Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: No More Man Rules :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxman2012 View Post
    Snakespeare writes:

"In my opinion, not criticizing anyone in particular, I feel that "Man Rules" are insulting. Just look at the first one that implies you are less of a man for bathing instead of taking a shower."

I was not implying that at all. I was stating it, as fact. Real men do not take baths. And this is a moot point because you don't take baths.

Also, the India angle is stereotypical. I've been to India, and I don't recall seeing people bathing in rivers. Last year, I taught a course in Bangalore, and stayed in a hotel, where yes, there was a shower. You should stop watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom as your historical reference.
    Yes, I own and use my Jacuzzi.

So, did your shower have a timer as I stated, or did you not read that part?!?!

You don't see your posts as offensive, I guess. Oh well, I guess it's a matter of perspective.

p.s. You asked how someone could find it offensive and I tried to answer, so instead of arguing, why not think about the reply? But if all you are trying to do is get a bunch of us to say the devs should not have locked your thread, then I'm out anyway.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 01-23-2012 at 07:46 PM.