Thread: My Experience with PL and SL

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Default My Experience with PL and SL

On June 22nd, I recieved an Ipod Touch for my birthday, I was looking for a game that would compare to World of Warcraft and Runescape, when I typed in "MMORPG" into the app store I found Pocket Legends and downloaded it immediatly. Truthfully, I registered under my spam email and started playing. I didn't really enjoy the game too much at first and deleted it. The next day I decided I would give it a second shot and played it more and more. I loved Forest Haven, I loved my birds blast shot killing multiple zombies and loved kiting meat head. After clearing Forest Haven I decided that I didn't want to pay for the bonus content and deleted the app again.

Several weeks later, I downloaded Pocket Legends again and registered under a real E-mail, this time planning on buying a couple campaigns. I bought about 10 platinum (2$ at the time) and bought a couple campaigns (the game used to not be as pricey, no offence STS ). I played through these campaigns constantly starting and restarting characters, unwilling to re-spec and to buy an extra charecter slot. I did this for about 2 months, getting up to level 45, not liking my build, restarting. I know it sounds stupid, but HEY! I had fun!

Then I decided that I was going to stick to one character, I made a character named Arkanemage and played through all of the campaigns I owned, I had a great time grinding and trying to loot pinks. I played up to AO3and got to level 50. A friend told me about the forums so I decided to check them out. I saw some of Ellyidol's bear guides and decided to make a second character by the name of Arkanestorm, when I got to about level 30 I saw another archer by the name of Arcanestorm, I decided that I wanted a more original name so I deleted my character and made a bear by the name of Silentslash. I played on Silentslash through the Alien Oasis series then I decided to make a forum account. I read up on the GOA's (I regret this ) and immediatly felt like I NEEDED to be one, I had the TOS memorised and was a "STS Fan Boy ". I policed the forums (yes I Regret this! ) and policed in game.

As Star Legends got closer I started to play Pocket Legends less and less leaving my bear at level 55, I rarely ever got on Pocket Legends but I still posted on the forums oftenly. I waited months for Star Legends and was so excited! I wanted to become one of the first "legends" of Star Legends!

Finnally, Star Legends hit the app store, I downloaded it in the first ten minutes it was released, and I loved it! I played on my Operative for hours and was a pretty successful merchant. By the time I hit level 25, Slouch-o was released and I farmed there up to level 30, and I looted a Vanity! I was pretty wealthy and bought myself a custom set! I started to get bored of Slouch-o and played less and less, eventually becoming "inactive".

When the shipyard was released I started to become very active again, playing as much as 5 hours a day. Eventually hitting level 36. Then... STS lost some of my "fan boy love" when they released luck enhancers, I hated these! I had no desire to farm at all when all I saw were people using these. At this time, I hardly played at all. Then, STS made another choice that lost more of my fan boy love making the winter festival cost 2 plat per entry, this was just absurd to me sence I am a "non plat player".

With the release of Voloria, I started to get back into SL some more but not too much (I had downloaded O&C). I reached level 37 and became inactive again, (although I still was very active on the forums).

As days passed, I started playing less and less and now am officially inactive, I view the forums about once a day, but never get on in game.

I plan on coming back when Dark Legends is released but for now, I will still be inactive.

Thanks for the times STS and the community!

-Silent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    On June 22nd, I recieved an Ipod Touch for my birthday, I was looking for a game that would compare to World of Warcraft and Runescape, when I typed in "MMORPG" into the app store I found Pocket Legends and downloaded it immediatly. Truthfully, I registered under my spam email and started playing. I didn't really enjoy the game too much at first and deleted it. The next day I decided I would give it a second shot and played it more and more. I loved Forest Haven, I loved my birds blast shot killing multiple zombies and loved kiting meat head. After clearing Forest Haven I decided that I didn't want to pay for the bonus content and deleted the app again.

Several weeks later, I downloaded Pocket Legends again and registered under a real E-mail, this time planning on buying a couple campaigns. I bought about 10 platinum (2$ at the time) and bought a couple campaigns (the game used to not be as pricey, no offence STS ). I played through these campaigns constantly starting and restarting characters, unwilling to re-spec and to buy an extra charecter slot. I did this for about 2 months, getting up to level 45, not liking my build, restarting. I know it sounds stupid, but HEY! I had fun!

