Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Changed User Interface in Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I dislike the profiles because I'm always looking for the names of characters and then see them on the bottom. I think the older profiles and mute/friend/boot options on the bottom were much more streamlined.
    Also, I hate scrolling through the inventory, can there be an option to both slide and tap arrows for looking through?

I do like the character selection in the beginning with the new angle at which the character is shown, and the buttons all being on top.

Like everyone else, the buttons are too small on mobile devices, but too big on the iPad, and the name text is way too large.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    At Samsung galaxy s2, Droid 4.0.3 (phone version)

Move joystick lower and right.
    Increase size of skills.
    Increase size of attack button.
    Decrease size of names and titles.
    Add into options every option there is available. Currently missing LEAST, filter chat and notification for friend online.
    Lower/replace item loadout button. Too close to back arrow
    Relocate skills page changer to menu or somewhere, where I won't all the time hit while using skills. (resizing skills might get rid of this)
    Move chatbox to left.
    At inventory when you choose item from list it sometimes randomly removed it being chosen. Not big deal but it did it many times when tried fast sell all usless items.
    Can't see text I write at the top of screen.

That's my wishlist and problems what new ui most annoys me.
    Agreed!

Coke
    STS Forum Guide: Pocket Legends bosses!

Thanks for the Sig Patsoe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GALiXENTOR View Post
    I tend to close my skills multiple times ina dungeon, sometimes even turn off auto. On ipod 4th gen the top right corner log over laps the chat log like when the '1 friend online' thing pops up and you have to wait it out..Other than that i love it.
    I totally agree with this and what sryyoulose said. And please make the joystick a bit farther down on the screen

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Change everything back to normal will be a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    It's very hard to use on iPod touch 4th gen. I can't even move... Skills tiny hard to hit. Keep accidentally bumping close skills to....
    +1

Apart from this the trackpad for movement is tiny in all devices. It was a taxing job just to move. I checked this on 3 devices.
    Xperia Play
    iPod Touch 4th Gen
    10" tablet Advent Vega

Please give us the old UI back.
    I am normally a big fan of your work, but at this particular occasion I am left far from appreciative.
    The long wait it seems was for nothing. You guys had ample time to polish the UI and actually test it. I mean Xperia Play and iPod are common devices. You could have noticed that performance had dropped to below mediocre. If you wander around Baltefort Castle you might notice that you can't spot the merchant because the display names are way too big. Further, the list up/down buttons are no longer produce a correct output.
    Also, the auto log in doesnt work.

The guild name addition is quite good. This along with all the new social additions show that you guys are committed to promoting social interaction.

Hope you get a fix out soon though. Another two weeks (sigh from Apple users).
    Last edited by demoncrate; 06-20-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    It's very hard to use on iPod touch 4th gen. I can't even move... Skills tiny hard to hit. Keep accidentally bumping close skills to....
    Same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bet they've just mixed up the UI's for iPhone and iPad. Amateurs...

This way the Game is unplayable for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cr7 View Post

Yes, it completely takes away from the enjoyment of exploring a new map finally.

If you would even bother to look here then you are a stalker.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cr7:682533

you didnt have to go and make a new account to slam sts, man.
    ~a~
    My programming name is r3pwn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It looks like iPad has the UI of iPod and iPod has the UI of the iPad, anybody else noticed?

Marty.
    Marty Proud Founder Of PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I took a long break wen the global shutdown was implented.... i might take another
    Nobody can screw up like americans

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

What cr7 said was spot on. Given the time they had to come up with this update, it is not weak. It's amateur work, and makes me wonder if the devs have simply given up and are moving on to another project. Sell us a bunch of new hats and completely trash the size of graphics on all devices, to make their work easier the next time they feel like trashing another game feature. I loathe this update, and I'm done with the game unless they listen and fix it. But they won't.

Edited for spelling. Because sentient beings can recognize their mistakes. 

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Speaking of which, I've said it before but I'll reiterate. Remember the emote update? Taking away the ability to have emotes onscreen all the time? Used to be that we could kick out an emote with one click, then they changed it to three clicks, which I doubt even one single person asked for. ("Hey, can you make it more difficult to use a fun game feature?") after user outcry, they "compromised" by taking it back to two clicks, where it remains.

