Thread: What's the most memorable game did you beat?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default What's the most memorable game did you beat?

CONTRA (FAMICON. 1987). None of that up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,B,A,Sele ct,Start cheat. I beat it fair and square in front of my friends from stage 1 to last boss, I instantly became a neighborhood video game hero after I beat that game. Back in those days, internet was still in its infancy (no youtube, no streaming videos, none of those things during those times) so the only proof you have of beating a game is if your friends came over to your house and watch you actually beat the game. During those days, Contra was the "it" game, so you needed proof to be in that group of kids who beat that game (It was a big deal to be in that group back then LOL!). My parents were even watching me beat the game too, and even though I knew they hated my gaming then (killjoy parents), they were both happy that I was doing something epic haha!!! So the scene was me and about 6 friends watching me play the game, they start cheering when I reached last stage as in like freaking out, parents taking a peek 'cuz of the noise we're all creating...damn, that was epic...my closest experience to a rockstar LOL! That will forever be my greatest and most memorable game I beat. That feeling of achievement shaped me to the gamer I am today (about 25 years later). When I look back at that moment, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

How about yours?
    Last edited by zeusabe; 06-16-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

My best friend and I stayed up for around 24 hours (without parental knowledge of course) and beat Super Mario 3 on the day of it's release. Those were the good ole days!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Final Fantasy 7

Got Aerith's final limit break, all materias, the huge materias, beat Ultima, Emerald, and Ruby weapon. It took FOREVER to beat but i was quite pleased, and that was 10 years ago xD Playing it again on my PSP right now ^_^

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Dantes Inferno. Best game ever
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. There's so many secrets and it took me hours to defeat the last boss. (It seemed like it! O.o)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Beat pokemon yellow's elite 4 with just my level 92 kadabra (i thought it would evolve at level 100) psychics were overpowered in those games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The legend of Zelda ocarina of time and twilight princess. Both epic games all the way through. I was too scared to play OoT when it came out due to the skeletons that came out at night haha. Few years later, I beat the game all the way through. Felt really accomplished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say Street Fighter. Me and my friend rented an nintendo and the game street fighter which we played something like 12 hours straight and finished the game together!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:678359
    The legend of Zelda ocarina of time and twilight princess. Both epic games all the way through. I was too scared to play OoT when it came out due to the skeletons that came out at night haha. Few years later, I beat the game all the way through. Felt really accomplished
    I literally sprinted straight to the castle because the skeletons gave me nightmares (That or jump in the moat or streams!)
    Fortunately I'm not scared of them twelve years later...

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Lady_Pebbles

DMC3 Gold Edition and Tekken5. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Love the zelda games the ones I've managed to complete were windwaiker, twilight princess, majors mask (my favourite) and phantom hourglass. Feels awesome to beat a zelda game because they're just so hard haha. Working out where to go next, what to do etc. It's one of those games where you have to actually read what the people are saying in the game and can't just skip over it all. Also I was so happy to beat Pokemon red on my gameboy colour caught all the Pokemon except the starters which werent the ones I chose. Never knew anyone who didn't pick charmander at the start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Max F2p Runescape :O

Yes it took me over 2 years and 80m For prayer NO LIFE WHOOT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I miss multiple disc games like Metal Gear Solid. That, the N64 Zelda games, and almost all the Final Fantasy games I had a hard time finishing. Not because they were hard, but because they were such good games.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Love the zelda games the ones I've managed to complete were windwaiker, twilight princess, majors mask (my favourite) and phantom hourglass. Feels awesome to beat a zelda game because they're just so hard haha. Working out where to go next, what to do etc. It's one of those games where you have to actually read what the people are saying in the game and can't just skip over it all. Also I was so happy to beat Pokemon red on my gameboy colour caught all the Pokemon except the starters which werent the ones I chose. Never knew anyone who didn't pick charmander at the start
    in yellow version random people give u the starters in vermillion and cerulean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    in yellow version random people give u the starters in vermillion and cerulean
    Maybe they did in red and I missed em haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

banjo kazooie/banjo tooie. lawl i loved them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

No games. I fail.
    ---------------------
    JK, id have to say.... actually.. come to think of it. Holy snap! Im incomplete! Oh nooo! Havent completed a game yet. Wait actually... no not even .. uhm.. ugh.. >_< darn it!

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Been playing a games a long time like many of you. A few Final Fantasy finishes and most recently reaching Lvl 80 and getting the platinum trophy for Skyrim.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default What's the most memorable game did you beat?

I would have to say my first pokemon game wich was rugby!!! Took me 2 days nonstop playing and just 6 to get my first lvl 100 pokemon i was so proud!! Lol that was like 6 years ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

ima post my best 5 and the reasons
    spyro Riptos Rage i beat it at least 100 times in all seriousness
    jak and daxter and the precurser legacy played it just as much as spyro made me feel like a hero
    Tekkin 2 i beat it many times and i becoame very good at it it still remember the combo for the tiger circle triangle triangle X square sqare cirle X X
    sonic heros only beat it once it was so challenging to me to get all of them gems that fly around and you have to chase
    ace combat 5 i use to feel really awesome when i played it because i think i was the first player to use the freefall bombs on the mission where you destroy the submarine and i was using an f-16 also if you wanna play with me on xbox on ace combat assualt horizon lemme know
    Last edited by Livemau; 06-17-2012 at 12:38 AM.