Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Why does it seem like some people don't want others to have a bonus?

Sure, it was never explicitly stated the new elite item would, but I know that the majority of people were assuming so. And I bet STS knew so too. Until a few weeks ago it wasn't even for sure that the new vanity would be another helm!

And whats the harm if people get a bonus from it?

Just imagine for one second how you would feel if you grinded all the way to 66 just to find out that the armor has no purpose except for its very mediocre look. I would feel totally ripped off that play and time I spent...

Very shady on STS' part as well Smh...
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I didn't read all replies, so sorry if this is redundant...

To anyone that says no to making it a set, put yourself in the shoes of someone who spent money/time to get mf armor, and it's their only elite vanity.

theres no way in hell I would of grinded my bird and bear to 66 if I knew all I would get is some red armor. I just wish sts would be more transparent, but they knew what they were doing. This definitely wasn't the reason I quit pl, but was kinda what pushed me over the edge.
    gf.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

This patch didn't add stats to it. I was a little too hopeful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Im not a Elite Vanity Chaser, but if I were I would say Yes, because alot of my friends decided to go for the 66 Armor and I think they are going to also try for the new helmet and If it were me I would want a bonus.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I'm curious. Can anyone bring up something that says it will be a whole new set?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
    All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
    I'm sure this is what "fair" means to STS.
    Besides, be happy you're even getting a help for grinding all that EXP.
    Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.
    Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
    It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
    So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
    I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
    I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Guys,

I like the game a lot. It's awesome. I am also a paying customer.

Up to now, any combination of elite vanities gave set bonus. That was against normal set bonus policy where you needed all set items for a set bonus.

I simply don't understand why the new vanity does not match with the previous ones. Where and when was it stated that the vanity set was complete after Fang, that 71+ vanities would be part of a new set and therefore would not give any bonus when combined with the old ones.

I also agree with Buddyf97's interpretation here:

"The plan with the elite level cap vanities is to replace them in order, so after Humania expect to see a new vanity shield that will replace the Nuri's shield, etc."
    It is clearly stated that the helm will replace the CoP, not start a new set. If the helm replaces an item within a set, it is a part of the set. If it is part of the set, it obviously gives set bonus.

Staying on the constructive and positive side (as I said, I love the game), I would like to propose ways of keeping everyone happy:

1. One of them was stated by Apollo here (temporary set bonus).

2. Another was given by Apollo again on a previous thread (i.e. crafted helm vanity for veterans, a good idea).

3. Another would be to return to the customers who spent a fair amount of platinum on elixirs during this cap a fair amount of platinum in exchange for the Fang armor.

4. Another would be to award these players a free dragon pet. The logic behind it is that the pet costs about the same amount of plat as the cap and it also gives the opportunity of a vanity set bonus. Therefore, people won't have to wait for another 6-7 months to get a vanity bonus (and face vanity bonus players on PvP on equal terms).

As I said, I enjoy the game a lot. It relaxes me after long working hours. Since I like the game so much, I find it reasonable to support it so I believe that the money with which I purchased platinum was well spent. However, I can't help feeling a bit disappointed every time I play now.
    I assume that all customers who are in the same situation feel the same way too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
    It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
    So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
    I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
    I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity
    Ran out of rep :/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

"Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along
    with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
    -Posted by samhayne

So why doesn't the volcano helm work with mount fang armor and nuri sheild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    Ran out of rep :/
    I take it you understand where im coming from bud

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I'm curious. Can anyone bring up something that says it will be a whole new set?
    Imma rebel! Quoting myself! Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yes. Yes. Yes!

I wasted all my plat grinding to 66, because I thought the mFa would create a set with future vanities. So basically I have a useless elite vanity item.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Yes. Yes. Yes!

I wasted all my plat grinding to 66, because I thought the mFa would create a set with future vanities. So basically I have a useless elite vanity item.
    Wow, I didn't know so many of you were mislead. Wasn't it reiterated time after time that the armor was the last piece of the set? And when Sam posted that the next item was going to be a helmet, didn't it ever cross your mind that, "Oh yeah, the first piece of this set was the CoP, so that means that the next helmet must start a whole new​ set." Idk, common sense to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I think it should. As the game progresses, it would be really unfair to new players because the veterans would have all the extra stuff the new guys would never have a chance to get. They already have the Founder's, so Spacetime should give newcomers a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Didn't read rest of convo...blablabla yes, blablabla no.

Well when I grinded for CoP I didn't expect it to have an elite vanity bonus with the next, of course, the CoP had stats as a helm, so maybe they could just give the MFA like 5 armor and 3 crit if wearing it without CoP and SoH?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Wow, I didn't know so many of you were mislead. Wasn't it reiterated time after time that the armor was the last piece of the set? And when Sam posted that the next item was going to be a helmet, didn't it ever cross your mind that, "Oh yeah, the first piece of this set was the CoP, so that means that the next helmet must start a whole new​ set." Idk, common sense to me.
    Not a quote or anything to support that? I'm sorry, but I don't remember anything like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Not a quote or anything to support that? I'm sorry, but I don't remember anything like that.
    What do you mean...if Sam announced a new helmet as the next piece, how can there be more to the old set? That means that the armor was the last piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It was never made clear exactly how the sets would work, and there was a lot of discussion on whether or not the 71 vanity helm would replace the cop in the set. I don't recall a clear position from STS on what exactly would be happening.

During the build up to Humania there was a fair amount of advertisement and emphasis put towards players getting the elite vanity. There were elixer sales and even a platinum sale in the months prior to the release. Now I'd be willing to bet that the PL player base increased substantially between nuri and fang, and even more so between fang and humania with the (8 month?) endless wait.

For every player who began playing during mt fang there was absoloutley no reason to believe that once they grinded their way to 66, after countless elixers thrown out the door, all that work would be for absoloutley nothing. Even for the players who have been playing since the Nuri campaign, it was never made clear that unless you started playing 6 months earlier you'll never get a full set. Even now the level 71 vanity is useless to everyone until the next campaign comes out; and who knows when that's going to be?

So essentially mt fang armor on its own is a 300+ platinum piece of vanity armor with no stats, even when combined with another 300+ platinum vanity helmet both are nothing but eye candy, and I use that term lightly.

I can't think of a universally friendly way to fix this issue, but until something is done I wont bother going for 71, which is a shame because I now have a whole lot of useless platinum.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    What do you mean...if Sam announced a new helmet as the next piece, how can there be more to the old set? That means that the armor was the last piece.

if you knew, you should of made a thread telling everyone.
    gf.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I don't really analyze a game this far...I just play...I'll let STS think about these things and just accept it, they're the game developers after all...as long as there's no significant glitches or imbalances, I'm just a gamer after all...I play games not make them. If I don't like the game, I get out and look for another.