Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Coming This Week and Changes to Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This is rich.

When we complained about the pay per play nature of WF STS' reply is that they'll look into it. Look into it they did. Guess STS liked it so much that they're gonna add pay per play maps to every campaign here on out.

Yeah, technically this game is playable without spending real $ on it, but jeez it's rapidly getting to the point where it's simply not enjoyable unless one constantly blows plat on this game.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mackjack For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I'm a little lost here, I used to think that STS made a strong stance on the point that items purchased with platinum couldn't be sold or traded to prevent players from essentially turning plat into gold, but due to recent changes that's basically what's going on. Personally, I didn't participate in this years wint fest due to the decision to make it pay to play but I do notice that the cs is flooded with these new winter items which basically carry a 2 plat price tag with them. Same with the recipes in Mt Fang, I have yet to see one drop so I can only imagine that some/most/all of the crafted gear in cs was created via a plat recipe; now we toss boss gauntlets (and the pinks they have to offer) into the fray. It still remains to be seen if the sky does actually fall on the on us, or if Chicken Little's cry is a bit premature.

I really don't understand the decision in the end. What's this boss gauntlet have to offer that the other doesn't besides the "premium option" associated with it. If the loot tables remain the same and the bosses aren't easier after paying the entrance fee to take a look around, what's going to keep the customers coming back? Seems like its just going to be more wasted pixels that bog the game down and deprive us from a much more enjoyable map.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm just wondering, but when is a new world going to come out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When is a new world going to come out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superme View Post
    When is a new world going to come out?
    February 2nd

EDIT: After reading the post, im a little confused. Mainly angry at what this game has turned into. TBH, if this update follows through, ill most likely be quitting because this is what will happen in the future: (Theres already enough evidence there. All the level caps, 56, 61, and 66 are just money suckers for STS to encourage players to purchase plat.) Anyway this is what will happen: All the levels will be the Pay-Per-Level Format, the elite levels will continue to suck in players by offering the best gear of the game. This is the PL that I, nor anybody else wants.

I really hate to bang on my favorite game to play, but its really sad seeing it dissapear into some money making machine. I agree with the whole platinum thing. TO AN EXTENT. All the DOTD, Plat Store, Elite Levels are there to persuade players into buying platinum. As long as STS keeps the plat stuff in the plat store WHERE IT SHOULD BE, and not popping up on my screen i.e. DOTD and the player menu advertisements, then im happy.

I am excited for the other new content, but this, im not too thrilled. Hopefully it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    After discussing with some friends, I think removing all the old gauntlets and some other maps would:

1. free app space ( for future maps )
    2. Less confusion for newer players

And this would be unrealistic because some people could play those maps regularly and be unhappy to see them going. Its also limiting your level experience.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 01-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    So all in all the people that spend alot of plat get richer cause they can farm pinks with the quickness and flood the cs while the play for free people get to watch their long grind for farming pinks get trashed on the cs
    its just likr real life bud. Some people have money to drive bmw, mercedes, lamborghini im stuck with a sunfire cause thats the way it works. But the one thing that matters is we are all driving something am i right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Why create a map for the sole purpose of "plat per runs"? Didnt like, I dont know... more than half the playerbase totally dislike it the first time. You said you were going to see how well it would work... on a holiday such as christmas I have no idea why. But now you guys are taking the steps of implementing it... Please for the sake of Pocket Legends just make the PvP map or both the gauntlet and the PvP map a flat fee...
    Last edited by DJMdivine; 01-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Another idea would be to put 2 different PvP maps. The first is free and same as today but does not give kills. The second cost 1 plat entry fee and counts kills for leaderboard.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Lol^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:533508
    Another idea would be to put 2 different PvP maps. The first is free and same as today but does not give kills. The second cost 1 plat entry fee and counts kills for leaderboard.
    LOL

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

While we're at it, let's make the founders helm a drop on the new premium boss gauntlets. (sarcasm, but sadly it's the way this game is going)

Dos equis guy-

"I don't always buy plat"
    "but when I do,"

