Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 71 Elite Cap Bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default 71 Elite Cap Bonus

To answer the question in the title, I remember posting something saying to people who where complaining that it was a helm not a pet that equip this will get you epic sparkles and different combinations of elite vanities and I DID get support from a dev on it. I'm trying to find the thread now.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffedbear Pl View Post
    No.
    What do you mean by no
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Luvaria

Default ^^ Lol not that off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    I really hope after crafting comes next week they do give elite bonuses with new helm Just like the Humania sets too. If not, that's so unfair to those who ONLY have Mt Fang armor...

I know it's off topic, but does anybody know if the people who got the Mt Fang Armor after Humania's release get them taken away? This person said he didn't get his taken away. So not sure if it's true or if he's trolling me
    They were taken away I have two friends that did that =P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    What do you mean by no
    No as in you're not going to get a bonus with Humania Helm + other elite vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Wow; some of you guys were really rude. Buddy is just trying to find out whether or not the newest Vanity Helm will interact with previous Elite Cap vanities. Sure, its most likely no; but none of you have proof, nor any more knowledge than anyone else. So what if a million threads about the same thing are made. None of them have been answered. Relax and stop flaming the guy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm thinking it will be part of the bonus (not there yet don't know) because like Sam had said the main difference between the 2 (56&71) is recognition so with that being said I think it will have the bonus and hey you never know ........craftable

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
    -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
    -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
    A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
    -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
    -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
    A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?
    I'm all good with making the elite vanities what their name defines them as ^_^

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Tournament & Ladder Leader Bilaxman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Could any combination of elite items perhaps give sparkles at least? I like the sparkles xD

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click here!
    AL Index of Guides | PL Index of Guides | SL Index of Guides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Hello,

Something to consider:
    Hundreds of dollars spent and hours of time used only to give a vanities that alter your appearance. Pardon me, but no thank you. If you choose to make the L71 Vanity Cap and Elite Vanities in the future statless, that's fine. But I beg of you not to mess with any of the L56, L61, and L66 Elite Vanities.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Elite Vanities stashable and/or have no level requirement (even if no stats).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I have one thing to say now I know its like this ...garbage ill save a lot of money not buying thrashers why get to 71 if all of a sudden the future elite vanities are gonna do nothing but "ooooooh its pretty" whatever ill save money btw I spent $600 in this process chasing vanities ....whatever. sorry guys little dissapointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    I have one thing to say now I know its like this ...garbage ill save a lot of money not buying thrashers why get to 71 if all of a sudden the future elite vanities are gonna do nothing but "ooooooh its pretty" whatever ill save money btw I spent $600 in this process chasing vanities ....whatever. sorry guys little dissapointed
    If you don't like that you won't get a bonus then don't go for the cap, simple as that.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sorry for my rant but just seems I'm coming up short when I feel I'm close to doing something here in the wonderful land of pl but will still save my money now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I like stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Hello,

Something to consider:
    Thanks! I am grateful just to get a response.
    The special dungeon is awesome! Maybe free access to the Premium Boss maps? Since we spent not only tons of platinum, but hours of our time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    If you don't like that you won't get a bonus then don't go for the cap, simple as that.
    It's always easy to have that response but....its never that easy and of course I will not be chasing it but it was a nice prize to shoot for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hello,

Something to consider:
    If vanities going forward are not to give set bonuses, then there will be nothing to oppose the current 56/61/66 vanity set. My recommendation (and I'm sure many are opposed) would be to (PLEASE) take away the set bonus from that vanity set, and perhaps let the sparkles remain. Maybe some other perk for the hard work.

Another thing I'd like to bring up:
    Currently, all store bought vanity helms (excluding the OCD, as it is newer) give 1 armor. 2011 Big Luck/Love and all party hats of any size, excluding the purple ambassador party hat, give approximately ~1.5 armor. Depending on your stats, this can round up to +2 armor. So, currently, we have vanities that give no armor, 1 armor, and 2 armor. Would you be taking away vanity stats, or changing all of them to +1 armor, or what? Just wondering.

I'd definitely vouch for vanities being VANITIES. Not exclusive stat giving items. It's just one step closer to balancing pvp, etc. It is nothing but beneficial overall, even if some people are upset that they lose their exclusive 3 piece item set. As for the rings with greater stats, YES!

Devs, please take all players into consideration and get rid of the old 3 piece ("vanity..?") item set bonus. Keeping the sparkles would be nice though . Thanks!

EDIT: (and lol techno email said volcoconut! This helm needs a rename... )
    Last edited by Dynastu; 07-03-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dynastu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't know why everyone is in such a rush. I've never spent any plat on these xp elixers. I'm lvl66 now, and I'm sure I'll get to lvl71 with plenty of time to spare. I just keep farming humania for pinks and pick up xp on the way. Try to enjoy the ride and stop worrying so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Also, I agree with not having exclusive vanities which give stats. Instead, why not make more vanities like the dragon armor/helm. These can give stats, but can be very rare drops that any player can work hard to get (by either farming or saving gold to buy them).

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bilaxman View Post
    Could any combination of elite items perhaps give sparkles at least? I like the sparkles xD
    Absolutely! The people deserve sparkles, and so you shall have sparkles!