Quote Originally Posted by Cjon View Post
Except for the fact that the tradeoff is not worth it when the increase of damage you receive from it is less than the increase of damage that it does to yourself. And on top of that, why would you level up hellblade or any of those other abilities when you can just get lvl 1 Vermin Swarm or Leap; which do more damage AND have a lower blood cost.

And there's a big difference between resource management, and having to sacrifice half of your life to have a chance of killing someone. The metagame is already way too focused on burst damage, and if everybody is having to sacrifice half of their life to each of their spells ONCE, then burst damage will be even more prevalent than it is now.

I have 826 health and 98 damage, both average amounts.

The skill cost increase from rank 1 to 2 is double, then triple at rank 3, and so on. Eg: Rank 1 Hellblade costs 23 health, rank 2 costs 46, etc.

Unholy Force adds 30 damage. Hellblade, 49. Fatal Burst, 51. Leap, 54. VS, 158 (37 dps).

Not a single skill would be a bigger cost to my healthpool than the damage increase given...and as all those skills have the capability to strike multiple targets, in an AoE situation the damage done so far surpasses the cost to the caster that the point is moot. Not to mention the feed levels generated by the skill use.

Sure, I COULD pump everything I have into my health, at a sacrifice to my damage...and that would make skills a greater cost to me than damage to my enemy if upgraded...

OR I could value my offensive stats, as I'm sure most of us do, and find that not only is a balanced character more effective, but that the increase in damage potential is weighted equally with the increase in health cost.