Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Like Kav said. Do a good deed for the fact of doing it, not to get a reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He has not mentioned that he would like to receive a PL Shield. In fact, people have been suggesting that he should receive one.

Has he written anything in this thread? Has he perosnally spoken to anyone and blatantly said that he is doing the giveaway for a PL Shield? Not that we know of because no one has said so... You know what they say about assuming, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    He has not mentioned that he would like to receive a PL Shield.
    He introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a PL shield, and that's where he found out about Violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    he introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a pl shield, and that's where he found out about violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it

royce gets my worthless vote for pl shield!
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    He introduced himself to this forum by starting a thread asking how he could get a PL shield, and that's where he found out about Violent's giveaway, and where he got the misguided notion that another giveaway might snag him a shield. It is quite obvious, that, and not selfless community service, was his original goal. There is no way he should get a shield for giving away a bunch of gold in an attempt to get a shield. Sorry, but that's not how it works, and there's no way the devs are gonna fall for it
    Lol , this thread was started ages ago , and why don't U do a big giveaway too ! If it's easy ?
    Lol . I didn't knew I could get a PL shield by doing this , look in my wish list , alot of people are telling I deserve one , I am not asking for it .

Edit: I think you're jealous

Peace
    Last edited by Hayabusaz; 09-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Btw masterchief gave away 14 milion gold, 3 zuraz lances, 4 thoth plasmas, red scarab bows, hammers and maaaaany more. I think he really deserves a shield of legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me too, I really think Masterchief deserves a PL shield as he did give away lots of gold 14 mil, lances, plasmas and lots more. If you were one of the many players who received a gift like this from MC you would like this game a lil more as it becomes a bit boring farming for hours for one specific item and being very unlucky. This is an attitude that I really think it must be rewarded somehow. And I don't think a PL shield is too much to ask for, for someone who really deserves it. I might be a junior here in forum but I'm a senior in game. Masterchief I have a big thanks here for u for all your help! Cheers, keep up with the good work that u do!

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    You guys are missing the point though. If the dev's went around handing out PL shields for every person who does a noble deed like this, imagine how many philanthropists would all of a sudden spring up? I'm not saying it was MasterChief's idea all along, but he sure did get very enthusiastic about it when he thought he could get a PL shield this way. The fact is that no one knew the dev's would give a PL shield away when ViolentSaint did his giveaway. It was out of pure generosity for the community. The dev's shouldn't be pressured in anyway to give the PL shield out to anyone else who now trys to do charitable deeds.

Here's an idea... do something extremely crazy for the community and the devs and the game itself and then you may get a PL shield, but you may not. So don't do it for the reward, do it for the gift! Because you will probably just walk away empty handed. As said before, it's easy to give away your hoarded treasure, you obviously didn't hoard it through giving it away at the start... I got my PL shield because I won a contest, not because since I started playing this game I've given away so many pinks that instead of having over 9 mill I have less than 1 mill. But you don't see my thread posted on here about it... you don't see me waving the "i'm a generous person banner". What's done in the secret will be brought to the light.

Go finish the PL WIKI. Ask STS if you can host a PL convention. Make professional monogrammed Spacetimestudios or Pocket Legends polo's and ship them to the dev's to wear, or STS pajama pants with their forum name monogrammed on it. Take a road trip to Austin, ask the dev's to meet them in person and see where they work, and then invite them to dinner (and you actually foot the bill)!

Now lets see how many people get excited about doing one of those above...
    The only comment I will make in this thread is that Kavanah is accurately representing our feelings. We are very aware and appreciative of MC's efforts, but we are not planning on granting another one for philanthropic efforts. Surprise us! Except please don't come to Austin. That would scare us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    The only comment I will make in this thread is that Kavanah is accurately representing our feelings. We are very aware and appreciative of MC's efforts, but we are not planning on granting another one for philanthropic efforts. Surprise us! Except please don't come to Austin. That would scare us.
    too late...
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    too late...
    What do you mean ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I already went to Austin
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    I already went to Austin
    Huh ? What For ??

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by masterchief View Post
    Huh ? What For ??
    He is making a joke about stalking the Dev's. At least I assume he is making a joke ...

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

For the music! LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When people get that rich theres very little that will keep them interested in the game because
    they have it all, whats the one item that isn't available for these rich players? a PL shield, of course
    he did it from the get go for a PL shield, but hes the one person who can't say that, or for that fact
    admit it - cause saying that sort of thing would instantly disqualify him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Oh I'm coming to see STS and /mosh with Cinco to Norma Jean. Get ready Mr. Gattis!! =)

Btw I'm not so sure about how widespread the pizza place is, but there is a pizza chain near my house called Mr. Gattis. Just thought you would want to know that =)
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Epic fail close the thread please.... and could we stop with who should get a PL shield threads please.... i mean its ridiculous "demanding" the devs to give the PL shield to this guy well if they do your gonna have more ppl saying this guys too deserves one... creating more arguments and controversy so just STOP
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokester View Post
    Epic fail close the thread please.... and could we stop with who should get a PL shield threads please.... i mean its ridiculous "demanding" the devs to give the PL shield to this guy well if they do your gonna have more ppl saying this guys too deserves one... creating more arguments and controversy so just STOP
    useless Post .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

MasterChief....You sir need to shutup...Your post was in fact useless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    MasterChief....You sir need to shutup...Your post was in fact useless
    That doesn't help anything Cascade...
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"