Thread: Why make an mmo where you really can't party with friends and guild?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ahh, but what if they released a new Final Fantasy game... but based on energy! You only got to play 10 minutes before you had to just sit in town for an hour or so. And you had to pay $5 for each additional members to be on your team! Then you would have some outraged FF players!

That was an extreme example I know, as FF games were never based on a cash shop. But the point I was making, is that the Final Fantasy series do all have a similar core style/mechanics. You kind of know what to expect out of the gameplay.

Same with this. People knew what to expect from "Legends" games. Or thought they did.

And there are many people (myself included), that do not really care about the energy. It's annoying, we all agree on that (pretty much), but you can get used to it, and has -some- positive things to it. But to raise the plat prices on every single thing.. AND cut out the good plat deals, is crazy.

8 plat to respec skills
    50 plat for additional character slot
    10 plat to refresh energy (for another 5 minutes of play)
    18 plat for 100 blood/stims/potions
    25 plat to skip mission timers
    10 plat to bypass a playable mission
    5 plat for 25 experience
    600 plat for 225,000 gold (there is a vanity chest for 150,000, pants for 150,000, and mask for 100,000. So for 600 plat you can buy one vanity chest and have some chump change leftover).

and $50 to buy 500 plat. Soooo. For $50 you can only afford the 100,000 gold option... not even enough to buy 1 of those expensive vanities/legs. Crazy stuff I tell ya!

Back to game. ;p

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Enjoy it for what it is.. It is as f2p as you want it to be. Sure things need to be changed with the instancing.. And maybe the energy consumption and return rates.. But definitely not the game for everyone..

I'll be CTFing or leveling up in PL while my energy fills back up.

Thanks STS for a new game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Ahh, but what if they released a new Final Fantasy game... but based on energy! You only got to play 10 minutes before you had to just sit in town for an hour or so. And you had to pay $5 for each additional members to be on your team! Then you would have some outraged FF players!

That was an extreme example I know, as FF games were never based on a cash shop. But the point I was making, is that the Final Fantasy series do all have a similar core style/mechanics. You kind of know what to expect out of the gameplay.

Same with this. People knew what to expect from "Legends" games. Or thought they did.

And there are many people (myself included), that do not really care about the energy. It's annoying, we all agree on that (pretty much), but you can get used to it, and has -some- positive things to it. But to raise the plat prices on every single thing.. AND cut out the good plat deals, is crazy.

8 plat to respec skills
    5 plat for 25 experience
    600 plat for 225,000 gold (there is a vanity chest for 150,000, pants for 150,000, and mask for 100,000. So for 600 plat you can buy one vanity chest and have some chump change leftover).

and $50 to buy 500 plat. Soooo. For $50 you can only afford the 100,000 gold option... not even enough to buy 1 of those expensive vanities/legs. Crazy stuff I tell ya!

Back to game. ;p
    Yap... Ty morfi
    Popout

GL everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post

8 plat to respec skills
    5 plat for 25 experience

Back to game. ;p
    Well, I agree with you whole heartedly on the plat prices. They are a little bit out there. And I probably won't be buying it. We'll see how long the game is enjoyable enough to keep playing without it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)