Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ask a police officer anything!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    This is a pretty cool thread because im going into a explorers program and its through the poolice department down here because i wanna be a police officer or be a U.S. marshall pretty intense stuff haha
    LOL, poolice.

But yeah, I've got friends in our local Marshall's office. Not a bad gig, but boring at first. Bunch of courtroom guard crap. Pay probably isn't bad though.

PROUD OFFICER FOR AEO - 2B1ASK1
    PL Toons - Flenami | Raebami | Dribami | Remrafami | Onihrami | Xofami

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Has your K9 ever peed on your patrol car? If so, did (s)he give you the puppy dog eyes to not get in trouble?
    I was just involved with training so I wasn't actually a handler. However, we have a labrador narco dog who pees when he gets a hit. It's hilarious.

A lot of our handlers will actually pee on top of their dog's pee. Some sort of dominance thing I guess. Some will carry an empty Coke bottle with pee in it to pour on the dog's pee if they're in public.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maiohwmai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai:540196
    I was just involved with training so I wasn't actually a handler. However, we have a labrador narco dog who pees when he gets a hit. It's hilarious.

A lot of our handlers will actually pee on top of their dog's pee. Some sort of dominance thing I guess. Some will carry an empty Coke bottle with pee in it to pour on the dog's pee if they're in public.

Lmao that's awesome! Next time i see a cop with a K9 I'm going to ask, "Hey where's your can of pee for your dog?" Just to see their reaction lol.

How hard is SWAT/police training?
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:540201
    Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai:540196

Lmao that's awesome! Next time i see a cop with a K9 I'm going to ask, "Hey where's your can of pee for your dog?" Just to see their reaction lol.

Swat training is intense from what ive heard If you're the bad guy lol a few of my buddies got to be hostages and keep in mind we're all around the age of 15ish some older but they got flash banged and handcuffed and they use blanks but the flash bang made them loose hearing even with earplugs and one buddy had his eyes covered also but he still went blind lol it was funny listening to his story

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:540204
    Swat training is intense from what ive heard If you're the bad guy lol a few of my buddies got to be hostages and keep in mind we're all around the age of 15ish some older but they got flash banged and handcuffed and they use blanks but the flash bang made them loose hearing even with earplugs and one buddy had his eyes covered also but he still went blind lol it was funny listening to his story

I want to do that! Lol Sounds fun! How where they able to do that?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:540208
    Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:540204

I want to do that! Lol Sounds fun! How where they able to do that?
    They were selected from the explorer program that the PD does like sorta para military of some sort and we get to do like after they explain how the traffic stops are done in such we get to do them i forgot the word lol but its pretty fun i got cuffed a few times cause i was the bad guy

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:540210
    They were selected from the explorer program that the PD does like sorta para military of some sort and we get to do like after they explain how the traffic stops are done in such we get to do them i forgot the word lol but its pretty fun i got cuffed a few times cause i was the bad guy

Lol sounds so fun! I must do this sometime lol.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:540217
    Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:540210

Lol sounds so fun! I must do this sometime lol.
    Haha yeah it is i have my interview next tuesday i get to talk infront of some head honchos and damn i hate speaking infront of more than one person lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post

SWAT school was hard. Worth it though...but very hard.

And yeah, bangers suck. They had us close our eyes and open our mouths to even the pressure out. I didn't even really hear the *BANG*...just ringing in my ears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

*hiccup* What's the officer, problem? I swear to drunk I'm not god.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Artentreri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai View Post
    I was not aware of such a thing.

But shooting him is harsh. Maybe we could throw him a beating?
    Can't find the original but this is so EPIC!
    Dubstep remix I found on YouTube.
    http://youtu.be/iRKgT1LwIhg

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

What happens when you give a cop the finger?
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis:540394

Depends how cute you are, so I'm guessing you're good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

If you have a car registered in a State that allows blacked out tail lights can you be pulled over in the next State for having them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    For me, it means you'd better not be doing anything remotely illegal. If you are, you just drew a lot of unneeded attention to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    If you have a car registered in a State that allows blacked out tail lights can you be pulled over in the next State for having them?
    Yup, as far as I know. As soon as you cross that line you have to accept the rules of the land.

Example: let's say street X has a speed limit of 35 mph. Street X crosses a state line and drops to 25 mph. You can't be all like "but it was 35 back there!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Are cops nice in your state?... Cops are total toolbags down here

Got pulled over for going 1 mph over the speed limit, the cop was like

"Son, do you know how fast you were going?"

"Uhh 40?"

"Think again, 41."

*Starts playing with his weird creepy alien mustache*

He gave me a 25 dollar ticket -.-..........

Additional information: I was driving down a very steep hill, in a very heavy car, the fact that I was only 1mph over was a miracle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry its long.
    I always wondered this....
    But once at work this officer was going down a busy street, he flipped the lights and did a U turn. This girl behind him was at least 7 seconds away and when he did the U turn, he slammed on his breaks, causing her to hit the back of his car.
    So I sat and watched and when she got out of the car I saw her run over there and ask if he was ok... She went to get her insurance and.was about to take pictures, then he started screaming at her to get back into her car. She started crying and then there were about 2 motorcycle cops and like 7 police cars there... THEY were taking pictures and questioning the girl. She had to be frightened, I couldnt imagine.
    I walked over there and explained to an officer he flipped a U turn in the middle of the busiest street in this city nd she was at a distance.... I THOUGHT WITNESSES WERE A GOOD THING! Aparently not?? They told me to go back the way I came and that she illegaly hit a cop car... CAN THEY EVEN DO THAT?!?! She got arrested... Which is COMPLETELY ridiculous. And I called up to the department from which theyre from to explain to someone higher up... And they acted like they knew nothing of this...

Wtf would you do in that situation, I just need to be convinced that not all officers will lie and not put someone in jail to save there ***.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

You'll always have cops like that, hell one night this wannabe super cop dude watched me have a seizure in handcuffs in the back of his Durango. So, is that proper procedure? When I came out of it my wrists were cut to hell, and the only thing that stopped me from knockin his head off his shoulders was my buddy norm. Big guy, kinda hard to get away from. Ya know why he stopped me? Because I was on my street, walking up the last bit of my hill about 10 minutes after curfew. Now don't take offense to any of this, I'm only talkin about one dumb sob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Are cops nice in your state?... Cops are total toolbags down here

Got pulled over for going 1 mph over the speed limit, the cop was like

"Son, do you know how fast you were going?"

"Uhh 40?"

"Think again, 41."

*Starts playing with his weird creepy alien mustache*

He gave me a 25 dollar ticket -.-..........

Additional information: I was driving down a very steep hill, in a very heavy car, the fact that I was only 1mph over was a miracle.
    Only one explanation for that.

Name:  y9QwO.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  6.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by DirrrtyJess View Post
    Sorry its long.
    I always wondered this....
    But once at work this officer was going down a busy street, he flipped the lights and did a U turn. This girl behind him was at least 7 seconds away and when he did the U turn, he slammed on his breaks, causing her to hit the back of his car.
    So I sat and watched and when she got out of the car I saw her run over there and ask if he was ok... She went to get her insurance and.was about to take pictures, then he started screaming at her to get back into her car. She started crying and then there were about 2 motorcycle cops and like 7 police cars there... THEY were taking pictures and questioning the girl. She had to be frightened, I couldnt imagine.
    I walked over there and explained to an officer he flipped a U turn in the middle of the busiest street in this city nd she was at a distance.... I THOUGHT WITNESSES WERE A GOOD THING! Aparently not?? They told me to go back the way I came and that she illegaly hit a cop car... CAN THEY EVEN DO THAT?!?! She got arrested... Which is COMPLETELY ridiculous. And I called up to the department from which theyre from to explain to someone higher up... And they acted like they knew nothing of this...

Wtf would you do in that situation, I just need to be convinced that not all officers will lie and not put someone in jail to save there ***.
    Couple of things - and again, I can only apply the laws I'm familiar with - if you say she was 7 seconds back AND he activated his emergency lights, it could be argued that she was following too closely.

7 seconds is a long time. If you can't come to a complete stop in 7 seconds there's a problem. In my state, the law for following too closely applies to the following vehicle, regardless of what the speed limit is. If you can't stop in a reasonable amount of time/distance then you're following too closely. There is no provision for the speed limit.

Secondly, you don't know what she got arrested for. Maybe she didn't have insurance, a valid license...maybe she had warrants, unpaid traffic tickets...the car she was driving could have had switched plates, maybe stolen...point is that you don't really know what she was arrested for. That's kind of a critical thing, you know?

If I was driving along, I get an emergency call so I activate my lights and someone 7 seconds back can't stop...I'd probably be a little miffed. I don't know about screaming, but whatever. A safe following distance increases with speed, and it's up to the other motorist to adjust that. The lead vehicle can't do much about it - police officer or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artentreri View Post
    You'll always have cops like that, hell one night this wannabe super cop dude watched me have a seizure in handcuffs in the back of his Durango. So, is that proper procedure? When I came out of it my wrists were cut to hell, and the only thing that stopped me from knockin his head off his shoulders was my buddy norm. Big guy, kinda hard to get away from. Ya know why he stopped me? Because I was on my street, walking up the last bit of my hill about 10 minutes after curfew. Now don't take offense to any of this, I'm only talkin about one dumb sob.
    Eh, you did break curfew though.

Don't forget, police aren't emotionless robots. We all have things that affect us differently. Maybe the last time he let a kid skate on curfew he got in trouble over it. Think it sounds ridiculous? It happened to me. I broke up a house party and got investigated by internal affairs because of it.

Instead of being a jerk, I let the kids (who were all outside and sober, by the way) go their separate ways. No noise citations, nothing. When one of them came home 45 minutes past curfew the mom filed a complaint that I didn't do my job.

So my answer after that? Everyone gets a curfew citation now. All because of one mom and her kid I tried to cut a break to. It takes me about 5 minutes to write the cite and saves me an investigation by the rats squad.

Maybe that guy had a similar situation. Never know.
    Last edited by maiohwmai; 01-15-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: My horrible grammar