Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends Mother's Day Bouquet - Support Breast Cancer Research!

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We've changed up the bouquet so that the damage bonus is not applied in PvP areas. Patch Notes at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Update-(88200)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I haven't posted in forever (yes, I am a lurker!! lol), but this is the BEST idea STS has had in a long time. I would like to think Siejo had a great deal of input on this considering he couldn't get something worked out for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So a great deal of thanks goes out for STS and Siejo.
    Indeed last BCA Month it was the pink cowbow hat. So I'm wearing them both!! So also for me thank u STS and Siejo!! (maybe next time a pink viking helmet, so I can replace my purple one, lol)

Grtz to all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siejo View Post
    I bought 5 of them. Words cannot express my appreciation for this. Come on folks it's for a good cause! ^_^
    That is the spirit!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siejo
    I bought 5 of them. Words cannot express my appreciation for this. Come on folks it's for a good cause! ^_^
    Yes, good cause. But, um, wouldn't it be more efficient after the first one to just donate that money to the Charity directly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I did that too. I donated $100 on behalf of my guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Im sad its over. It was a fun and supportive weekend. Side note: I think the flowers should still show up (the floating ones) even though the event is over. Im wearing them on my bird (with a bow) and the flowers dont "bloom" as if i had them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Im sad its over. It was a fun and supportive weekend. Side note: I think the flowers should still show up (the floating ones) even though the event is over. Im wearing them on my bird (with a bow) and the flowers dont "bloom" as if i had them.
    Hmm that'a odd mine still do just like they did when I bough them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation

This is a decent idea with a great cause. I would gently submit however that the execution and follow through could have been better.

1. It is a very important cause - couldn't you have advertised it more in advance? We have been playing DL and basically nothing else since it launched and rarely visiting the forums - so we didn't see this was coming and lost the chance to support the cause through your games.
    2. Couldn't you have had it in all three games? That would certainly have gotten our attention and even without following the forums we'd have gone looking for it in PL and SL - we'd have bought them in every game, at least for our mains, so that would have been at least six of them.
    3. Even having missed out on the damage buff - did you have to pull the item? Is breast cancer research something that should only be available to support for a few days, one time only don't blink or you'll miss it?

I don't normally support causes through retail establishments - I donate directly because I don't want Safeway and QFC taking credit for giving my money to the cause. However in the case of STS games, and slightly due to the fact I'd get a vanity as a souvenir, I'm willing to give money to causes I care about through you.

So for the future I implore you - announce it further in advance, do it in all games and don't pull special cause vanities from being sold, please!

One further question that's more about how much STS supports the cause(s) themselves and without knowing what your overhead expense/margin levels are - is giving only 50% of sales to the cause a fair amount? Dedicated charities make it a serious point to have 100% of proceeds after expenses go to the cause and to keep those expenses low so the cause gets as much as possible. Is breast cancer a cause or a profit opportunity? Not making an accusation either way - I don't know your books - just asking.

Thank you for your time.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Hi Moth,

They never showed on two-handed weapons. Only one handed.

Cya later