That's what the devs are going to do here. "Compromise," take the money and run. They won't admit their error or fix it. We are all victims of a gaming tragedy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Oh yeah one more thing lmao. I won't even bother downloading arcane legends. You're way too busy messing up your cash cow to get it right making yet another game. Hacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On a Motorola DROID RAZR here, and my only real concern with the new UI is the "quest helper" box position. It is appearing right underneath the on screen joystick, closing the quest helper frees up use of the joystick, but then you can't keep the quest helper open for tracking progress while moving.

As a suggestion: apart from moving the helper window to another location on the screen, could you also make it NOT show the entire quest text in the box? Simply the name of the quest and the objective quantity would suffice. Also, giving it the ability to track multiple quests would then likely be possible, with the space saved from not displaying all the quest text.
    SL: Neoramasay - Engineer; Rionaldi - Commando; Alatonaka - Operative
    PL: Neoramasay - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Sam!

I may be repeating some of what others have said, but this is what I have found so far. I typically play on an Android, but I do have PL on Chrome, iPad, and iPod.

1. Chrome looks like it always does, iPad all the skills are too large, and on iPod/Android all the skills/joystick/quick chat is very small and hard to click on. Half the time I rotate the map rather than move my joystick. Also lots of players complain they keep minimizing their skills on accident. The general consensus is its virtually unplayable due to the extreme size (either too small or too large depending on what they are playing on).

2. It no longer stores my email and pw so I have to type in my email & pw everytime. Right now I am regretting having such a long email and pw combo. Once you are logged in all of my options I had selected before are gone so I have to go back into options to turn on the minimap, and turn off quest helper (which I used to leave on but with the smaller joy stick I kept hitting it and it took me to a new map mid-game), also I have tried to turn off all the notifications because it keeps saying I have 1 friend online.

3. The names are so GINORMUS that I have to solo a map in order to see the boss I am fighting. I tried running with my guildmates and all I could see was their names overlapping.

4. When thrasher wears off it says my Wicked Playa Potion has worn off--does this mean I haven't been getting 4x?

5. The alerts that keep continuing to pop up is annoying as well, and I don't know how to get it to stop.

I really hope some adjustments can be made so I don't have to reset all of my options everytime I log in to play, and I REALLY dislike having to type in my email & pw everytime even though I check save pw. On top of everything else the icons being too small to click, and I do not have large hands--some of my friends can't click on their skills at all so I suppose maybe I shouldn't complain about it.

I do like the scrolling option, and the achievements seem pretty cool. I kind of wish there were better descriptions on how to GET some of the achievements. So far I have most of them completed and the few I haven't done yet I am not sure how to go about achieving them. I did get a few randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

We want to let you all know that we are aware of your feedback and suggestions with the User Interface changes to Pocket Legends. Our intent with the change was to streamline our User Interface (UI) systems as we develop for multiple devices. The intent is to considerably speed up how we can change things to the UI.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused with the new UI. We appreciate your input and are looking at how we can improve the UI to better address your concerns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

what's weird is that when you re-design an interface, you would think someone at the developers' office would have actually played the game to test it out. Anyone who plays it on an ipad for more than one minute will see how difficult it is to see what's going on with large icons, even larger player names, etc.

has anyone even been able to successfully scroll through games to join? I can't and am stuck with whatever games are on the first screen.

Like someone has said above, i can't see the bosses at all, just player names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~A~ View Post
    you didnt have to go and make a new account to slam sts, man.
    Wrong, i did not have any accounts here beside this one. StS can go and check my IP if they want. I guess it looks kinda fake for my first post but i just had to throw my opinion on this Topic and i still think im right.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Put it all back to normal it was much easier to use.
    1. The 1 freind is online thing is really not a smart thing i always click on that when hitting skills.
    2. The triangle (arrow) under the skills very annoying everytime i click on the skill in bottom right corner of screen I hit that triangle
    3. The skills are way to small.
    4. the names are way to big
    5. the scrolling up and down in freinds list I've accidently deleted probably like 10 already in 2 days.
    6. There is alot more lag now that humania came out.
    I'm not sure if these affect everyone but i use the iPod touch 4th generation and these all affected me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Regarding the Changed User Interface in Pocket Legends

I understand wanting to have one UI for all devices but with this interface at least, it can't be done. Some things we will get used to, but the icon and name sizes are just wrong on some devices and will need to be fixed. I don't understand why you all don't think its worth while to spend time developing and testing different UIs.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******