Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hybrids : Possible Solution

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Imagination land?!?!? Another spirit ready to be claimed by the laughing hystericalness of Flamin and CFF.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What are your thoughts on the Topic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope we aren't years off, I have a lot of patience for PL, but not THAT much.

The only real problem I see with your suggestions, is that because they would run along side the attribute-skill bonuses, changing one would mean you'd need to change the other.

What you have suggested is potentially a very nice feature if done right, but the problem with the game already is that they've built too much imbalance on top of the core of the game, which isn't actually balanced itself.

Health/Mana isn't balanced, Attributes aren't balanced, Classes aren't balanced, Skills aren't balanced, and Equipment is ridiculously unbalanced, to add one more thing on top of all that would just be mayhem.

If each individual area was balanced in the first place, it wouldn't make such a huge variation in character strength, if you had really weak equipment for example, at least the core character would be relatively the same strength as others, but right now that isn't the case. And so I think it's important for us to focus on getting the foundation of the game to as much of a level playing field as possible, starting with a more sensible health/mana system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the system bmc85uk wrote up, you can find it under his link -

1. The Health & Mana System.

With the current system, health and mana only increase by the points allotted into STR and INT, 2 points spent equating to 1 HP/MP gained. Given that over the course of the game players will naturally expect their character to get stronger, it then becomes a necessity for damage and spell cost to be capped by unorthodox methods.

If health and mana increased naturally with level as in most RPGs, players are given a feel that their character is getting naturally stronger from the core; there is more difference between a low and a high level character, greater room for customisation by the player and a lot less complication with balance as the level range increases.

STR/INT should have a greater effect on regen to correlate with the increase, ideally at level 100 you would want to regenerate at the same rate (as a percentage). Imagine that the warrior and enchanter are exactly opposite in health and mana as they are with the current system, the base values I used for calculation are:

Warrior – 154HP – 3.08H/s +11HP/level (full regen in 50s)
    Archer – 112HP – 1.72H/s +8HP/level (full regen in 65s)
    Ench – 98HP – 1.23H/s +7HP/level (full regen in 80s)

At the current level cap, with no points allocated to STR (or INT for MP) this would yield:

Warrior – 638HP – 12.76H/s
    Archer – 464HP – 7.14H/s
    Ench – 406HP – 5.08H/s

Perhaps not the ideal values for balance, however I feel that with these amounts, and some tweaking to PvP/PvE damage, it would balance quite nicely, also making higher dungeons harder for low level characters as they should be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and the things I'm mentioning aren't to be taken as a single system, just ideas that can be torn apart or patched together with other others peeps ideas or suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know STS rushed this game out to provide funding. But it seems like there a few core things they should have worked on before releasing this game.
    Birdfy- 45 archer
    Elfffy- 25 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe it was for the best, as funding may have increased their output and production. But yes, there are a lot of things that can be added, revamped, or changed completely to make this game unique and provide not only an environment that will keep players entranced, but also a provide a system that will be flexible for character customization. They have stumbled onto a great facet for MMO players, however a lot of the ideas a incredible tasks to ask for but hopefully we can see them in some form later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As bmc85uk said, and restated in this forum, the core mechanics need to be worked on and fixed before the company moves on. As discussed before ideas posted
    on this thread help the Devs with direction as I'm sure they read these topics thoroughly to get player feedback.

Whether an idea about the HP/Mana system, game mechanics, or even character customization it all helps even if not implemented some ideas will be salvaged and maybe even put into the game. Post!
    Last edited by caelitus; 08-30-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ive got another alternative solution. How about hybrids get a smaller percentage of their armours stats. Only i very small dif. Anyone see any major flaws?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although we don't know yet it seems that pures are going to have the power on their side, so hybrids might actually need a buff - not sure yet