Thread: Design My Sig - Rinzler Edition! For free plat!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Added a second rendition of the sig with just one panel, different font, and a little more TLC put into it. The first was a really quick one.
    not gonna beat around the bush at all - First one is 100% the best of the 3. Here's why.

2nd sig has no focal point. All the parts stand out the same, and you're confused as to where you should look. Universal lighting with background focal attention being the same as the foreground.

3rd sig has lighting (font reflection) without a light source. While the font is definitely cool, it has uniform lighting on half the sig but not on the other. You could throw some kind of light source in the corner and have the reflection kind of fade away as you move down the name. Otherwise it's just an effect.

Not ripping in to you at all, Morf. I already said I think yours is the best by far. Hands down the best actually. I just think your first one is the best of the 3 and you should focus on perfecting that. It's got the cool font, it's got the focal points, and it's original. With a few minor edits and finishing touches it'll be perfect. I don't even have to see the rest of the entries to know that this is a top 3 signature no matter what someone's style and preference may be. I think the fact that you will definitely understand all my critiques I made proves that you deserve recognition as one of the best digital designers on this forum. I love your style and your attention to detail. I think we could collaborate and make an awesome signature for one of these contests.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post: