Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boycott Scatterbears: A short rant by a proper tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

lol sorry XD i saw BOYCOT SCATTERBEARS above it and i thought they were igns of scatter bears
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

No problem, just be sure to read more carefully next time.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    lol sorry XD i saw BOYCOT SCATTERBEARS above it and i thought they were igns of scatter bears
    My ign IS Scatterbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    My ign IS Scatterbear
    -_____-
    My Spacetime Studios Fan Channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/pocketlegendshq.
    Check it out for all Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends videos!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pocketlegendshq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Should not matter as long as DPS stay on your main target. Plus soloing as a bear would suck without stomp.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Should not matter as long as DPS stay on your main target. Plus soloing as a bear would suck without stomp.
    You know, way back in the day, bears didn't have the beckon+stomp combo. Imagine what it was like trying to tank back then ._.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Lmao, i thiught you were poking fun at me
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JFelt8 View Post
    Now n the case of running with friends like necro, hanko, and jj, we all know pretty much where the other is going cause we use most of the same beacon points. So we trade off taunts and double becon everything n the area to the same point. It's awesome to watch two ppl work and pull exact same time and no one n the mob gets away. Total destruction and fast. Those three r some of my favs to run with add my fav mage angel and some good birds, jj being and hanko being that too, and everything is utterly destroyed
    Kylar your right these are some great bears to run with!!

Just to add a few more Conanursan, Sirpnut and Apollo (although Apollo can def be a scatter bear lol)

And yes we can def kick some butt together :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually bears are great to play. However, since their skills generally dictate that they lead, playing a bear requires more thinking. Leading can be draining. If you cannot do this, take a break.

Second, there are ways to play with a scatterbear. Yes, the easiest way really is not to play with them ***Duck***, but when you do encounter one, and you will, you'll need to adjust your play style to work with them.

The simplest way to do this, if you are able, is to stay ahead of the group AND the scatterbear, thus starting your gather before the other bear can come mess it up. Beckon DOES do some damage as does stomp, so you can hope that even if your group follows that other bear, together, the enemies can be killed even with a scatterbear.

If you are lucky, a few teammates will get the idea and follow you closely, thus getting in some combos and kills before the scatterbear arrives. Scatterbear can then be a clean-up bear, where scattering is not such a bad thing.

If you are unable to keep ahead of Scatterbear, you can compliment him. Since you are a bear, you can wait for the scatter and THEN gather. Don't forget that stomp DOES do damage. Again, if your team clues in, you can still clear pretty quickly, even WITH a scatterbear.

Learning to work with a scatterbear can actually improve your skills. You have to pay more attention, rather than just run around like a robot.

Anyways, just saying...

Star light, star bright...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apollo's grandmother View Post
    tl;dr

~hope i helped. thank if u like ~ sign

You're annoying, go away

-------AEO-------

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Very nice read and I agree on every point. In support to your call, I'd like to let you know that I host 100% of my runs and one of my "boot" criteria have been scatterbears...If booting scatterbears gives gold, I'd be filthy rich now LOL. I put "tank prprly" in my boot reason. Anyway, this is probably one of the best (if not the best) and most heart-felt write-up regarding Scatter Bears that I've seen. Rep!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Fyrce, thank you for the excellent advice, i will take what you said and use it.

To everyone else; thank you for reading my 'short' rant and taking the time to respond. I look forward i look forward to playing with all of you soon!

And if you liked this write up hit the thanks button lol

and somebody buy my lvl 21 crystalline str shield helm.and.sword so i dont have to be poor anymore (shameless plug for my items LOL)
    Last edited by gotrocks420; 03-16-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    o_O
    O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post

Nothing wrong with stomp, just do it into a wall (unless youre solo). I truly believe scattering mobs all over the screen is not only obnoxious, its counter productive to tanking, and makes runs take longer (and sometimes even wipes the group)

havent been on in a few days, took a mini break after i posted this; but i added everyone who left their ign. Hope to play with you all soon
    o_O
    O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If you can't beat them, join them. Bwahahahahahaha (evil laugh).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Gotrocks,

I think most people who play bears (and actually all 3 classes) and visit the forums know your pain. I've been through it too and really all I can say is, hang in there buddy! While you are still leveling, its going to be a pain because along the way you will meet other great players, add them to your friend list, try to play with them as much as possible, only to find that you've either out leveled them or they have out leveled you. Or perhaps they don't ever really show up too much after playing with them.

All this changes after you reach the "end game". At that point you just start looking for other quality players to run with and possibly try to join a guild, which then formalizes it even more.

Playing as bear, you are naturally going to be leading the group. Go ahead and host games then and kick the players you do not enjoy playing with. The reality of it is, if you have 3 decent players (including yourself) in the group of 5, you can basically carry 2 randoms. The standard process is then "remaking" whatever you are running while your 2 friends join you. You will pick up a different random player or two each time and if you find they are doing a great job, add them and ask them if they would like to continue remaking with you guys. Eventually, you'll have a solid group of 5 to keep doing runs with before people have to go. Rinse and repeat.

If you are a good bear, other players will naturally want to run with you and join your games since you will be making the runs smooth n easy.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh, bears over use beckon, just cuz u can use it doesnt mean you should.
    Should mages just spam resurect all the time? (Sadly theres probably some of those too)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I know how u feel haha, I have a lvl 66 so I know how a bear should play, but I still had to learn how to play it. I recently got my bear to 50 and it is incredible how many bears can't play their class, and in most cases, refuse to listen to advice when ur trying to teach them in a polite manner. Trying to keep the team alive whilst having a scatter bear on the team is so hard, I think the tutorials should be made class specific, like they have all skills in tutorial and take a blow to the head or something and forget everything they knew, the tutorials could show bears how to beckon, birds to stay behind the tanks and deal damage, and mages how to keep the group alive, and heal. That way, people will have a bit of an idea about what is expected of them on the battlefield
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble