Thread: Question on knockdown and critical hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Question on knockdown and critical hit

I've been CTFing and I have a few questions about knockdown and critical hit.

1. Does critical hit increase the damage of hell blade, shadow dance, and unholy force? Based on the skill description alone, it's only in fatal burst that increase when a critical occurs. Skill description in Fatal Burst and quote "...increased damage on a critical hit", this line cannot be found in the other three skills I mentioned.

2. Now my next question would be related to the first one, if critical doesn't increase damage on hell blade, shadow dance, and unholy force, does it increase "knockdown" on a critical instead?

3. Since damage is DPS basically, then I find it useless since high burst attacks would come in so fast before you even come within 1x1 radius to unleash your DPS, unless your combo is shadow dance (if a knockdown happens then DPS 3-4 times), then use skills again something like that, it might work, but shadow dance doesn't knockdown as often as you want...so for DPS to be really useful you need to immobilize your opponent, so my question would be, for better appreciation of DPS, does damage attribute increase the actual damage of your weapon or the speed of your attacks?

4. So far, this is only my personal experience, charged normal attack knocks down opponents better than any of the skills (which means disrupting whatever they're charging before you hit KD them), so basically If I'm on a speed boost, I'll hide and do a super quick ninja stealth charged normal attack, KD player and disrupts his skill, then pummel him, game over for him (Can do this with only the blood requirement as damage to your health). Question is, does knockdown of normal attack have direct relation to critical hit given by the attack attribute?

Thanks, please share your thoughts.

PS: If critical increase damage of all skills and normal attack, for further confusion, I hope the the phrase "...increased damage on critical hit" be applied to all description or remove it from fatal burst and make it an unwritten rule to avoid confusion, thanks.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 04-14-2012 at 10:36 PM.