Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Legendary Boss Battles Final Results!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anishavie View Post
    U are saying THAT LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE
    FYI LASERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN INVENTED JUST NO USED AS A GUN
    BUT IT HAS BEEN USED AS A WEAPON

WHO HERE THINKS LASERS ARE AS STRONG AS A BUTTERKNIFE

TELL ME NOW

AND OF COURSE UR GONNA KILL THYRA AT SOME POINT IN TIME
    WHEN U ARE TRYING TO SOLO HER
    SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO BEING WEAK
    ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLETO SOLO PL BOSSES

Y U GUYS FREAKIN TAKING SIDES

LOGICALLY STUFF FROM THE FUTURE BEATS STUFF FROM THE PAST

I DARE U TO SAY THAT SWORDS CAN BEAT MACHINE GUNS
    I DARE U

I DARE U TO SAY THAT MIDEVIL KNIGHTS CAN BEAT MODERN SOLDIERS
    So cliché, but...

UMADBRO?? You know ALL CAPS RAGE doesn't make me more inclined to agree with you, right?

You know, I realized I included both realism and in- game values standpoints in my arguments and I seem to have messed them up. Let me clarify.

Realism standpoint: (if the Count and Thyra fought with real life logic)

I'm not talking about the present. Of course present day soldiers will destroy medieval knights. You've missed my point entirely. What I meant to say was that the future hasn't been invented yet and unless you're from the year 3000, can confirm laser blasters are being manufactured and the AK-3000 is the terrorist weapon of choice, we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going to happen in the next millennia or so.
    Of course lasers exist. But they don't exist in gun form, as you said, like they do in SL. Hence, we don't know how effective lasers would be in gun form, or if it would even be possible. So it is a possibility that a laser gun would be as effective as a butter knife. That's what I meant. That's if you're looking at a realism standpoint.

In- game standpoint: (if Thyra and the Count fought in- game)

If you're looking at values in-game, they led me to believe that the Count could indeed trump Thyra eg: higher damage from weapons in PL, less effective armour in SL, led me to believe that the Count has a fighting chance against Thyra. I'm looking at the in- game values to help determine my conclusion in this instance, to help logically find out what would happen if Thyra and the Count fought. Seeing as armour in SL is weaker and weapons in PL deal more damage, I found the Count would win in a straight up fight. Substance > flashy skills.

I think I was going with in- game value logic until I rebutted Cahaun's argument about armour. Then that's where I brought a realism standpoint into this.

I've got a pretty eccentric way of thinking of things sometimes, you'll just have to excuse that
    Last edited by RaptorBlitz; 03-07-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorBlitz View Post
    So cliché, but...

UMADBRO?? You know ALL CAPS RAGE doesn't make me more inclined to agree with you, right?

You know, I realized I included both realism and in- game values standpoints in my arguments and I seem to have messed them up. Let me clarify.

Realism standpoint: (if the Count and Thyra fought with real life logic)

I'm not talking about the present. Of course present day soldiers will destroy medieval knights. You've missed my point entirely. What I meant to say was that the future hasn't been invented yet and unless you're from the year 3000, can confirm laser blasters are being manufactured and the AK-3000 is the terrorist weapon of choice, we have absolutely no idea what the heck is going to happen in the next millennia or so.
    Of course lasers exist. But they don't exist in gun form, as you said, like they do in SL. Hence, we don't know how effective lasers would be in gun form, or if it would even be possible. So it is a possibility that a laser gun would be as effective as a butter knife. That's what I meant. That's if you're looking at a realism standpoint.

In- game standpoint: (if Thyra and the Count fought in- game)

If you're looking at values in-game, they led me to believe that the Count could indeed trump Thyra eg: higher damage from weapons in PL, less effective armour in SL, led me to believe that the Count has a fighting chance against Thyra. I'm looking at the in- game values to help determine my conclusion in this instance, to help logically find out what would happen if Thyra and the Count fought. Seeing as armour in SL is weaker and weapons in PL deal more damage, I found the Count would win in a straight up fight. Substance > flashy skills.

I think I was going with in- game value logic until I rebutted Cahaun's argument about armour. Then that's where I brought a realism standpoint into this.

I've got a pretty eccentric way of thinking of things sometimes, you'll just have to excuse that
    You aren't making any sense now...
    And its stupid to have arguments like this over a GAME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    You aren't making any sense now...
    And its stupid to have arguments like this over a GAME
    Yeah, I realized I probably didn't make any sense in my last post to most of y'all. It's one of those things you can't explain. I know it's stupid to have an argument like this on a game, but I didn't ask for this to balloon into a cluster of crap.