010 man Sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

2010 lol! I think I started in Sept/Oct :/ (tho I haven't got a clue)

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Agreed, I'm fine with giving anyone credit where it is due, I don't think it makes sense to give one game a founders helm and the other not to. The only thing that truly links the games are the forums anyways in my opinion.
    +1 (no thanks left lol) agreed 100% that's a very true statement! I have respect for alot of members from PL tho I have never exactly run with or hung out with them in game. Just from being on the forums within the community
    Last edited by BodMaster; 01-04-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

... I PHAIL! Pretend you didn't see that post...

STOP! DRAGON TIME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

... I PHAIL! Pretend you didn't see that post...
    Rofl! Give me a giggle or two