Then I decided that I was going to stick to one character, I made a character named Arkanemage and played through all of the campaigns I owned, I had a great time grinding and trying to loot pinks. I played up to AO3and got to level 50. A friend told me about the forums so I decided to check them out. I saw some of Ellyidol's bear guides and decided to make a second character by the name of Arkanestorm, when I got to about level 30 I saw another archer by the name of Arcanestorm, I decided that I wanted a more original name so I deleted my character and made a bear by the name of Silentslash. I played on Silentslash through the Alien Oasis series then I decided to make a forum account. I read up on the GOA's (I regret this ) and immediatly felt like I NEEDED to be one, I had the TOS memorised and was a "STS Fan Boy ". I policed the forums (yes I Regret this! ) and policed in game.

As Star Legends got closer I started to play Pocket Legends less and less leaving my bear at level 55, I rarely ever got on Pocket Legends but I still posted on the forums oftenly. I waited months for Star Legends and was so excited! I wanted to become one of the first "legends" of Star Legends!

Finnally, Star Legends hit the app store, I downloaded it in the first ten minutes it was released, and I loved it! I played on my Operative for hours and was a pretty successful merchant. By the time I hit level 25, Slouch-o was released and I farmed there up to level 30, and I looted a Vanity! I was pretty wealthy and bought myself a custom set! I started to get bored of Slouch-o and played less and less, eventually becoming "inactive".

When the shipyard was released I started to become very active again, playing as much as 5 hours a day. Eventually hitting level 36. Then... STS lost some of my "fan boy love" when they released luck enhancers, I hated these! I had no desire to farm at all when all I saw were people using these. At this time, I hardly played at all. Then, STS made another choice that lost more of my fan boy love making the winter festival cost 2 plat per entry, this was just absurd to me sence I am a "non plat player".

With the release of Voloria, I started to get back into SL some more but not too much (I had downloaded O&C). I reached level 37 and became inactive again, (although I still was very active on the forums).

As days passed, I started playing less and less and now am officially inactive, I view the forums about once a day, but never get on in game.

I plan on coming back when Dark Legends is released but for now, I will still be inactive.

Thanks for the times STS and the community!

-Silent
    The first part was same as me! runescape and Wow, looking for an app that would be even better! MMOrpg search and PL came up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    The first part was same as me! runescape and Wow, looking for an app that would be even better! MMOrpg search and PL came up!
    Lol, I was looking for a replacement rather than something better! WOW was pricey!

Btw, I have not quit the forums guys, just a little less active!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I deleted the app at first too lol. But somehow i decided to reinstall!
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Silent, add me when DL comes out! I plan to play that possibly as a replacement for PL. I'd love to get to know you in game sometime!

Oh and I love your story! Everytime someone posts something like this I read it everytime! Makes me sad though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Remember the old tutorials and FH? So much has changed in this past year. I remember Ozz used sell some plat gear for gold, the tutorials were awesome (I especially loved the bird one), and I remember there was a glitch or something that allowed you to type pms in blue letters. I MISS IT ALL!!!

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hm, what would this mean for the curren tournaments that have not started?

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltiar View Post
    Hm, what would this mean for the curren tournaments that have not started?

I'll still manage them, as I haven't quit the forums .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piosidon:568659
    Remember the old tutorials and FH? So much has changed in this past year. I remember Ozz used sell some plat gear for gold, the tutorials were awesome (I especially loved the bird one), and I remember there was a glitch or something that allowed you to type pms in blue letters. I MISS IT ALL!!!
    I miss it soo much! And there were flaming axes in Ursan Weald for gold also, and elixers were overlooked until the sewers because the game became unsolo-able! I miss you Orbs of Nature!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

It'd suck if u didn't decide to come back the second day:/ that would be sad
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Silent, add me when DL comes out! I plan to play that possibly as a replacement for PL. I'd love to get to know you in game sometime!

Oh and I love your story! Everytime someone posts something like this I read it everytime! Makes me sad though
    Will do Mime!