Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 71 Elite Cap Bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Absolutely! The people deserve sparkles, and so you shall have sparkles!
    Yay, compromise!

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
    -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
    -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
    A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?
    Here are some of my inputs:

1. On exciting visuals: Anything that has movement is exciting i.e. when you "revenge" after dying, flapping wings, gust of wind sprites, afterimage effect, ethereal wings
    2. Have two pet slots: One is normal pet that we have now, other is a mountable pet (aka elite pet), that should differentiate them from the masses having two pets
    3. I'm all for vanity items being just vanities, first step in balancing the game, everyone should have access if a stat is involved
    4. Allow for gender change
    4. Agree on ring upgrades (finally!)
    5. Add more ring slots for customization (at least 3 ring slots to make a set). Or it could be a ring, necklace, and bracelet (as long as accessory)
    6. Lootable vanities aside from hooch hat
    7. Lootable rings (should be better than the one in store)
    8. Have item set rings (or accessories) if worn together will give a bonus stat, should replace the elite vanity set bonus stat. The more rings (accessories), more combinations, more exploration.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
    They were taken away I have two friends that did that =P
    That's correct.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Hundreds of dollars spent and hours of time used only to give a vanities that alter your appearance. Pardon me, but no thank you. If you choose to make the L71 Vanity Cap and Elite Vanities in the future statless, that's fine. But I beg of you not to mess with any of the L56, L61, and L66 Elite Vanities.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Elite Vanities stashable and/or have no level requirement (even if no stats).
    We will not take away, alter or remove the set bonuses from your existing elite vanities. You earned them and we will not be taking them away.

That being said, we can reward you with any kind of item for reaching the level cap, it doesn't have to be a vanity. If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration. We have ways of making you happy, and will do everything in our power to make it happen! Yes, I think that is a threat... At least it resembles a threat. Muahahaha!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

...If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration.....
    Yes, this idea is much much better! I still suffer with my dilemma of whether or not to wear my big luck vanity. It looks goofy and I prefer to wear the helm which matches my set, but at the same time I want the luck bonus. I would prefer if there was a non-vanity item which I could equip which would give me the luck bonus but not alter my appearance. And the same goes for other stat-boosting items.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

How soon people forget how the COP/SOH bonus was added weeks after Nuri's was released. If you grinded for the "bonuses", then you are not being completely honest.

@Technoemail - thank you for some timely responses as of late.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

We will not take away, alter or remove the set bonuses from your existing elite vanities. You earned them and we will not be taking them away.

That being said, we can reward you with any kind of item for reaching the level cap, it doesn't have to be a vanity. If you guys would prefer a stat'd non-vanity item next time around, we will absolutely take that into consideration. We have ways of making you happy, and will do everything in our power to make it happen! Yes, I think that is a threat... At least it resembles a threat. Muahahaha!!!
    just make it work with the previous Elite Vanities to give a bonus. A lot of people feeling misled about the Fang armour and all the promotion of it, will turn back into happy loyal customers when you do that please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
    -Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
    -Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
    A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?
    Thanks for replying to this thread and clarifying the situation . I would like to ask some questions:

Could you please elaborate on why you suddenly decided to change your policy on elite cap vanities? I am sorry, but I could not understand this from your post .
    Most importantly, why does this change affect only newer players. As other people stated, the 56/61/66 bonus obviously causes imbalance both in PvP and PvE.

I also believe you introduced another stat-bonus-giving vanity shortly before the release of Humania (Dragons). How is this consistent with your recent turn to non-stat bonus vanities.

I fully support the opinion that vanities should be just for the looks. But this rule should apply for all, else the game is not fair I am afraid. However, I can not suggest the removal of any vanity set bonus - those who got it definitely earned it, even paid for it. Since you decided to adopt a vanity cap bonus policy, I would kindly like to ask you to be consistent and stick with it .

If this is not possible, could you please consider introducing a way for non 56/61/66 vanity holders to counter the following significant vanity bonus (for the sake of in-game balance and fair play):

Two Piece Set bonus: +50 Health, +10 Armor, +5 Dodge
    Three Piece Set bonus: +55 Health, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +1 Crit

Regarding your thoughts about "exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses".
    That's cool. But I think that in a game like PL, style of play and personality is what defines the elite player and differentiates them from the masses.
    Personality goes a looong way .

In closing, I would like to thank you again for taking time to interact with the community. Please keep up the good work on our favourite game .
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Techno, I'm fine with you taking away the current elite items bonus, but I know many people won't be.

Here's my suggestion:

Go with what STS started, keep giving vanities bonuses. HOWEVER, the main issue people have with vanities is this: Luck based stats are increased.

What to do then? Nerf the existing sets to remove that luck based stat, such as dodge, and give each class a different bonus.

Enchantresses: Mages are not bears, nor are they birds, so why are they getting armor and dodge? They are defined as the support class, so give them support class bonuses.

Bears: Armor, HS, Hit % are all not luck based stats (to a certain degree), so give bears a bonus with that.

Birds: Dodge is all they have, so I would be fine with a little dodge, but not too much. Otherwise, do as there role states, which is the DPS class. Give them the crit and damage that they need.

Classes begin to become unbalanced when class specific stats start mixing in with other classes which only extrapolates with the current vanity sets & angel gear.

If something like this could be done, I'm sure many people would appreciate it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

In other games there's a term "minmaxer", means everything that can be done to boost stats is done by a player. This is my focus generally. If vanities from here on out give no stats, I will not grind all classes as I planned. I go for stats personally, I have enough vanity and random items I can use for looks. I capped all classes in fang in hopes of set bonus. If there was a new ring with those same elite bonus, I'd buy and get back to farming instead. I'm not complaining just sayin, I don't play for days for looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Welp, I still wasted a lot of money getting mt fang armors for two characters, expecting a bonus with the next item. Never again

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think for the next cap we should have a statted non-vanity item with a bit better stats than the crafted item, like COP in Sewer days. Then when the next cap comes after that, we should be able to turn it into a vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

If you see this devs...Please reward me! & make me happy with the Mantle of Humania...volcano helm...Mr. Techno email...I will not give up on it. I still want it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont think vanity sets upset the balence of pvp. I think they deserve to use it after hardwork. And it isnt bad taking down a vanity toon in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hello,

Something to consider:
    Omg!!! Yes, I would love to have the Volcoconut helm that would emit a volcanic eruption!! That would be so cool, so epic...I can't believe it! What an idea, as everybody knows here on the forums...Ive been crazy about trying to get the Mantle of Humania...at least the devs are thinking about using the Volcoconut & not abandoning it like Samhayne said...I am so happy to hear that. Can't wait for that...I probably want that Mantle more than anything it the game right now besides Red Dragon armor set. lolol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Mantle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

@Glad....yeah the original level 71 cap vanity helm that was available for the first 4 days of the Humania campaign. I believe someone who owns it said it was officially called the "Mantle of Humania" in their stash. Most people refer to it as the Volcano helm or Volcoconut...