Thread: The Dead Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default The Dead Society

Hello everyone,

Most of you probably don't know it, but I am the guild master of The Dead Society in Star Legends. While originally we tried to have three guild masters, Edwardteach always been extremely busy and cannot devote enough time to accept the mantle of gm. Deokahidale held the position for a long time, and in February we decided I should assume the position. Since then, we did pretty well for ourselves, getting onto the leaderboards for a good long time (and we are finally back on them!). With the advent of Dark Legends, however, we have suffered. Activity is down, and many of us spend a good deal of time on Dark Legends, myself included. I assure you I'm only waiting for the SL update. Deokahidale opened a chapter of TDS in DL, which has proven rather successful. While Deo was spending time on DL, I was stuck on SL, struggling to keep SL TDS afloat. I now seem to be known as "Star Lord Sch" and am recognized as the full and individual gm of SL TDS. I only began playing DL when it was released on iOS, so DL TDS was roaring by then. I only lasted about a week or two in the guild. It is not TDS. Deo is a different person from who I have known. He doesn't give a hoot about our guild in SL. He has not logged on to SL in at least a month. While many officers of SL TDS are in DL TDS, I do not think that a single one of them has been given anything higher than recruiter. Deo has taken DL TDS in some direction that he has yet to explain and that is quite different from what TDS has stood for since our founding six months ago. I recognize that DL is not very guild-friendly, and that success of guilds there requires different tactics, but where DL TDS has gone is unacceptable. There are no vestiges of the true TDS remaining. It saddens me to think where I have been forced to go.

I, Schtoiven, Guild Master of The Dead Society, do formally DISOWN the dead society in dark legends for now and for ever.

I request that the dead society in Dark Legends change their name. I have worked long and hard to earn a respectable name for The Dead Society, and the guild in Dark Legends seems able to ruin our reputation. I recognize the unlikelihood of the name change actually happening, but one can always try.

I am not alone in my sentiments, many friends of mine agree that they are two separate guilds.

I would like to make it perfectly clear that from now on, The Dead Society in Star Legends and the dead society in Dark Legends are two distinct guilds, with no ties whatsoever.

Thank you for your time,

Schtoiven

***This will be posted both on SL and DL forums***
    "You know why the call me Sch? That's the sound of my blade before they die."
    Schtoiven [36/41 eng], Schwift [36/41 op], Schteel [36/41 com], Schtoiv [25 en], +4 SECRETS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Im sorry but this did not have too be put on sts forum.
    Just because a guild doesnt run how you would like it doesnt make it a bad guild that is just your opinion and maybe a few others. I know a lot of people from DL in DTS and they seem more then happy with there guild. I can understand you would like them too change guild name but keep that between you and them not the entire sts public. Too me this seems like a bashing thread trying to ruine a guilds reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool story, next time being a STS vet, put it in the guild section, we care not for cry babies in dl and since this rant comes mostly because of a different game, get it out of here grow up and learn to adapt...
    this space reserved for Flowman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Name:  pwnie.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  4.7 KB
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Name:  pwnie.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  4.7 KB
    so cute!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Lmao star! I luv you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    Lmao star! I luv you!
    Luv you too dearr<3
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't consider DL TDS to be a bad guild. It simply doesn't represent what TDS was created to be: small, tight-knit, and elite. I think it's a good guild for DL, but I also think they share no real connections aside from Deo being gm in both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with you Berry, this was uncalled for and fairly offensive.

TDS in DL IS different from SL, just as the PL guild which wasnt mentioned is different from either. This shouldnt be surprising as they are all different games. The Dead Society in SL is a wonderful guild and I enjoyed my time there, when DL released the guilds it was a given that I would be joining. It is a wonderful guild and very well managed, all of the officers are mature players who can and will help out as well as keep things from getting out of hand. I am sorry that some of our brothers and sisters in SL do not feel comfortable with us in this new guild, but I do understand their feelings. Perhaps in time there will be a reconciliation between Deo and schtoiven but that is for the future. I have a lot of friends in the SL Guild and I have no intention of giving them up over this, It is a game. A game where we come to have fun, socialize, and escape the Real World for a while. I will not let a petty squabble ruin my enjoyment of this or any game. We are all free to make our own decisions, to join this or that guild, to talk to this or that person... I don't begrudge anyone that right, but don't infringe upon my right to make my own choices either.

For now know that TDS in DL will welcome with open arms all who can and do respect the rules that were established in SL.

We get to give, but no begging.
    Respect all players, no haters.
    Guild Chat A Lot and have Fun!

Oh, and its Society, not Scoiety

DL: Kellee L26 Vamp/Silverqueen L25 Vamp/Chantinelle L25 Vamp/Megaera L16
    SL: Kellee L41 Engi/Silverqueen L40 Op/Icequeen L40 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

It isn't just The Dead Society with this problem. There are a few other good guilds that haven't panned out the way they wanted. It sucks, but just work through it and tough it out, discuss it with YOUR guild. Being a Guild Master, you can't post stuff like this. You have to be a strong leader and have confidence in your guild. I've seen some good players in DS already in Dark Legends. Why haven't you talked to them about this before posting? They are replying, but it doesn't sound like you are their leader? They obviously don't agree with what you wrote. Again you really should have discussed this with the DS before declaring it is a fail.

Did you think starting up your guild in a new game was going to be easy? You can't expect things to happen you have to make them. Sparkling Pwnies planned on setting up camp MONTHS in advance, and because of that we are growing constantly with an active, well organized team. It is a little easier for us because we have the experience of doing this in several other games.

Set goals, discuss, and stay dedicated.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

IB4L. Forum dramas make me giggle.

-----
    Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

TESTAMENT IS SLAMMED BY WALLS OF TEXT FOR 24,894 POINTS OF OCCULAR DAMAGE!!

TESTAMENT HAS BEEN SLAIN...

*plop and twitches*
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post

*plop and twitches*
    *loots body*

A coupon for a free spray tan? SCORE!

-----
    Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post

*plop and twitches*
    LOL.

bark bark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It is different, I will say that. As far as not promoting officers from SL in the DL guild, I don't mind it. Honestly I think it was done like that so it didn't take away from the SL TDS. I am capped in DL now, and when SL updates I will be there, not here in DL. It's just i've done everything in SL about 1 million times, and DL is fresh still.

Speaking for myself I only want to be one of the numbers in TDS, not an officer. I don't have the time for it and I will be spending a majority of my time in SL with the update.

to sum it up, I think deo did what he did in an attempt to keep SL TDS as solid as he could without drawing the officers from there into feeling responsibility for DL TDS.

Come on SL update!!!!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    It is different, I will say that. As far as not promoting officers from SL in the DL guild, I don't mind it. Honestly I think it was done like that so it didn't take away from the SL TDS. I am capped in DL now, and when SL updates I will be there, not here in DL. It's just i've done everything in SL about 1 million times, and DL is fresh still.

Speaking for myself I only want to be one of the numbers in TDS, not an officer. I don't have the time for it and I will be spending a majority of my time in SL with the update.

to sum it up, I think deo did what he did in an attempt to keep SL TDS as solid as he could without drawing the officers from there into feeling responsibility for DL TDS.

Come on SL update!!!!
    Thanks Bro! I agree :-) TDS FTW!!
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)