"the devs laugh in my face"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ok i am not looking for any flaming but has anybody tried playing on xbox live or ps network for free? Well if you did you were dissapointed cause you cant this game is a free game with added bonuses you have to pay for. most companies make games for two reasons fun and its a job everybody needs money to survive. Its still free guys maybe it would have been better if it started this way then we would be able to stop hearing about "the old sts" sts did their job making a good game to get us hooked then slowly added enhancers for $. dont want to spend your money? Simply dont thanks and once again not to be flamed upon
    Ps sts isnt our puppets they should do as they please. They know whats at risk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Ok i am not looking for any flaming but has anybody tried playing on xbox live or ps network for free? Well if you did you were dissapointed cause you cant this game is a free game with added bonuses you have to pay for. most companies make games for two reasons fun and its a job everybody needs money to survive. Its still free guys maybe it would have been better if it started this way then we would be able to stop hearing about "the old sts" sts did their job making a good game to get us hooked then slowly added enhancers for $. dont want to spend your money? Simply dont thanks and once again not to be flamed upon
    Ps sts isnt our puppets they should do as they please. They know whats at risk
    PSN is free ^.^. Also, we understand STS has to make some kind of profit, but not cancel out the content that shouldnt be paid for. For example the new gauntlets, why would we have to pay for a level on top of a campaign we already paid for? Also to add, you have to pay EVERY TIME you visit that map. Thats like paying $5 every time you turn your water faucet on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

1v1 pvp map- cool
    Orlok set- i thought it was already fixed
    Pay-per-run maps- YUCK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:532458
    This gives players an option when farming for loot. They can play for free, as they always have, and do runs of the current zones, fighting in to the boss and taking them down for their loot. Or, you can pay Platinum to access the upgraded Boss Gauntlet and farm there.
    The fact that this is happening, shows that STS has done a fantastic job with the games. I really want to congratulate Spacetime Studios.

The great thing about free2play is that all players benefit. Even the players who do not spend any or very much real world money to play. WE ALL benefit.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Hmm why dont u just add a fee for every boss you kill, it could cost plat to list things in cs, maybe charge 2 plat when ever we want to equip a different weapon, it could cost if we want to kill some one in pvp, 2 plat every time we change characters, 2 plat to host any game, 2 plat to boot anyone, add pvp potions that could only be purchased with plat, cost 2 plat every time you want to pm someone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing:533715
    you have to pay EVERY TIME you visit that map. Thats like paying $5 every time you turn your water faucet on.
    Do people realize that 2 plat = $0.09. Yeah, 2 plat costs 9 cents.

Anyone who uses a lot of plat, e.g. pink farmers, should use the $90 plat pack.

So, it is nothing like paying $5 every time you turn on a faucet. It's like paying 9 cents everytime you try to farm a pink in an OPTIONAL area.

And you are going to get more than one chance to farm that pink for 2 plat. There will be several bosses of course.

Having 2 plat per run boss gauntlets makes perfect sense. As we all know:

1. This new boss gauntlet is OPTIONAL.

2. Free-2play games like Pocket Legends make their income from OPTIONAL content.

3. The free-2-play business model IS DESGINED FROM THE VERY BEGINNING so that only a small portion of players buy the optional content.

4. This benefits the other players who don't/can't spend money. They get to play the game for free.

5. Free-2-play video games is a multi-million dollar industry.

6. They all operate on this same principle. Everyone gets to play. The only people who pay are the ones that WANT to.

There's no reason to complain about this new OPTIONAL level. If you don't want to have fun by playing there, you don't have to.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Hmm why dont u just add a fee for every boss you kill, it could cost plat to list things in cs, maybe charge 2 plat when ever we want to equip a different weapon, it could cost if we want to kill some one in pvp, 2 plat every time we change characters, 2 plat to host any game, 2 plat to boot anyone, add pvp potions that could only be purchased with plat, cost 2 plat every time you want to pm someone
    That post cost 2 plat to post lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

*sigh* just used up my last gift card for winter festival,looks like im going back to free offers
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    if that happened, i would quit lol
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!